Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The one thing that kinda annoyed me in HR was how everything was too clean and too futuristic. This one is closer in line with the original game, a world falling apart.
    That's all deliberate design choice. The original Deus Ex took place in (I believe) 2052, HR takes place 25 years earlier in 2027, and MD in 2029. The idea was to show how society tipped over into that dystopia in Deus Ex, and the only real way to do that is by starting with an apparent utopia, in HR, and having it culminate in the first major "crash" point. They needed to establish what the clean and idealized future was so that we could see how far things had fallen. I actually quite like that they took basically the entire plot of HR to establish that, rather than just hand-waving it away in the opening sequence.

I honestly cannot believe the amount of crying going on about micro transactions. The way people bitch about it would make you think every 10 seconds the game beats you over the head with a bat labelled MicroTransactions unless you pay Square 0.99c for a Praxis kit.

I didn't even know the game had micro transactions for the first 20 hours I played. I didn't actually notice the "shop" listed in the main menu. I thought everyone was crying about the $4.99 weapon bundle DLC's.

You can without a doubt 100% ignore the micro transactions. After beating the game it's very clear that they did not mess with the game in any way shape or form to goad or persuade you into buying credits or Praxis kits.

My only problem with the game is Give me Deus Ex is too easy and I think I Didn't Ask for This is going to be too hard as the next tier up. Needed a difficulty in between.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Enjoyed what I played of it last night. Playing it on console felt weird and my aiming was not great, but i was happy with the level design of the first area and the first city area is pretty damn big. There are a lot of nice little touches and I feel like a lot of the area is filled with fun things to look at, such as some movie posters in the subway for some rad looking films. Before I quit for the night I did check out the "Store" and was a little disgusted to see Praxis Kits on sale for Cash...maybe a little extra displeased because I hadn't found a vendor to sell them in game yet.
    The guy literally 2 floors down from your apartment sells them. They cost 10k credits and aren't worth buying because Praxis start rolling faster than Mama June at an all you can eat buffet if you actually do side missions along with the main mission.

Edit: Some people are actually complaining we don't fight the Illuminati in this one? That's like complaining the new Star Trek movies don't fight the Borg.
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2016-08-29 at 11:46 AM.

Will definitely be picking up this game at some point, but Legion is going to eat up most of my playtime for the time being. I liked HR as it is and it seems they've improved on some mechanics to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    The guy literally 2 floors down from your apartment sells them. They cost 10k credits and aren't worth buying because Praxis start rolling faster than Mama June at an all you can eat buffet if you actually do side missions along with the main mission.
    Does he sell them in limited supply like the vendors in Human Revolution?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Does he sell them in limited supply like the vendors in Human Revolution?
    Yes, but I'm not entirely sure that he doesn't restock occasionally, likely between the major missions which take you out of Prague for a time. My first run-through, I was sure I bought out the first two, but then I went back later on and he had another. I may be mistaken, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, but I'm not entirely sure that he doesn't restock occasionally, likely between the major missions which take you out of Prague for a time. My first run-through, I was sure I bought out the first two, but then I went back later on and he had another. I may be mistaken, though.
    You can purchase 4 over the course of the game from him, 2 first time, and he restocks a single kit twice throughout the game. I didn't find anywhere else to pick up any kits, and ended up with way more money than I knew what to do with.

Finished the game yesterday and I was very pleased overall, but I wanted more. Not to say the game is short by any means, but I felt the main story was left unfinished. It was less of a cliffhanger and more of a situation where you are reading a book and realize there are only 10 pages left and no way they can wrap things up. This might be due to the ending I got (the "bad" one), so when I replay it I'll see if I missed some key elements that cleans enough up for me.

I'd still give it a 9/10 though. Easily one of my favorites so far this year.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

HR we took down the 'bad people'. While of course there were many Illuminati we didn't touch, we got the mercs who were a major force and we got Zhao, we got Hugh Darrow.

That is missing in MD. You get a mid level merc (certainly not on the level of Namir) and... thats it. Yes we failed this one instance of their plan but we did exactly 0 damage to the organization and that leaves a hole that HR did not have.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    HR we took down the 'bad people'. While of course there were many Illuminati we didn't touch, we got the mercs who were a major force and we got Zhao, we got Hugh Darrow.

That is missing in MD. You get a mid level merc (certainly not on the level of Namir) and... thats it. Yes we failed this one instance of their plan but we did exactly 0 damage to the organization and that leaves a hole that HR did not have.
    Yeah, I'm going to completely disagree with this.

Marchenko isn't a minion. He's the leader of the entire terrorist faction that was working to discredit ARC from within, while simultaneously building the bio-weapon he planned to use. He's not the "muscle".

While he's just one angle of attack the Illuminati seem to be implementing, you've taken out his entire operation at the end of MD, including the man himself. He isn't a "mid-level merc".

And as near as I can tell, the reason they're doing it this way is that they want to get multiple games out of the story, likely a trilogy at least. They probably didn't set that up during HR, because they were resurrecting an old franchise and there was no guarantee it would be a commercial success; better to tie off a one-and-done story.

