Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Bye Bye Warlords of Draenor!
    And it won't be missed. But as much as I had my problems with it, I have to admit it was still worth the money and my time. So water under the bridge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Lets hope the Legion launch will be smooth .
    amen to that
    /pray

Farewell WoD. It started out strong but Blizzard dropped the ball spectacularly -- someday someone will divulge all the behind the scenes nonsense that pretty much ruined the post-release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Lets start the bets on when people want to leave Broken Isles.
    1 week followed by a spam of "Why I think Legion is worse than WoD" threads

I will miss my legendary cheese ring. RIP ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the garrisons was a mobile app it would have been awesome. So when I would be on break at work I could manage my garrison and collect gold. Would have been awesome, the fact that it was in WoW felt odd.

One of the things I liked about WoD was the customizable quest hubs, like in Talador, Spires of Arak, Nagrand and Gorgrond.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-29 at 01:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Everybody gather up all your shipyard oil and poor it all over that turd and light a match.
    I have enough oil to light my shipyard + garrison on fire and the shipyard + garrion's of at least 20 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't think anyone is really going to be looking back and thinking about it being great. It never happened with Cataclysm, which was a similar bomb of an expansion, sort of.

The one expansion that should be looked at more fondly is MoP, people give that the shit end of the stick sometimes that it really never deserved. It was so chock full of content and in retrospect, we really didn't know how good we had it

Here's hoping that Legion lives up to it's promises! From all I can see, it sure does look to be doing so, I'm excited
    As much as I despised Cata at the time (and throughout MoP when looking back at it in hindsight), it at least had 3 patches worth of content (even though DS was pretty much phoned in and lame as all hell). It marked the last time new dungeons (that weren't remakes) were added to the game via patch. Not to mention the introduction of transmog and RBGs, among other nice things.

I played for the better part of an entire year during Cata. Meanwhile, 4 months of play in WoD (total) and I noped out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Everybody gather up all your shipyard oil and poor it all over that turd and light a match.
    I would buy a token just so I could log in and burn that fucker to the ground, along with the garrison it's attached to.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, as expansions go I can't say WoD was the worst, and nowhere near the best. I started WoW in Vanilla, and my WoW "life" peaked in Wrath for sure. From Cata onwards, I was playing very casually so maybe my opinion doesn't count for as much. However, I write as a player who is still playing WoW for fun. To see things from such a player's perspective, I need to first explain where I derive fun from when playing WoW and how it relates to my feelings on WoD.

- casual pvp. I like mixing it up in BGs and doing 2v2 and 3v3 arena. I'm not overly concerned with rankings and whatnot, and I'm not at the skill level required anyways. I know the game and its characters well enough from having alts of almost every class, and that's enough for me to hold my own most times. Warlords had its ups and downs with PVP, same as any expac. No complaints there.

- Exploration/Music/general feelings: I thought Warlords shined here, and was the best expac since Wrath when considering this. I loved going into the new SMV, and the desolate-ness of Frostfire. Nagrand was Nagrand, I liked it back in BC and liked going through this updated version. Gorgrond was possibly the worst zone to me, but I enjoyed practically zero zones in MoP and 1 or 2 in Cata, so it was a definite step up.

- Fun little things: I really liked the little touches in WoD. This started in a big way in MoP I'll admit, but I liked how they did it in WoD with the little findable treasures all over the place.

Warlords also had the best intro experience of all, at least till Legion. I'm glad they're improving on ways to tell a story, and what they improved on in MoP and WoD makes me excited for what's coming in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    In just over 9 or 18 hrs the door will close on Warlords of Draenor once and for all, as we set off for the Broken Isles. Many would consider WoD to be the worst and most ignored expansion ever. While I agree I think it's unfair to leave it hanging. It still gave me many great memories that I will continue to treasure. So Let's all reminisce about Garrisons, Ashran, and such; and give Warlords a final farewell.

Bye Bye Warlord's of Draenor! May you never happen again!
    I enjoyed WoD, but didn't play it for as long as most of you. I only came back to WoW at the beginning of this year, after a 3 year break. I especially enjoyed playing through the story lines on my Draenei pally, since a lot of the lore was themed in that direction. I tanked my last WoD dungeon (until TW, at least) last week, closing out with my guildies in mythic Auchindoun. Perfect way to finish, for me.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Bullshit. The first tier of Cata was amazing.

Also, the raiding in WoD was great.
    It's not how you start off, but how you finish!

I miss my free gold already. Now I'll have to go out and earn it

Deleted
    Although I think the leveling in WoD was enjoyable, I won't miss the Addon for a great variety of reasons. The two worst things in WoD were the Story itself and the whole garrison content. Of course, this is my opinion.
    I really liked the Mythic dungeons when they launched, but these were outgeared way too fast. Besides Highmaul I had no time for raiding, and Highmamul itself was somewhat mediocore - not the best raid ever, but not the worst either. I didn't do any PvP since Wrath, as I didn't like the way too grindy honor system

im just gonna get it out of the way now. you know people will say it in a year.

legion sucks! wod was way better than this crap! bring back wod!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Bullshit. The first tier of Cata was amazing.

Also, the raiding in WoD was great.
    That's just a small portion of the game, though. Do you really see people looking back and saying "Man, Cata, that was a really good expansion!"

wod was the expansion that nearly kill WoW for me.i still didnt buy Legion for example,probably gonna buy it when countdown is really really close.but i just cant convience myself that its worth to buy.even now.i always saw myself even when WoW is shit,im gonna keep play it cus its fun.with WoD i take it back all i said.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Lets start the bets on when people want to leave Broken Isles.
    "WoD was so much better. At least we had stuff to do in our garrisons."

-WoW players in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    It's not how you start off, but how you finish!

I miss my free gold already. Now I'll have to go out and earn it
    Seriously! If we judge by how things started off, WoD started off pretty damned amazingly too. It had the best questing experience in a released expansion so far (IMO), for example, and a pretty great looking world with a lot to see/find.

Deleted
    I didn't hate WOD at any point, but sure - would have wished for more content. Great ideas got scrapped in the process of making it, which is a shame.
    When I got my Legion alpha invite I started to stop playing WOD except when we had guild events. But as the pre patch went live I stopped playing beta, as I had tried most content, and playing it more wouldn't Make sense, as it would be about getting my item level higher (had around 840).
    I tested, tried the changes, posted my feedback , noticed how things got changed and improved - feedback was heard
    Can't wait to level again as Legion goes live

Bye Bye WoD!
    Hello 2 more years of the second half of WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    That's just a small portion of the game, though. Do you really see people looking back and saying "Man, Cata, that was a really good expansion!"
    It was still better than any other game out there at the time.