Leveling spec vs main spec/artifact

Have some trouble grasping how this is going to work in practice.
    My main is Druid and I will play Resto end-game, so that's the artifact I would need to pick.

But I'd assume leveling as Resto would pose a lot of challenges and at the least would be sub optimal so I'd be Balance when questing. Assuming no weapons drop that'd be getting harder and harder as levels progress as well. moreover, are there rewards in game when question tied to the artifact of the spec you're playing?

Deleted
    You won't need to put a single point in your artifact for leveling purposes. It's leveling. You can basically do it in green gear with a green weapon.

Relics for one. The other day in the news post there was a comparison on actual artifact "leveling" comparing the speed of leveling only one artifact to main/offspec one. Check it out - was an interesting read.

However, I'd strongly recommend swapping to Resto for the relic rewards. These are the "new weapons" this expansion.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Deleted
    Pick the balance weapon as your first artifact.

Get your resto artifact at lvl 102. Put your loot spec to resto and don't spend a single artifact point in your balance weapon while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    Pick the balance weapon as your first artifact.

Get your resto artifact at lvl 102. Put your loot spec to resto and don't spend a single artifact point in your balance weapon while leveling.
    This makes a lot of sense, thanks :-)

Deleted
    From what I a hear from people who been on beta, Balance affinity makes Resto Druid significantly quicker to level than other healers. Not going t be as quick as balance obviously, but if you dont want to horde AP items or do a 2nd artifact quest at 102 (why?) it is an option.

Also with 5 in-faction taps per mob, and with you leveling while the entire playerbase is leveling, you could run around healing people and level just fine while they do the efficient killing -- all while practicing your endgame spec. You get exp, loot, quest progress.

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.