Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Best case scenario - announcement of a new game set in the Diablo franchise, and a commitment to expansions/patches until it releases.

Worst case scenario - new title, and rehashed seasons in D3 for 3-4 years.

It depends on what they see as the future of the franchise. Blizzard North reputedly only wrote enough story for D3, and nothing past that - and that material was vaue, at best. I've read that they've gone back and forth on what Diabo IS, and wether to have PvP or not, or whta kind of story, linear or non-linear, one version was scrapped by Vivendi, which led to Blizzard North being shut down, and Irvine taking over. They inititally announced that D3 would get several expansions, but backed off that. There's rumors a second expansion was planned, but scrapped. (For those of you bathering that "Blizzard only does on expansion" - D2 was supposed to get a second expansion, but it was scrapped in favor of the doomed D3 version Bliz North worked on.) Jay Wilson said that elements would be added to D3 to eventually go into an MMO, but that was scrapped.

The whole history of the game is disjointed and screams that nobody really knows what the game IS, and what it's going to be in the future. Nobody seems to take ownership of it, and it's identity, it's simply remolded to whoever is working on it at any given time.

So, yeah. This new game they're hiring for means they may have figured it out. What it is? Who knows. I'd love to see a Witcher/GTA/Fallout type game set in the Diablo universe. But it's unlikely. Blizzard is all about Battle.net and eSports, so it could be a dungeon arena type game, for the PvP types.

Two months, we'll know. I just hope part of it is scheduled for 2017, and not 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    If Diablo 4 happends, for sure it won't have "you are a nephelem whos power is beyond angels and demons" heroes. Instead, it should go back to Diablo I and Diablo II style about "you are a normal person". Also no paragons, we should go back to boss farming like in Diablo II and also we should return to Diablo II normal fighting style without float combat text and +200mln hits 10 times a second and that stupid flashing of mobs....
    So go play D2.

The series shouldn't devolve because you and a minority hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    If Diablo 4 happends, for sure it won't have "you are a nephelem whos power is beyond angels and demons" heroes. Instead, it should go back to Diablo I and Diablo II style about "you are a normal person". Also no paragons, we should go back to boss farming like in Diablo II and also we should return to Diablo II normal fighting style without float combat text and +200mln hits 10 times a second and that stupid flashing of mobs....
    Baal runs were stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    At this point the only single expac or game they haven't released is D3_X2 from their original 2010 product slate.
    That slate was a pure speculation, or maybe even an outright fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That slate was a pure speculation, or maybe even an outright fake.
    Well since it was made in 2010 they were pretty right about everything. Within 0-2 quarters of every game release. You can't really call it fake when D3 first Expac launch in the exact quarter slated. All wow expacs within 0-1 and Titan(now overwatch) in 2. Hearthstone within 1. etc etc. Sure Movie was pretty far off but that shit happens.

New diablo game played and looks like wither 3.. / dreams.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    A diablo 2 remake is way more likely than another D3 expansion, or a D4.
    Does anyone really believe that? I am shocked. So many people repeat that. But it does't make sense. Remaster? Like working on modern systems and maybe looking a bit better? Maybe..but remake is completely out of the window TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So go play D2.

*Because you, the vast majority of Asia (almost 100% return/refund rate in Korea) and a large swath of North America shouldn't dictate how a game evolves because I happen to like mind numbing garbage.

Fixed that for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    *Because you, the vast majority of Asia (almost 100% return/refund rate in Korea) and a large swath of North America shouldn't dictate how a game evolves because I happen to like mind numbing garbage.

Fixed that for ya
    Your statistical data is amazing to prove that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Diablo 3 is supposed to wrap up the chain of events which started in Diablo 1 and that RoS ended with a massive cliffhanger/foreshadow, I highly doubt we're not getting another D3 expansion before they make a new game.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Your statistical data is amazing to prove that.
    Ah yes, the oafs logic. Simply because YOU do not understand how to read graphs (Xfire) or read the news (Blizz forced to offer ALL of South Korea refunds on D3) does not mean the original point is incorrect, It simply means you are too lazy to actually look into the shit you flap your mouth about.

Deleted
    So go play D2.

It already devolved with Diablo 3.

I was just talking to my buddy about this last night, hoping it's true. I've played so much D3, but without a new expansion, it's pretty mundane now.