Namir? Namir ran a single black-ops team of augmented. Marchenko has an entire black ops [i]army[/i], with their own secure fortifications and research bases. It's not comparable, because Marchenko's the [i]much[/i] bigger player.

Deleted
    The only problem i have, is with that side quest you get by following the Sarif stuff, with where your new Augs come from and what happend to you after HR. This shouldnt have been a side quest to begin with, it feels much more interesting and kind of even more important to you personally, i mean, you have lost a few months up to a year of your memories, during which someone messed around with your body, as Jenson i REALLY would want to get to the bottom of this, fuck some random terrorists. But as it stands, unless i missed something, the trail kinda vanishes. We only get some vague hints during the credits scene, that the Illuminati are responsible. (as if we wouldnt be able to guess that...

Aside from that, i agree with people saying that the game felt short. I did a complete ghost playthrough, as in no killing and never getting seen, so i had to take more time to properly sneak around everything and i finished after roughly 23 hours (i say roughly, because my internet gave out one time, causing steam to not track played time properly)

Still a very fun game and everyone who enjoyed the previous one, will definitly enjoy this one to the same extend. It feels exactly like HR, only with 4 or 5 additional Augs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree Comburo. I would have liked them to explore that aspect much more than the Terrorist one.

The new Augs are kinda weird. I really liked the idea of the Icarus Dash and the Hand Tesla Shocks, but never really felt like I needed to use them (the tesla one because I found very few targets bunched together...maybe a handful throughout the game and the rest moved apart after their dialogue with each other). What did you guys see that you liked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I agree Comburo. I would have liked them to explore that aspect much more than the Terrorist one.

The new Augs are kinda weird. I really liked the idea of the Icarus Dash and the Hand Tesla Shocks, but never really felt like I needed to use them (the tesla one because I found very few targets bunched together...maybe a handful throughout the game and the rest moved apart after their dialogue with each other). What did you guys see that you liked?
    I invested in the tesla aug early, and never used it, until the VERY last mission, where I turned a corner towards the elevator and bam, there were three dudes and a turret that all went "HEY, INTRUDER" at the same time. Rather than reload, I managed to fire up the tesla, slap it on 'em all, and fire, knocking everything out before an alarm was triggered and preserving my Ghost.

Wasn't planned, but man, was it effective as a panic button.

Easily the most useful of the "new" augs is Remote Hacking. REALLY should've gotten that first. Can disable cameras/turrets/drones/laser grids remotely, which makes for a much easier time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh crap, I forgot about Remote Hacking. Yes that one got A LOT of mileage.

Also, I know the enemies you are referring to. I just hit the Invisibility and walked through them. I did turn around and try the Tesla out though, because I never had a good chance to get that many...I think an Achievement popped for that too.

I got the "bad ending"...I just wasn't expecting it to end so soon lol

All done, didn't do the bank job, so Miller died in London. But I did manage to save both the delegates and prevent Marchenko from blowing up the apartment towers, so I was quite pleased with myself there. Though any kind of stealth went out the window and the meeting room hallways were a fuckin bloodbath of dozens of goldmasks getting popped in the head with a pistol to try and get to Brown as fast as possible to have enough time to do the turn around to fight Marchenko. Knowing that it's doable I'm not going to bother saving Allison if and when I play it again, gonna get the Orchid antidote from Palisade and save Miller.

Kind of a bittersweet ending tbh, I was hoping for a bit more, but after the whole Sarif side story I came to realize that DXMD is more of a bridge episode for whatever is coming next. Presumably uncovering Jensen's mystery augs, their connection if any to the Illuminati and their plans to capture/kill Janus.

Better than DXHR? Not really. Still a great game overall and it does improve on DXHR in a lot of ways. Obviously the graphics, game looks slick as fuck, no doubt about that. Even better when it becomes night time. Daytime Prague was giving me some serious Half Life 2 vibes lol. The shooter gameplay was better by a ridiculous degree imo, as was the cover system once you get used to it. HR just had something more, deeper story maybe, it just felt better. So I guess really there's no objective backing to say HR was better than MD, it just seemed that way. Partly cuz of the music too, Michael McCann still did a great job in MD, but HR's soundtrack was just so much more.

Also am I crazy but is it normal that I absolutely fuckin hate Eliza Cassan now?! In HR she came off as being more likable, even helpful in some ways. But now she's back to just being the news lady, and everything coming out of her mouth is complete and utter bullshit lol.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-08-31 at 10:20 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Also am I crazy but is it normal that I absolutely fuckin hate Eliza Cassan now?! In HR she came off as being more likable, even helpful in some ways. But now she's back to just being the news lady, and everything coming out of her mouth is complete and utter bullshit lol.
    That's a major side quest. If you do the Glitch sidequest to completion, there's basically two Elizas. There's the "real" Eliza, the AI that helped you back in HR, who they tried to rewrite as a result of that. The edited version is essentially non-conscious, and is the one running the news desk in MD, a total puppet of her corporate masters. The "real" Eliza is scattered around the Internet or whatever, and you help her piece herself together in that sidequest (it's not clear it's HER until the end).

