Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Garrosh's arc was meant to demonstrate that event the most docile creature can become a genocidal tyrant given enough motivation.

Sylvanas' arc can be interpreted as "Even the most genocidal tyrant can know restraint."

Garrosh came from literally no where lore wise. Sylvanas was, even from warcraft 3, well loved and well characterized.

Garrosh's motivation is "Make Orcs Great Again" (I am not even kidding even if Trump was not a thing i would of typed that exact phrasing)
    Sylvanas' motivation is Revenge.

But the real reason why: Everybody hates the new kid on the block.
    Everybody hates people promoted via blatant nepotism
    Everybody hates people promoted via blatant nepotism who are not good at their jobs.
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... <insert trait of garrosh>
    Garrosh wanted to build a wall and make the gnomes pay for it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I bet she could !

she is that good !

or maybe her body got preserved after death and then she fetched it up godo as new
    tbh i was always surprised arthas didnt feed her body to the ghouls or used a meat wagon to catapult it onto a elf villager or some such to add to her punishment. maybe he just didn't care since he had the soul. wouldn't know who could have preserved the body though.

i'm just going with in lore she is falling apart like every other undead, but the marketing team had other ideas once they found out people fap to her.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    She did far worse in her life right? I just don't get how people could hate Garrosh so bad but give Sylvanas a pass.

She invaded Gilneas and killed a lot of innocent people.
    She experimented on innocent people.
    She spread a plague in Southshore killing innocent people.
    She used the plague to create Undead.
    When you create a new undead character, the monologue you get when you zoom in to your fresh level 1 explicitly tells you the Forsaken are in the Horde as an alliance of convenience. So everything you state is totally within her character. You EXPECT her to do extreme things.

However:

1. When it comes to Gilneas, they were at war with the Undercity. What do you expect? And Garrosh was more aggressive than Sylvanas in that war, with Garrosh wanting to use the Forsaken as fodder and the Dark Lady preferring a measured approach.
    2. Grand Apothecary Putress certainly did. We invaded Undercity with the help of Sylvanas to stop him.
    3. See 2.
    4. See 2.

Mostly you seem to be confusing what Putress did with what Sylvanas did. Putress would be more equivalent to Garrosh.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i'm just going with in lore she is falling apart like every other undead, but the marketing team had other ideas once they found out people fap to her.
    is that stated anywhere or are you equating her to other undead ?

and I dont think marketing team has anything to do with Legions CGI cinematic or her in-game model ..

Because Garrosh is racist and tell this openly (horde only for orcs other races are just tools). Sylvanas is less racist and not openely says that. She treat everyone the same while Garrosh treat everyone but orcs low (well he somewhat respected taurens aswell putting them into Wisdow part of orgrimmar).
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-08-29 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

You can bet if she looked anything like her 'people' she'd not nearly have the fanboys she does now.
    Something like Princess Theradras

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    is that stated anywhere or are you equating her to other undead ?

and I dont think marketing team has anything to do with Legions CGI cinematic or her in-game model ..
    i don't think it's to far fetched to say that initially the marketing team had nothing to do with it. that her war3 and early wow models were products of technical necessity/convenience, they wanted her to look unique but didn't want to/couldn't make a proper model at the time, so just gave her a re skinned elf.

then later, when she was slated for a model update, and being a major character, i would not in the least bit be surprised if her sex appeal was a factor in deciding her new look. i would not at all be surprised if they left out decaying skin/wounds/holes found in other undead on purpose for that reason.

as for it being stated somewhere, i don't really keep up with the books anymore but i imagine it might be in the arthas book or somehting. maybe she gets her own book later in the expansion depending on how the story goes.

Sylvanas is more interesting, we aren't quiiite sure how much of her "evil" is due to her personality and how much is due to being undead, and she's very cunning, has many schemes.

Garrosh pretty much pirouetted from "depressed orc avoiding leadership duties" to "dictator" because some random orc told him his dad actually did something good and showed him a neat light show.

Garrosh is more like a comic/saturday morning cartoon villain, where Sylvanas is more of a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    to top it all off the king of the Alliance dies because the Horde who covered our flank just ran like cowards.
    Now you are pushing it, We didn't run like cowards, we were over run, millions of demons up there and you couldn't handle that little bit of them. Get real!

