Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    And yet google uk yields only east asian results.
    Google.co.uk doesn't only search UK web pages, lots of foreign results come up as well.

I live in Surrey which is roughly 40% Indian. When I visit my family in UK I have never been referred to as asian.
    Oh, that proves it then What the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying its common usage is for the mongoloid race.
    Not where the Daily Mail and teenage girl in question comes from.

British newspaper uses British terminology shocker!

One less duck face in the world.

Deleted
    I live in Surrey which is roughly 40% Indian. When I visit my family in UK I have never been referred to as asian.
    There must be anotheer Surrey I don't know about coz in the town I live in there is maybe, 1-2% people of asian origin (meaning the entirety of asia)....

10+ Year Old Account
    Well her suicide was due to fear of SJW backlash so its easy to make the connection.
    Did you even read the article? Her pic was spread in the Internet without her consent, and she was afraid that local Asian community would backlash at her for editing the colors on the pic, to make her look more Asian-like.

And even if the title of the article actually matched the content of it, what kind of sick individual would use an event such as this to push their narrative? If your mother died tomorrow, and someone used it, say, in their presidential campaign to bash the opponent - how would it make you feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm saying its common usage is for the mongoloid race.
    You're right, Asian pretty much universally refers to Mongloids. Talked to a lot of people from around the world, including the UK. Have extended family in the UK as well, never once heard the term Asian refer to anyone but Mongloids. Only time I ever see this is in some news blogs like bbc, dailymail, etc... in the UK.

You were right about Google too, it's a good indicator because the results are ranked based on prevalence. There's a reason why you pretty much only see Mongloids when searching for the term asian.

I'm thinking it was probably nudez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by porgig View Post
    You're right, Asian pretty much universally refers to Mongloids. Talked to a lot of people from around the world, including the UK. Have extended family in the UK as well, never once heard the term Asian refer to anyone but Mongloids. Only time I ever see this is in some news blogs like bbc, dailymail, etc... in the UK.

You were right about Google too, it's a good indicator because the results are ranked based on prevalence. There's a reason why you pretty much only see Mongloids when searching for the term asian.
    this is like googling amurican girlz to watch some big brazilian asses

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    There must be anotheer Surrey I don't know about coz in the town I live in there is maybe, 1-2% people of asian origin (meaning the entirety of asia)....
    I'm fairly certain he means Surrey, BC. The brunt of all the jokes in Canada. Car theft capital of Canada. Nobody likes Surrey.

I too, currently live in Surrey.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    There's no way that's the reason she killed herself.
    Never underestimate the psyche of teenagers in a world where political correctness is gradually becoming more important to some people than life itself.

10+ Year Old Account

Unless of course you type in 'Asian UK', then the results are almost exclusively people from India, Pakistani or Bangladesh.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Considering where she comes from they could be Hindu or Sikh as well.

Asian just means they are of Indian, Pakistani or Bangadeshi origins.
    Asian usually refers to Chinese, Japanese etc. It never really included Islamic countries except for the Pacific ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Unless of course you type in 'Asian UK', then the results are almost exclusively people from India, Pakistani or Bangladesh.
    I'm not speaking about the quirks of UK culture. I'm just talking in response to the guy about the term Asian and providing my personal experience with it. Globally the term refers to Mongloids. In terms of the UK, with my visits there and talking to extended family there, I have really only heard them refer to Mongloids when using the term Asian. Only time I have seen it actually used was in UK news blogs like bbc, dailymail, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Isn't the daily mail the UK version the national enquirer ? Tabloid trash? Genuinely asking.
    We live in the post factual age though.

What is true is what sold the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Asian usually refers to Chinese, Japanese etc. It never really included Islamic countries except for the Pacific ones.
    That's because Chinese, Japanese, and the islamic Pacific countries are all Mongloids. They have a collection of general features they share, most recognizably is the facial structure. This is the group the world refers to as Asians.

I'm not speaking about the quirks of UK culture.
    Well you might have to readjust when discussing UK stories printed by a UK newspaper about something that happened in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well you might have to readjust when discussing UK stories printed by a UK newspaper about something that happened in the UK.
    There's a reason my post quoted someone else and not the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Did you even read the article? Her pic was spread in the Internet without her consent, and she was afraid that local Asian community would backlash at her for editing the colors on the pic, to make her look more Asian-like.

And even if the title of the article actually matched the content of it, what kind of sick individual would use an event such as this to push their narrative? If your mother died tomorrow, and someone used it, say, in their presidential campaign to bash the opponent - how would it make you feel?
    I don't disagree, but it's exactly the platform the other side uses - why would they shy away from it? It's important to show that the mob mentality is harmful no matter what your ideology is, and people should learn to keep their opinions of other's personal lives to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    How did this become about SJWs, PC and Trump?
    How would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Pretty sure pedophiles are considered the worst of the worst.
    Considering a couple of articles I've run into, they might have moved slightly above white heterosexual males.

There were no doubt further underlying mental issues. People don't end their lives over such trivial nonsense.