So the non-spoiler version is that no, you're not wrong, technically.

That's a major side quest. If you do the Glitch sidequest to completion, there's basically two Elizas. There's the "real" Eliza, the AI that helped you back in HR, who they tried to rewrite as a result of that. The edited version is essentially non-conscious, and is the one running the news desk in MD, a total puppet of her corporate masters. The "real" Eliza is scattered around the Internet or whatever, and you help her piece herself together in that sidequest (it's not clear it's HER until the end).

So the non-spoiler version is that no, you're not wrong, technically.
    Must be the one side mission I didn't do cuz I didn't know to look for it. "SM6: 01011000" or whatever. Will do that on the next play through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh dear…

You cannot believe that people “cry and bitch” about micro transactions, but apparently crying and bitching about people who cry and bitch about micro transactions is fine o.O;

Yeah, you can ignore everything wrong in a video game and just suck it up, as they say, ignorance is a bliss after all, just don’t expect everyone to follow you up on that and thank god for that, otherwise this shitty kind of practice would become common in video gaming.

I can understand micro transaction in online games, especially in free to play kind of game, where the server upkeep is a pretty expensive thing and most of the times is shit that just can be “ignored” such as skins and time saving items such as experience boosts and crap… but paying for money, levels and weapons in a single player game it’s just plain silly, like a really lazy and expensive way to cheat in it when instead you could just use a trainer or cheat engine… its just there to dumb down the game in exchange of a little extra profit if you ask me.
    It's not as if the content is gated in such a way that forces you to buy praxis or credits. It's not exactly the smartest thing that they did, but it's hardly the end of the world either. I mean fuck, I finished it on "Give Me Deus Ex" with 30k credits left over and while I didn't have every aug, I had more than enough to do the job the way I wanted to do it, had 4 praxis left over at the end.

tbh I don't know of any reason other than laziness why anyone would need or want to buy praxis kits and shit from the store. But it's there for those who want it, soooo whatever.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2016-09-01 at 08:59 PM.

I saw an advertisement for this game while watching Youtube, the moment this shot (below) appeared, I got super excited thinking this was a trailer for a Fate/Zero game.

The black hair, the epic coat, the arm reaching down in a position as if it was holding the Contender, the embers (in the anime, there is a shot JUST LIKE THE SCREENSHOT FROM THE DEUS EX TRAILER in the final episode, which I swore the trailer was emulating). Also seen on the novel cover.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-09-05 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I just think this game has the atmosphere just right in Prague, on the first visit you are excited about all the advertisements and hidden easter eggs in the area, but wait there is more. I'm so immersed now when I returned there after a mission. I kind of expected it would be night-time, but this atmosphere! I'm all the time on my toes and excited about what's going to happen next.. anyway. I had a question about the main missions, more in spoilers.

At a certain point, after returning to Prague, I had to choose between two main missions, the Bank Heist mission and possibly the Church of the Machine God mission. I ended up doing the Bank Heist only as the other mission failed while I was deeper in the Bank area. I wonder if it was timed or just triggered to fail there and could it have been possible to complete both missions, if I did the Church of the Machine God first (it was numbered before Bank Heist, anyway). If not, at least there will be something left for a second playthrough.
    It's one or the other just. Whichever one you don't pick will fail shortly after starting the mission you choose.

end game repercussions:
    Without the antidote from the Versalife vault, Miller dies. The Machine God lady is pretty inconsequential other than a blurb about her being arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    end game repercussions:
    Without the antidote from the Versalife vault, Miller dies.
    This isn't actually true. I went with after the bomber, not the bank heist, in my first playthrough. In the endgame;

I rushed for the representatives, and got there just as the poisoned champagne was being served; didn't need an antidote because I stopped anyone from drinking it. Then rushed for Marchenko and managed to make it without him blowing the building. There's a hard time limit on these missions; if you don't reach the representatives in time, they drink (and then you need the antidote from the bank), if you don't reach Marchenko in time, he blows the building. You CAN do both, since they're on the same timer.

This isn't actually true. I went with after the bomber, not the bank heist, in my first playthrough. In the endgame;

I rushed for the representatives, and got there just as the poisoned champagne was being served; didn't need an antidote because I stopped anyone from drinking it. Then rushed for Marchenko and managed to make it without him blowing the building. There's a hard time limit on these missions; if you don't reach the representatives in time, they drink (and then you need the antidote from the bank), if you don't reach Marchenko in time, he blows the building. You CAN do both, since they're on the same timer.
    That's not the what I'm talking about I did that exact same thing at the end too.

Talking about Jim Miller, the commander of TF29. If you do the bank heist you have an Orchid antidote to give to him so he doesn't die in the apex center. This is before the Brown/Marchenko mission selection.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm incredibly cruddy fps after buying this...

16fps on max
    25 fps on low

1080gtx 6600k 1440p, latest drivers/updates.

Fine on every other games