Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I don't mind having a demon form, I'd just like a glyph for the Vengeance demon form to wield your equipped transmogged weapons, rather than going bare handed.
    I can agree with this. It kind of bugs me that suddenly my weapons vanish and my character would rather claw at enemies rather than hack them to bits with his Artifact weapon.

Deleted
    Yeah, what? Metamorphosis is everything a demon hunter is about lol, if you don't like it why are you playing the class?

I'm sure they'll introduce a glyph at some point anyway, which will maintain your regular form.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    I would be in favor of a glyph that remvoves the transformation effect from Metamorphasis. I'm pretty strongly against the super edgy "demon within" motif... I miss when demon hunters hunted demons and not just... were demons.
    How the hell could you miss when demons hunters just hunted demons and didn't turn into them? The very first Demon Hunter was Illidian and his most iconic ability was turning into a Demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post
    Yeah, what? Metamorphosis is everything a demon hunter is about lol, if you don't like it why are you playing the class?

I'm sure they'll introduce a glyph at some point anyway, which will maintain your regular form.
    thats like saying that people who dont like moonkin form shouldnt play a moonkin because thats what the class is about. and they added a glyph to hide it. they can do it here too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    How the hell could you miss when demons hunters just hunted demons and didn't turn into them? The very first Demon Hunter was Illidian and his most iconic ability was turning into a Demon.
    He didn't turn into a demon before he obtained the Skull. He was still a Demon Hunter even before that as far as I know. He didn't have Meta available prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    I can agree with this. It kind of bugs me that suddenly my weapons vanish and my character would rather claw at enemies rather than hack them to bits with his Artifact weapon.
    My main problem with it as well, but also don't like how bulky it is. Would like an option to have the havoc form. It doesn't even look like my character. Gimme my weapons back and an option to choose between the two forms or make it so it can be customized like the druid forms depending on your skin color and hairstyle etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    thats like saying that people who dont like moonkin form shouldnt play a moonkin because thats what the class is about. and they added a glyph to hide it. they can do it here too.
    The spec is called Balance, not Moonkin. The spec didn't always come with the form afaik I know, was only added in a patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    He didn't turn into a demon before he obtained the Skull. He was still a Demon Hunter even before that as far as I know. He didn't have Meta available prior to that.

My main problem with it as well, but also don't like how bulky it is. Would like an option to have the havoc form. It doesn't even look like my character. Gimme my weapons back and an option to choose between the two forms or make it so it can be customized like the druid forms depending on your skin color and hairstyle etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The spec is called Balance, not Moonkin. The spec didn't always come with the form afaik I know, was only added in a patch.
    Demon Hunters spec ain't called demon though.

Why not just make your own character grow bigger and more demonic instead of some demon template?

Deleted
    Pope - why the hat?

Ocean - why the water?

We can make statements like this all day but they won't change anything. They'll add a glyph if they think it's needed and ranting on a non-blizzard forum doesn't usually catch blizzards eye. Personally I don't mind meta for havoc, the vengeance demon I can be without though.

Nope before he drained the powers in the skull he was a Sorcerer his draining the skull is what gave him the Demonic Powers and created the first of the Demon Hunters. From WoWpedia http://wow.gamepedia.com/Illidan_Stormrage
    During the Third War and the Legion's second invasion of Azeroth, Illidan was freed from his prison by Tyrande, who believed that he would be a valuable ally in the conflict. However, before battling the dreadlord Tichondrius, Illidan consumed the foul energies of the Skull of Gul'dan, and, in the words of Maiev, became "neither demon nor night elf, but something more".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Nope before he drained the powers in the skull he was a Sorcerer his draining the skull is what gave him the Demonic Powers and created the first of the Demon Hunters. From WoWpedia http://wow.gamepedia.com/Illidan_Stormrage
    He already had powers before that thanks to Sargeras who burnt out his eyes and replaced them along with the tattoos. There are the likes of Loramus who seemingly don't have demons inside them nor possess demonic qualities yet were considered Demon Hunters as early as vanilla. The Illidari Demon Hunters are just a result of Illidan's own trials and things he learned up to TBC, but as said he was considered one before the Skull came into play. Arthas even calls him Demon Hunter before he instructs him to search for the skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2arN-vDwnNA

He already had powers before that thanks to Sargeras who burnt out his eyes and replaced them along with the tattoos. There are the likes of Loramus who seemingly don't have demons inside them nor possess demonic qualities yet were considered Demon Hunters as early as vanilla. The Illidari Demon Hunters are just a result of Illidan's own trials and things he learned up to TBC, but as said he was considered one before the Skull came into play. Arthas even calls him Demon Hunter before he instructs him to search for the skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2arN-vDwnNA
    The first Deathknight wasn't anything like the Death Knights we have now either. Whether we agree or not, Blizzard feels that Meta is class defining and to a large degree it has become so.

That being said I don't see any harm in providing a glyph to change meta. I mean Glaives are pretty class defining too yet Allari wields a damn sythe. Slightly jealous of that.

Metamorphosis is a pretty big part of DH's identity but I think more option wouldn't hurt. I don't know how could like the class without liking metaporphosis though. Its significance on the class's identity is pretty crucial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    that's a bad example. Moonkin form was not even a significant part of the lore of druids. Metamorphosis is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Dude just stop man. I feel you, but the fact they added a glyph to hide Ascendance form, pretty much burns down any argument to say that Meta doesn't need one too.
    Storm, Earth, and Fire says hi then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    I understand it's cool to some people, to turn into a giant purple demon. However, I like to see my character, especially when I'm powered up like that. I realize some will disagree because they enjoy the form, but that doesn't really negate the fact that others don't.

They ended up adding glyphs to hide these form changes to a lot of other classes' relevant cooldowns. Some didn't like ascendance and how it changed form, and so they added a glyph to hide it. Speaking of which, how do you obtain those minor glyphs now in Legion?

In any case, would anyone else like to see a way to hide the form?
    OP i agree with you. Im on same boat waiting for a glyph.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Glyph_of_Metamorphosis
    The glyph warlocks used to have. I want same but for DH.
    Last edited by mmocc6cef94c36; 2016-08-29 at 12:58 PM.

Let me guess, the people crying out for a glyph are Blood Elf female players complaining about the fact that they are unable to admire their glorious skimpy transmog for a mere 30 seconds, or the fact that their meta form is not pretty enough.

No. I would like an opportunity to individualize my demon form so it doesn't look like everyone else's, but turning into a demon is a core part of being a demon hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    I don't mind having a demon form, I'd just like a glyph for the Vengeance demon form to wield your equipped transmogged weapons, rather than going bare handed.
    I would support this, and/or glyphs to let us choose between various demon skins, just so we can individualize a bit.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Warlocks had this glyph, so will DHs also.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    All glyphs are "minor" glyphs now, you buy them off the AH or get a scribe to make them and apply them directly to the spell they effect.

As for Meta, i like the idea, I'm just not a huge fan of the look for Havok, a glyph to allow the Vengeance form in Havok would be amazing though imho, the female belf Havok form is just ugly.
    It's "Havoc"
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

I would love a glyph too. I don't like the female demon forms, and they were a big consideration in my decision of what to roll as. I don't mind the male demon forms though, they look good.

I'm 100% sure they will add a glyph eventually, but it might take years. Blizzard probably wants us to live the full demon hunter fantasy this expansion at least.

I just want the tatts/hair/horns/blindfold to match and also a glyph to make look like lock meta.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

WTB metamorphosis dance!