Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If the price isn't anything significant i'll just give them away to people who missed the invasions, there's probably gonna be enough ways to make money in Legion anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not the same looking. It's a different colour.
    Yes, it's infact firebat pup. Not felbat pup.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I find it more funny that people claim to know what hundreds of thousands of players do....
    Its more funny when people are talking about something to maximise your profit to 50 golds

People are using the iron starlette as an example for non-available content staying cheap, but you can still get it in game. Blizzard said they'd remove the quests but they never did. You can still go to Blasted Lands and do the whole WoD pre-launch event, get all the blue rewards and ultimately the pet in the last quest.

In fact, they even updated the quest text to send you to High Overlord Saurfang at the end, though it still shows Vol'jin's model next to the quest window.
    Last edited by Archibalde; 2016-08-29 at 04:53 PM.

While it is true that it most likely will take a hundred years before they're worth anything - what is the option? What's better to purchase? Equipment to vendor? Really, do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And... This meme is? Never heard about a 'Fel Bat Meme'.

As well, saving up some would be better than having wasted shards.
    I think that the OP doesn't know what a meme is or thinks EVERYTHING is a meme or a fad.
    Also the moron doesn't understand that a once in a life time event pet is going to be worth a lot in a year or two. but you know, morons, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    Anyone else find it quite amusing that hundreds of thousands of people are stockpiling these pets with the hopes of getting rich?

Is everyone really that bad at basic mathematics?
    You'd be surprised. The old hunter ammo pouches sell for a fortune now. There were hundreds of thousands of players who vendored them.

The old rogue poison pouches are still in the game yet even they fetch up to 500G. People still run halls of lightning to pickpocket farm them.

Both items are utterly useless btw.

Deleted
    I just got one maybe some day will sell it but dont think so (still have that haunted spirit thingye somewhere in some bank)

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You'd be surprised. The old hunter ammo pouches sell for a fortune now. There were hundreds of thousands of players who vendored them.

The old rogue poison pouches are still in the game yet even they fetch up to 500G. People still run halls of lightning to pickpocket farm them.

Both items are utterly useless btw.
    But there are some key differences:
    - bank space is no longer a concern
    - every player can collect 3 of these without them taking up any space
    - these pets are not rare, the pouches/quivers are

Anyone else find it quite amusing that hundreds of thousands of people are stockpiling these pets with the hopes of getting rich?

Thus far the worst person at math is you. I have all the armor for transmog and the items I could buy for gear I got 90% of them from boxes. The rest I already played the beta and I know I'll be able to upgrade the pieces I didn't get quickly. The invasion consumables are also a waste.

I'll take a bat that sells for any amount of gold, especially if I hold on to them for an expansion or two, because it beats what you apparently intend to spend your shards on. Which is dick.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioo View Post
    What else shall i do with nethershards?
    This sums it up ... what else was there to spend the shards on

My bats from the Karazhan boss pre-WotLK are still worthless. I didn't bother with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    This is really Blizzard's fault for not giving us some kind of viable nethershard sink - especially since you can get absurd amounts of the weapons and shards from leveling a character through the invasions.
    Could bought the Warglaives and vendored them for some gold...! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Going by Iron star pet prices, you're right.
    I still sell those for 500+ gold ... AND you can still get that pet ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    My bats from the Karazhan boss pre-WotLK are still worthless. I didn't bother with these.
    You can't cage and sell that one. Which is too bad, because I have an extra one.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Thus far the worst person at math is you. I have all the armor for transmog and the items I could buy for gear I got 90% of them from boxes. The rest I already played the beta and I know I'll be able to upgrade the pieces I didn't get quickly. The invasion consumables are also a waste.

I'll take a bat that sells for any amount of gold, especially if I hold on to them for an expansion or two, because it beats what you apparently intend to spend your shards on. Which is dick.
    don't become an economist.

Worth noting that a character has to be level 100 to buy the trinkets or any of the other stuff sold by the captive demon vendor, so the felbat pet is the only option to spend shards on in that case.

It's a good idea if you wait several years to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioo View Post
    What else shall i do with nethershards?
    ^^^ This. I need a bigger belfry I got so many bats. I been giving them away as gifts to friends who haven't played as much. Why have I done so many invasions? Mostly farming a last 720 piece for my DH, and because I've been in the mood to play him without much else to do. Tanking the final bosses can be good practice, since there's rarely anyone healing and they hit hard enough to make you use all your defensives and self-heals.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"