Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubyo View Post
    pic
    Can you please list all potions you have? I did not play much WoD and I cant tell from icons.

I made a cool looking blood elf, but haven't logged in yet. I hope that's enough preparation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the starting zone, got some gear (just a bit, I don't really want to be like 720 cause I enjoy replacing items while leveling ), leveled my professions to 300 for World Quests (except Archeology : I did like 60 skill points until I remembered this profession is stoopid T_T) and made a custom UI with bartender, WA, and a few other addons.

Ready to slowly level to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Can you please list all potions you have? I did not play much WoD and I cant tell from icons.
    -bunch of Health Potions ( way to many )
    -40ish Flasks, for Leveling + first HC's with no Legion Flasks in the Auctionhouse.
    -200ish Agility Potions
    -80ish Buff Food
    -40ish Agility Runes
    -60ish Speed Potions to use while pulling multiple mobs
    -80ish Drums ( small Heroism/Bloodlust ), if u dont have a shaman/mage in your HC group

Also the Guild XP Banner, Rezz Bowl and Quest Items from WoD to turn in at 0am

Thanks a lot Dubyo. Looks like compared to you I´m really not prepared lol.

Should I go with craft + gather or double gather professions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgl View Post
    Did the starting zone, got some gear (just a bit, I don't really want to be like 720 cause I enjoy replacing items while leveling ), leveled my professions to 300 for World Quests (except Archeology : I did like 60 skill points until I remembered this profession is stoopid T_T) and made a custom UI with bartender, WA, and a few other addons.

Ready to slowly level to 110.
    woah you need 300 professions for World Quests? Damn I thought its 100

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be 100 now, Cizr. I'm not raiding in MM anymore so I didn't keep my self really up to date with every change.
    (I don't have access now but I'm sure the answer is somewhere on some wowhead guide or smtg.)

Haven't heard any of you talking about your transmog - isn't that the most important part?
    (jk ~ I know there's a separate thread for that and all, but I can't be the only one who spent time on it.)

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Haven't heard any of you talking about your transmog - isn't that the most important part?
    (jk ~ I know there's a separate thread for that and all, but I can't be the only one who spent time on it.)
    How is it a jk ? It is the most important part indeed !
    Farmed most of my mogs during the months of bordom of WoD, and yeah indeed my preparation included caping the saved sets blizzard allowed us. x'D

I found several mogs I'm satisfied with but my favorite is the one I call "Wicked DH" : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cpv6g-IXgAAq34p.jpg

How is it a jk ? It is the most important part indeed !
    Farmed most of my mogs during the months of bordom of WoD, and yeah indeed my preparation included caping the saved sets blizzard allowed us. x'D

I found several mogs I'm satisfied with but my favorite is the one I call "Wicked DH" : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cpv6g-IXgAAq34p.jpg
    Nice, nice. Looks like you got a bit of void magic going on there to balance out your fel, ala Xhul'horac. I always called him the Mardi Gras boss, since purple and green are big in N'awlins for that holiday.

I guess our Corrupted Ravens are also green and purple. I've been using that as my flying mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's kinda the idea. It's not exactly canon (or even lore-coherent) as we certainly are going to fight the void (cf Illidan's book) but I just thought it looks cool.

Also, more on topic I didn't mention several other things I did : get some consumables (not a lot but just enough to sort of feel better ^^), get Revered with the Anglers to use the toy as Blizzard put stupid requirments on toys (srsly guise....), and get fun / useful items like guild banner, stormwind tabard (for rep), etc...

Yeah that's kinda the idea. It's not exactly canon (or even lore-coherent) as we certainly are going to fight the void (cf Illidan's book) but I just thought it looks cool.

Also, more on topic I didn't mention several other things I did : get some consumables (not a lot but just enough to sort of feel better ^^), get Revered with the Anglers to use the toy as Blizzard put stupid requirments on toys (srsly guise....), and get fun / useful items like guild banner, stormwind tabard (for rep), etc...
    If we are using fel to fight the Legion, why wouldn't we use shadow to fight the void?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubyo View Post

urns got hotfixed, besides that everything i need.
    Unless you got 750 neck/cloak/ring you are lacking a few enchant scrolls. A guide i've read recommends 5 of each scroll.

