Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    By using the same rational too! Its for the stability and security of women and our culture!

My favorite is when they act like this is a position that feminists should be taking.
    And again, so, it is not okay to force those woman not to wear them at banks?? Because, that is totally done because off the security of woman and our culture right

My favourite part is where you deny that this isn't said because of, you know, the security problems that covering your face gives.

Glad to hear. Dont like it? Live in somewhere you can wear your damn niqab.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    by telling women how not to dress.
    Telling everyone how to dress.

No one (sane) wants a general burqa ban. Its all about situations where it is not appropriate to hide your identity (regardless of what you use to hide it). Partial bans in schools, traffic, court, public buildings is the way to go. In banks and (most) stores you are already not allowed to conceal your identity anyway.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-08-29 at 08:10 AM.

So to put that in a different light: if there is nation which requires every man to carry a sword, should we allow them to wear weapons in our cities? Enter banks, schools, transportation? The answer is no. Same for disturbing clothes, that hurts the harmony of the society.

Wow, this thread is full of the same apologists who let underage girls stay married with adult men because they were already wed in their home countries (governments), or their "precious" culture. Cultural relativists need to disappear.

Freedom of religion also means that one, you have the freedom not to be influenced by their joke, and two, that they have to follow the same rules as everyone else, without excemptions due to religion (because this is discrimination against the rest, you big jokes).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-08-29 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So to put that in a different light: if there is nation which requires every man to carry a sword, should we allow them to wear weapons in our cities? Enter banks, schools, transportation? The answer is no. Same for disturbing clothes, that hurts the harmony of the society.
    You mean like how the Sikh's always have to carry a blade (kirpan) with them for "religious reasons". Should be banned too in public, "religious reasons" is not a valid reason to get exceptions from law imho.. sadly they sometimes get extra rights because of their religion.

Like the halal killing of animals, moslems and jews have the possibility to ignore the animal protection laws because of their religion, its just disgusting and discriminating.

Not sure how we allow this shiaat when we have a equality article in our basic law. But then again it also says that men and woman shall have equal rights... which is not the case at the moment.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-08-29 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Wow, this thread is full of the same apologists who let underage girls stay married with adult men because they were already wed in their home countries (governments), or their "precious" culture. Cultural relativists need to disappear.
    This is a cultural practice of some arabs, but not a specifically Muslim practice.

The Taleban acquired popular support in Afghanistan largely on the strength of their opposition to the taking of paedophile slaves by the wealthy and powerful, a practice the US effectively brought back when they installed the Karzai regime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    No, I'm arguing for people having the right to dress however they wish when allowable. I'd argue the same for anyone. No one on this forum can accuse me of being pro-Muslim, unless they're a special brand of dumb. I just don't believe in dictating every aspect of citizens' lives.
    Depends if set people want to wear it or are "forced" by their spouses and religion. Let's be honest majority of muslim immigrant women know little to no law of set country and or the language to even complain to the police. I find it funny that feminists and everyone encourages women emancipation and for them to not be an abusing relationship yet totally ignore the wrong and unfair dynamic in a muslim family where the women is servient to the husband!

If you want muslim women to have freedoms you need to try to castrate the religious practices in secular western countries. If they want to behave like they used to in an islamic country they should have never left!

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    This is a cultural practice of some arabs, but not a specifically Muslim practice.

The Taleban acquired popular support in Afghanistan largely on the strength of their opposition to the taking of paedophile slaves by the wealthy and powerful, a practice the US effectively brought back when they installed the Karzai regime.
    It happens in all islamic countries. Not just the arab ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And I thought your /General shitposting was bad..
    But here you are, promoting the violence against women because they wear stuff you don't like.

I reckon you can show us the research which tells us it's a security risk?
    Because if nothing ever happened it's not a real security risk, now is it?

Unless you FEEL it's a security risk.
    In that case I have to quote May90

There is no need to show research for it when 1000+ years of crime supports this fact.
    My feelings I've said multiple times don't matter. It's already been decided by the people it involves.
    It's a no-brainer that obscuring your face is a tactic frequently used by criminals to evade Law-Enforcement.

