Page 24 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Big nerf to fel rush legendary, still places as highly for aoe fights?

Might be a dumb question but here you go anyway...

Throw glaive only to be used when low fury or after a fel rush or vengeful retreat or is that wrong? You want to have that stacked on the target as much as possible or not is what im mainly curious about.?

Also the same question goes when weve specced into Bloodlet is it wanted to have as high as possible uptime on that dot on the target or isnt that the best way to do it ?

Anyone with good knowledge please help a fellow out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Yes, the new path is legit and I was going to add it today since it requires a bit of explanation for why it's better.

In short, this path will get you to the same place by the end of mythic Emerald Nightmare while being better for dungeons. Slightly more in-depth will come later when I'm more awake.
    So we're back to not using Eye Beam on ST until we get to Anguish again? DAMN! Also does anyone think there will be a last minor patch like some tuning on every class before Legions comes out which is in like 24h for EU :P
    Last edited by mmoc3f44588661; 2016-08-28 at 10:32 PM.

This helps with leveling as well for Havoc and want to push the DPS out including rage/demon speed <3

Quote Originally Posted by kamelpewpew View Post
    Might be a dumb question but here you go anyway...

Throw glaive only to be used when low fury or after a fel rush or vengeful retreat or is that wrong? You want to have that stacked on the target as much as possible or not is what im mainly curious about.?

Also the same question goes when weve specced into Bloodlet is it wanted to have as high as possible uptime on that dot on the target or isnt that the best way to do it ?

Anyone with good knowledge please help a fellow out
    Uptime doesn't matter. Just don't let your CD sit off cooldown and always use it with a momentum buff - those are the two big rules. Ideally, it'd be used when you're at low fury as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    So we're back to not using Eye Beam on ST until we get to Anguish again? DAMN! Also does anyone think there will be a last minor patch like some tuning on every class before Legions comes out which is in like 24h for EU :P
    Well, we've been like that, more or less, since the nerf. I doubt there's going to be a minor patch; we'll likely have a general tuning patch within EN though.

This is correct, it is only nerfed for dblades, which is why it's not really showing up
    So it wasn't enough nerfing demon blades below prepared, they had to nerf the ring aswell? Fuck blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow99 View Post
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-d...talents-relics this was pinned in discord <3 now you know why
    I pinned it dude :P

I've updated w/ those trinkets + added a link on the main page.

Hey i just read icyveins guide for havoc , the artifact path is a bit different, after anguish it takes the increase dmg of db/demon bite and the trait with increas fury, so which one to follow? If im not clear just check icy-veins trait path

Quote Originally Posted by chiubogame View Post
    Hey i just read icyveins guide for havoc , the artifact path is a bit different, after anguish it takes the increase dmg of db/demon bite and the trait with increas fury, so which one to follow? If im not clear just check icy-veins trait path
    Doesn't much matter; ID is a poor gold for a variety of reasons, so it comes down to if you value it or fury more. I prefer fury, personally.

Do you guys think Momentum get nerf in a point before raids hit? Because momentum is the only reason i want to play Demon Hunter, without that talent its just so freaking face roll, but with momentum and blodleet and maybe with demonic it becomes a complex dps spec.

I mean, as i remember on a blue post they said they want Demon Hunter to be a basic spec and momentum clearly does not allow dh to be a simple spec.

Doesn't much matter; ID is a poor gold for a variety of reasons, so it comes down to if you value it or fury more. I prefer fury, personally.
    So basicly it doesnt affect dps?
    Both are equal no matter what path i chose in term of dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post

There's blue posts saying passive talents are meant to be less rewarding than active talents.
    DH only?

If not, how do they explain Blood DK's talents?

Thanks for all the info!!

Should I aim to build fury before applying Momentum window? As in, build to 100/130 -> spend during momentum -> build to 100/130 again -> spend during momentum -> repeat.
    If so, when do I find the time to use Throw Glaive etc?

Or should I aim to keep momentum window applied as much as possible (unless saving for priority adds / mechanics)? Apply momentum -> Spend whatever fury I have -> Refresh momentum -> Use throw glaive, FoTI and other no cost abilities?
    Last edited by Divinism; 2016-08-29 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    Should I aim to build fury before applying Momentum window? As in, build to 100/130 -> spend during momentum -> build to 100/130 again -> spend during momentum -> repeat.
    If so, when do I find the time to use Throw Glaive etc?

Or should I aim to keep momentum window applied as much as possible (unless saving for priority adds / mechanics)? Apply momentum -> Spend whatever fury I have -> Refresh momentum -> Use throw glaive, FoTI and other no cost abilities?
    Think of it like an Assassination Rogue thinks of Envenom, or an Arms Warrior thinks of Colossus Smash. You want to pool resources before the buff is active so you can spend as many GCDs as you can on higher damage per use abilities. It's pretty much wasted if you open the window but don't have anything to capitalize on it with.

That being said, if you're about to hit 2 stacks of Fel Rush, it's better to just use the Fel Rush, since that'll prevent you from missing possible FR casts during the length of an encounter.

I wonder if Throw Glaive and Bloodlet were intended from the beginning to be the ST #1 choice. Feels like that should be the go-to AOE path while Felblade is taken for ST each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    I wonder if Throw Glaive and Bloodlet were intended from the beginning to be the ST #1 choice. Feels like that should be the go-to AOE path while Felblade is taken for ST each time.
    I have a feeling it is going to end up that way in the inevitable tuning before raid opens.

Honestly I'm starting to slowly agree with people that the VR/FR build might be too annoying to deal with long-term. They should look to other interesting playstyles in the long run.

Deleted
    If you wanted to absolutely be sure that you wont miss melee attack, ideally you always wanna VR through the boss, not sideways. Sideways VR could require you turn again at the end of VR on top of having to 180 before doing the VR. If you have to turn to be able to hit boss at the end of VR, you actually are guaranteed to miss 1 melee attack, since melee attack comes instantly after VR if you are facing boss already.

When VR'ing through the boss, you are already facing the boss at the end of VR, no need to turn at all.

So the guide is wrong about VR path. The optimal VR path is through the boss, and the sideways is the secondary option, if we are only discussing melee uptime.

In the gif animation of OP, the demon hunter player also uses unneccesarily huge amount of time for that movement.
    Last edited by mmoce42ab218f1; 2016-08-31 at 01:17 PM.

I can't figure out how to download a version of sim craft that includes demon hunters.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html

Downloaded the top one, it's still WoD.