Deleted
    721 ilvl
    60 agi flasks
    60 agi pots
    40 speed pots
    40 free action pots
    100 health pots
    a few stacks of food
    heirloom
    brazier
    all profs to 700

705-708 item level on 7 toons, including DH. i prepared for demons by purging azeroth of their filth for the past 3 weeks!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Got myself up to 721 item level to make the initial stages a little easier (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oglaive/simple) and then stockpiled consumables. Have the Gorgrond quest items similar to the poster above, about 300 agility potions, around 400 health pots so I can chain pull without really having to stop. Before level 104 (extensive beta testing) it can be really irritating having to stop and heal a lot with either bandages or food because you don't have Soul Rending and can't just pop into Meta to get your health back quickly. Have 40-50 flasks, and some versatility pots as well in case of sticky situations because they give damage/healing increases AND tankiness. Also, have the DPS and tank heirloom trinkets since vers is a great stat and the shield from the tank trinket may help on tougher fights with rares/elites. Ready to use both asf necessary once it outscales my Coil for DPS or I need the shields.

Also have the typical augment rune stacks, and a bunch of the consumables from Hillsbrad invasions. They're all unique, but since they're green the postmaster mails them to you if you try and loot one you already have....so I have a mailbox full of the important ones that I wanted more than one of. I have about 30 of the 10% damage reduction and 2% HP/5 items stacked in the mailbox just in case since they only last 10 minutes, and a ton of the bandages that heal you for 88% of your max HP over 8 seconds for increased healing as well; drop a Chaos Nova for a stun and then bandage 55%, maybe 66% if I get lucky on their attack timer, of my health back while they're stunned for extra survivability. I also have about 10 of the feathers that give you 100% move speed for 30 seconds for areas where I want to move quickly without mounting, and on top of it all....

A buttload of energy drinks.

http://i.imgur.com/rtNUchl.jpg
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2016-08-29 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added a picture link!

Got myself to 724 ilvl (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abstrax/simple)

Got 60 Feasts (+100 in main stat) for when in party/dungeons
    Got around 100 food buffs for myself (+125 in main stat)
    Got around 100 flasks left
    Got 50 runes

400k gold

I have Engineering and JC a bit up there (But thinking about switching them out for something else.. Any suggestions?)

Brazier, SW cloak, XP banner (in case it works), Dalaran teleport toy/ring, repair mounts, teleports to all around the world (engineering toys)

I'd say im feeling quite ready
    Last edited by Dobz; 2016-08-29 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dobz View Post
    Got myself to 724 ilvl (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abstrax/simple)

Got 60 Feasts (+100 in main stat) for when in party/dungeons
    Got around 100 food buffs for myself (+125 in main stat)
    Got around 100 flasks left
    Got 50 runes

400k gold

I have Engineering and JC a bit up there (But thinking about switching them out for something else.. Any suggestions?)

Brazier, SW cloak, XP banner (in case it works), Dalaran teleport toy/ring, repair mounts, teleports to all around the world (engineering toys)

I'd say im feeling quite ready
    Going to be tough going without mining since the free resource pools of garrisons are gone now. I'd advise dropping one of the two; jewelcrafting is almost surefire money early in expansions when everyone is trying to get an edge for raids opening with their lucky socketed gear, but engineering has better personal perks. Tough call.

Leveled to 100 when prepatch hit live. 4 hours before Legion release got Ashes of Alar from Kael in TK (farmed few weeks on around 12 characters every week).

Now Im fully prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    What have you done to prepare your Illidari for 08.30.16? How ready are you?

I never raided much on mine, but did tank some mythic dungeons to get comfortable with Vengeance (the spec I plan to play most). Logged some alts to craft three items to augment his invasion armor, since mats are super cheap now. Practiced tanking the final bosses during invasions since they were only real challenge. Not complicated mechanics, but rarely anyone healing and they hit hard enough to make me work through my defensives and self-heals.

Someone apparently inspected me and remarked "All 720 warforged? How many invasions have you done?"

I replied "Too many. But I'm Illidari and that's what we do."

New hunting grounds in just a few hours!

Felfaadaern Darkterror
    How the holy F did you get all 720 warforged??!?
    I just opened 50+chests from leveling a new shadow priest and EVERY SINGLE PIECE was 700.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    How the holy F did you get all 720 warforged??!?
    I just opened 50+chests from leveling a new shadow priest and EVERY SINGLE PIECE was 700.
    TBH, I feel like the drop rate was higher on WF that first week. Either that, or it was higher for DHs. People have argued with me about this, but I was getting 25% warforged on my DH that first week, with maybe 1/3 of those being 720s. Tried doing them on my pally the second week and got maybe 5% WF and no 720s.