Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Aw come on.
    We all know you like it when it hurts, no need to pretend here.
    I took a break to get another weapon from Deep Dungeon and unlocked Warrior and Dragoon

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Another 4 hours fate farming and i got up to 15 Mangimutt medals. 15 more to finish this foul grind!
    the only good thing of this grind for me is that I am actually leveling other classes :P
    Since a very long time I swapped to an Archer,MRD and arcanist for a bit :P hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.
    my current Medal Progress :P
    Last edited by Malackai; 2016-08-29 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    the only good thing of this grind for me is that I am actually leveling other classes :P
    That's true - got my Monk and Dark Knight to level 51, and Black Mage almost 40, while grinding for medals.

Was pretty much avoiding their leveling otherwise.

Deleted
    So lets start some 3.4 discussion!

Did anyone watch the live letter? Excluding the 20 minute clown fiesta of hotbar tutorials what are you guys most excited about or looking forward to?
    I ll start off with a few things I found awesome/strange etc:

1.) Xephatol, according to a friend of mine who has the full eorzean map is the area that connects Gridania (?) to Ala Mhigo. Since that is the dungeon that is probably going to be unlocked through the main story I guess the next expansion really is heading for ala mhigo. It might not but it is certainly something to be interested in.

2.) Sophia the Godess being the 2nd fight in the warring triad series is kinda weird. I thought she was the most powerful of the 3 and the way the statues are presented you d think we d fight her last. Of course, they might have a different approach with these primals in FFXIV compared to VI but I still found that kinda weird.

3.) Finally more story on the warriors of darkness. Yoshi-p even mentioned we d be seeing more of that planet they were on when they were talking with the ascians.

4.) The platoon feature looks solid. It's not the center of your gameplay experience like garrisons were in wod and you can use the followers to go to dungeons with etc etc. I imagine it ll be much slower if you go with them instead of players but maybe they ll find a good use for soloing content.

5.) The new tomestone gear being sharlayan themed was weird. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is. Then again there does not have to be a reasoning. I dont think there was a reasoning behind lore being primal themed so.. yeah :P

Share your thoughts on 3.4 as well. I d like to know what you all think

10+ Year Old Account
    We going to the moon FF4 style?

the last weapon...god save my sanity...damn afkers that only put one dot and stop dpsing (always SCH...) forcing me to dps an increased stat boss solo....
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I was surprised that we got Great Gubal Library Hard mode tbh >_>
    I was expecting snow cloak or Keeper of the lake hard mode since the last hard mode was hullbreaker.

I am really curios what they are going to do with sophia

and I am hoping if the boss in alex has a quarantine mechanic its not only dps/tanks that get in but healers as well I am wondering if it will be a similair style as ozma that part of the fight was awesome :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    the last weapon...god save my sanity...damn afkers that only put one dot and stop dpsing (always SCH...) forcing me to dps an increased stat boss solo....
    If they do that isn't is so that they wont get contribution thought you only get medals if you have at least silver.
    I vaguely remember not receiving a normal medal when I had bronze (arrived to late at a fate)
    but nerveless its really annoying idd >_>
    Last edited by Malackai; 2016-08-29 at 09:03 AM.

they'd rebuff the boss ocasionaly but rest of time they'd just stand there looking at it. you'de be surprised how little it takes to get silver or even gold in fates. i once got to a boss where it was at 80% and i cast like 4 fires and i still got gold
    Last edited by Mordin Solus; 2016-08-29 at 09:20 AM.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    5.) The new tomestone gear being sharlayan themed was weird. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is. Then again there does not have to be a reasoning. I dont think there was a reasoning behind lore being primal themed so.. yeah :P
    I'm just waiting here to see what next Bard tomestone gear is going to look like - Lore was quite ugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm just waiting here to see what next Bard tomestone gear is going to look like - Lore was quite ugly.
    They showed healer tank and ninja new tomestone gear. Tank one looked incredible minus the turtle neck. Healer one.... eh. I liked the chest the rest seemed off. The ninja one looked very simple but it was kinda nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    They showed healer tank and ninja new tomestone gear. Tank one looked incredible minus the turtle neck. Healer one.... eh. I liked the chest the rest seemed off. The ninja one looked very simple but it was kinda nice.
    Yeah - saw bunch of pics earlier. Don't like NIN, but healer and tank gear looks nice.. tho, I'd remove that "turtleneck".

Deleted
    Yeah - saw bunch of pics earlier. Don't like NIN, but healer and tank gear looks nice.. tho, I'd remove that "turtleneck".
    The healing hat is disgusting the rest I like

10+ Year Old Account
    The healing hat is disgusting the rest I like
    Mmyeah, then again I rarely use any hats. In my current set of glamours, only NIN is using one.

Here's the glamour I'm planning to use once I obtain chest-piece.

*Click to enlarge image.

Deleted
    Mmyeah, then again I rarely use any hats. In my current set of glamours, only NIN is using one.

Here's the glamour I'm planning to use once I obtain chest-piece.

*Click to enlarge image.
    that looks neat! I ll upload my current glam on DRK once I get home I think I finally hit a sweetspot :P

I am really looking forward to cooldown resets when you wipe. Nothing like waiting for people's longer cooldowns like Raging Strikes, Perfect Balance, Battle Litany etc... every single wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I am really looking forward to cooldown resets when you wipe. Nothing like waiting for people's longer cooldowns like Raging Strikes, Perfect Balance, Battle Litany etc... every single wipe.
    yeah.... if we wipe early on a8s we have to wait for holmgang and living dead.. fun times

Mmyeah, then again I rarely use any hats.
    When in doubtthe answer is always glasses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only class I use glass glamour on is smn (and blm since they share gear but i dont play blm :P)

also sounds like time to change my avatar
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-08-29 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Air glasses?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, never paid attention on how often they were adjusting their classes.

But darn today felt like eternity, decided to take an break from FFXIV until Patch 3.4. Pretty much only ran around a bit on my alt, inspecting other players in Ul'dah and trying their gear on me to see if I should fantasia or not, haha. Both Wednesday and Sunday raids got cancel'd since some people went to Imsomnia, so been even more quiet than usual.