Oh and BTW Varian and Jaina pretty much started this all, WOD, GUL'DAN, THE LEGION! all because THEY couldn't let the Horde handle Horde Business!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    Now you are pushing it, We didn't run like cowards, we were over run, millions of demons up there and you couldn't handle that little bit of them. Get real!
    no, he dies because GulDan and a certain dreadlord set a cunning trap at the Broken Shore and Azeroth forces fell for it ..

dont jump to conclusions young grasshopper

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Garrosh's arc was meant to demonstrate that event the most docile creature can become a genocidal tyrant given enough motivation.

Sylvanas' arc can be interpreted as "Even the most genocidal tyrant can know restraint."

Garrosh came from literally no where lore wise. Sylvanas was, even from warcraft 3, well loved and well characterized.

Garrosh's motivation is "Make Orcs Great Again" (I am not even kidding even if Trump was not a thing i would of typed that exact phrasing)
    Sylvanas' motivation is Revenge.

But the real reason why: Everybody hates the new kid on the block.
    Everybody hates people promoted via blatant nepotism
    Everybody hates people promoted via blatant nepotism who are not good at their jobs.
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... <insert trait of garrosh>
    LOL

Don't talk about politics if you don't understand politics.

Trump never supported the Iraq Invasion and repeatedly stood against it once it began. Hillary Clinton supported it. So stop calling Trump a genocidal tyrant or you will sound like an idiot.

So, something I've been wondering lately that is slightly related to this topic... Is it ever explicitly stated that Sylvannas is responsible for Southshore? I can't remember it being stated anywhere and when you consider the timeframe... Well, consider this:

The diary of high general Abbendis explicitely states on page 13 that it takes TWO MONTHS to get from the northern Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend by sea. Now, Sylvannas as portrayed in game seems to always travel by way of ship and ground mount and so while this could be wrong we can assume on of two likely scenarios.

1.) ICC ends, everyone leaves. Sylvannas sorts out who should be in charge of the forsaken and sends them back to Lordaeron then once everyone is gone climbs to the top of ICC again to throw herself off. Short story happens and she shows up 2+ months later to find Garrosh commanding her armies and throwing them into an effective meat grinder against the worgen. In game quests playout from there.

2.) ICC ends, Sylvannas goes home with the forsaken, helps them get set up then leaves to go throw herself off of ICC. In this scenario it ends up being a round trip though, four months by sea and however long it takes her to cross half the landmass of Northrend twice. This of course would lead to the events in Silverpine and Gilneas having to take place almost half a year after the end of the siege of Icecrown. This kind of thing isn't unheard of, afterall Admiral Taylor's journal says they had been in spires for MONTHS before you show up there even if you made it to that zone on the day the expansion launched but it's still a little awkward.

Either way she's out of the picture for a really long time, and likely left others in charge of the forsaken since she was planning to die. I could very easily see a scenario where it was Warden Stillwater giving the order to plague Southshore in her absence or even Garrosh after he had taken control of the forsaken armies, (Remember, Garrosh had the forsaken attack Gilneas because he wanted a port on the Eastern Kingdoms. Southshore is placed perfectly to act as a port and would be FAR easier to take than the heavily fortified Gilneas.) only to have someone fuck up with the plague and completely contaminate the town.

I could be completely wrong here and Sylvannas could have used portals and flying mounts to cut down on travel time, or I could have missed/forgot a quest that specifies she was in charge when SS was plagued but given the information I have at hand and can remember it's an interesting thing to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Because she's hot.
    The first post is the best post.

I blame thrall, he made horde players think the horde was just a red alliance, all diplomatic and such. So when garrosh came in and led the horde the traditional orcish way, people were like WOAH DUDE SLOW DOWN! WE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO WIN THIS MUCH!

Now we're back into the red alliance groove with vol'who and sylvannas.

If you think about it, a high elf is now warchief of the horde

Blackhand is rolling is his grave. The horde has hit rock bottom.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2016-08-29 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    She did far worse in her life right? I just don't get how people could hate Garrosh so bad but give Sylvanas a pass.

She invaded Gilneas and killed a lot of innocent people.
    She experimented on innocent people.
    She spread a plague in Southshore killing innocent people.
    She used the plague to create Undead.

These are all good things in my book!

Also,
    #garroshdidnothingwrong
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Because she had the worst voice acting in warcraft history?
    Impossible. She wasn't voiced by Chris Metzen.

Sex appeal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    People don't want to have sex with Garrosh.
    speak for yourself

because tits.

her fanbase is like 15% legitimate fans, 85% horny boys that wanna bang her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Garrosh did all that shit to his own people as well? Haha, though, not using Plague that is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Undeads are cooler.