Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    So I heard somewhere that the price for the Dalaran's ring might change going from 250k to 200k but I don't know if it's true or live, anyone knows?
    My question is, will the one I have been using for years suddenly fizzle out and stop working?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    My question is, will the one I have been using for years suddenly fizzle out and stop working?
    The one you have been using for years most teleport you to Northrend Dalaran, the new one will teleport you to Broken Shore Dalaran.

Everything that are porting you to Northrend Dalaran will continue to do so, but having a teleport to Broken Shore Dalaran will be more useful right now.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    The one you have been using for years most teleport you to Northrend Dalaran, the new one will teleport you to Broken Shore Dalaran.

Everything that are porting you to Northrend Dalaran will continue to do so, but having a teleport to Broken Shore Dalaran will be more useful right now.
    Eh. lovely. So just a gold sink.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    This literally makes no sense. Source? A gold sink is an optional high cost for any purpose. If they intended it not to be a gold sink it would be gated behind reputation gains, which would have been a time sink.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20743595664#14

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Just to be clear, I agree that the Mad Merchant isn't going to serve as a very effective gold sink. But that's because he isn't intended to be one in any meaningful sense. Gold sinks, in an MMO economic sense, are primarily things like repair costs, the Auction House tariff, and a range of useful expensive items that still fall within the price range of many guild banks and gold-rich players. In this case, a handful of very wealthy players may dump a large portion of their gold reserves into this one vendor, but that's ultimately a blip in the grand scheme of the WoW economy.

If we wanted to drain as much gold as possible out of the economy using these items, we'd be pricing them differently. If the Blackfang Widow cost 200k, I'd wager that far more than 10x as many would be sold. Inflation is a concern, but that's a battle that will be waged on many other fronts. This is just a crazy merchant. The point of the items is to be ludicrously expensive, just as the point of something like the Time-Lost Proto Drake is to be ludicrously rare (if you think about it, a multi-day respawn that shares a spawn point with a more common variant and has a zone-wide patrol is pretty insane...). Some of the vendor's details may be tweaked, and there's been very good feedback in the thread on the relative attractiveness of the different items, but the 2mil price tag for the mount is not likely to change.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    snip
    Its still a gold sink, just not an effective one as it states. Similar to people buying super cars. People that can afford them its not a huge loss, but way out of range of people without the means.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a discussion in another thread, we'll keep it there: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-ridiculous