You'll have to come up with a reason it's not a security risk, given the matter's already been determined to be a security risk by the people affected. Looks like your just being ignorant and posting memes for the sake of posting anything really. Should of stuck with calling me a bigot, homophobic, racist, a shill, or whatever other buzz-phrase millennials are using these days to cover their rabid hate of differing opinions. It might of worked better for you to be perfectly honest.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    US bomb the middle east, killing innocent kids daily, yet here you are posting non-sense about niqabs. Its called freedom of religion and it will stay,whether you like it or not. Please do more re-search before assuming non-sense. I never read a news article where women in a niqab robbed something or done a major disaster. The niqab banning thing is nothing new, but its the politicians trying to gain politic points and gullible sheep will always follow even when they don't understand why. In United Kingdom it is against the Law to have a knife on you, yet the Sikhs get a special treatment since it is their religious duty.
    Religion has no place in a state operated place of business. Schools are operated by governments, therefore religious entitlement should never be tolerated within the grounds of the schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My favorite is when they act like this is a position that feminists should be taking.
    Some feminists do; and it's not uncommon.
    The vision that puts these veils as a tool of the patriarchy, and that we need to liberate these women from that yoke is colonialists as it gets. But such is the discourse that predates feminism: liberate, or else.
    Long are forgotten the methods that feminism employs to subvert culture. If these veils are a tool of oppression, Muslim women should be the ones redefining the cultural underpinning. This, of course, leads to some western feminists to conclude that they should be left alone to their own devices. It's fascinating: because by this rationalization, Muslim women are put into a category different from "us".
    More interestingly, feminists also write lengthy "not in my name" manifestos: if you ban the piece, it won't be with my support. It's cute, because it pretends like their opinion matters, and things can be done in such name. Barring that, it's also a litany of incapacity and incompetence: this issue is complicated and we really don't have an opinion on the veils themselves, so we should frame the question differently in a manner we can easily digest: whatabaout freedums.

The pretense that they should is just a simple observation of how feminism operates. Given the liberal branch is the most prevalent in the Anglosphere, they're seen as regulating, legislating, deciding for you but without you, and banning things. Just goes to show how feminism has worked itself into a perceived methodological monolith.
    It has an image problem; but feminists are rarely concerned with it. In fact, it's a survival tactic: when you're seen as acceptable, your capacity to rock the boat dwindles.
    Purplewashing is a thing, and folks will take positions pretending to be in accord with the ideas. But, you know, they're not real feminists.
    When this effect becomes systemic, and washed feminism is embraced as the normal thing to do, it becomes an ideological weapon. They are too easy to co-opt, to simple to subvert. It's not surprising that this happens: for the common denominator in vocal and visible feminism today is radically insipid and infantile.

This "misunderstanding" is feminism's own undoing, and evidence of its irrelevance and incapacity to direct the dialogue. Some other feminism will take that place sooner or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    This "misunderstanding" is feminism's own undoing, and evidence of its irrelevance and incapacity to direct the dialogue. Some other feminism will take that place sooner or later.
    Not really. They are just like kindergarden kids that only "riot" and behave badly when they have a lenient teacher and then act organized and civil when they are under a strict teacher that takes no bullshit. That's why they never go after islamist countries, because women there are second hand citizens and are never listed too, so a feminist there will never have any support if they aren't murdered anyhow. So they bitch and moan here in the west because here they get some kind of support and due to our democracy they at least get the right to speak their mind.

I don't care whether the school is run by the government or the Pope.
    Both of them have no right to tell me what to wear.
    They actually have the right to tell you what not to wear (in class).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They actually have the right to tell you what not to wear (in class).
    And it's "common sense" and in the agreement either him or his parents choose to sign when enroling there.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    And it's "common sense" and in the agreement either him or his parents choose to sign when enroling there.
    Exactly. I really wonder what he thinks about mandatory school uniforms .

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care whether the school is run by the government or the Pope.
    Both of them have no right to tell me what to wear.

How so?
    When did they use the Burqa to commit a crime in Germany?
    One could even argue that it's extra safe, because people won't stop looking at them.

"rabid hate of differing opinions"
    Meanwhile in favour of banning clothes because..
    Why is it exactly? And don't give me that "safety bullshit", I've read your posts in any of the other Muslim-related threads.
    Many schools have a dress code policy, there are many types of clothes that are or have been banned by schools over the years. Just because you are triggered because a school chooses by their own rights, to have a dress code that forbids full face coverings, does not make them wrong. Schools are allowed by law, to enforce and adjust dress code policies as they see needed.

finally some good news from that part of the world ... they should just be like France and enforce their rules no matter the 'religious' implications

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Telling everyone how to dress.
    Semantics, as men don't wear burkhas, hijabs, niqabs, or burkinis anyways. Women are the only sex affected by this.
    Putin khuliyo