Monhuns MMORPG Froniter is getting a 'Frontier Zenith' release for PS4 in november. Should be region free but god knows if its a sub deal or not.

Still seeing more monhun on home consoles makes me hope the NX's rumoured hybrid port friendly nature means maybe monhun 5 is the first multiplat game in the series which would be fantastic.

*who am i kidding nintendo has it on lockdown, but i can dream dammit!

Ooo that's interesting for my ongoing internal debate on whether or not to buy a ps4 for a select few games.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Monhuns MMORPG Froniter is getting a 'Frontier Zenith' release for PS4 in november. Should be region free but god knows if its a sub deal or not.

Still seeing more monhun on home consoles makes me hope the NX's rumoured hybrid port friendly nature means maybe monhun 5 is the first multiplat game in the series which would be fantastic.

*who am i kidding nintendo has it on lockdown, but i can dream dammit!
    If this isn't region locked or requires a sub I will buy it language barrier be damned.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish most of the good bowgun/bow sets didn't require the barrage earring not a big fan of arena fights....

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Wish most of the good bowgun/bow sets didn't require the barrage earring not a big fan of arena fights....
    Really easy to do by just grabbing a 2nd person and going to town on them. Think it took me all of maybe an hour to get S rank on all of the quests with a random who joined my room.

I'm sad, today's the last day I'll have much time to play for a while QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    If you'd like I can help you with them some time. They were super easy to A or S rank going in blind with 2 people.

Gave my bow-only friend a crash course in a couple weapons. He died once or twice but you're allowed 9 carts in arena quests I believe. It's really stress free with 2.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    finally finished my seltas gunner armor set last night (seriously hate fighting the queen) and it pairs so well with both the god's isle and lost musket.

I ended up getting frustrated with the taunt set, will probably revisit it at some other point, went back to dual blades though.

The best set I see at the moment since I just hit high rank is the Plesioth set honestly for aerial dual blades? Mounting, and extra damage on aerial attacks seems pretty decent, although I'm sure there's better.

15+ Year Old Account
    finally broke my HR today and jumped all the way to HR81

Yeah I'm still HR 76 but I've got village quests somewhere (I think there's only one left, but I haven't gone searching to see what's left) and on the hub side I've only got 7* left and have begun clearing them. I haven't really touched deviants outside of Dreadqueen Rathian because I was strictly farming it for the dual blades to deal out sweet sweet justice to Kushla Daora. My current fun thing I'm doing is trying to finish out the Guild Card for achievements. I know for my Elder Dragon Esoterica I'm just missing Alatreon and I'm cleaning up capturing every single monster at least once (which is going to again involve the deviants).

80% Bherna completion
    86% Yukumo completion
    80% Pokke completion
    73% Kokoto completion
    20% Wycademy completion.

My biggest thing is a bunch of quests in 7* are all arenas with two fairly strong monsters in it at the same time (i.e. Tigrex and Yian Garuga, ) rather than two at a time, but nothing a dung bomb won't sort. Loads of fun and I'm sure adept will be used and abused big time here. Of course, probably a lot easier if I just go online and do'em too lol.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I actually had to take a break, Bushibow was giving me hand cramps. Really

It was a good excuse to play Eyes of heaven.

Not even twenty minutes after posting that, I found the last village quest I was missing to take out two Tigrexes at the Arctic Ridge so now I'm done with village quests. That was coincidentally my last Pokke Request apparently and got a badge for that. Getting closer to clearing the whole thing.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I actually had to take a break, Bushibow was giving me hand cramps. Really
    I bought a grip for no more hand cramps :P

Bought the MHX themed one, didn't realize it was coming from japan. Took like a month to get here.

15+ Year Old Account
    question does item use up and mushromancer effect each other.

Edit: did some testing and yes they do Item use up added 1 minute and 30 seconds on to the 3 minute mopeshroom stam buff not half bad really.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-09-19 at 01:29 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So new Monster Hunter announced, Double Cross, coming March 2017 to...3DS. I can't help but expect them to reveal a Switch version when they reveal the Switch line-up. Otherwise, that's one giant missed opportunity.

Hurm. Can't say from that if its meant to be a G version or Generations 2, but it looks pretty similar. Honestly i think Capcoms pushing monhun more as a big earner as its really broken through in the west but at the rate these are coming out i could see consumer and developer burnout leading to another case of a series declining in quality because they pushed too much of a good thing.

It will probably be good but MHX had a really short lifespan, though granted it was a side game. But once the novelty wears off and consumers see it as another yearly iteration series at this rate i cant help but wonder if theres major burnout in the future for the ip.

10+ Year Old Account

Hurm. Can't say from that if its meant to be a G version or Generations 2, but it looks pretty similar. Honestly i think Capcoms pushing monhun more as a big earner as its really broken through in the west but at the rate these are coming out i could see consumer and developer burnout leading to another case of a series declining in quality because they pushed too much of a good thing.

It will probably be good but MHX had a really short lifespan, though granted it was a side game. But once the novelty wears off and consumers see it as another yearly iteration series at this rate i cant help but wonder if theres major burnout in the future for the ip.
    Except Monster Hunter has done this forever. This isn't anything new. Double Cross also isn't announced for the West yet, so MHGen will at least have a life span of a year and a half.

I just hope that if it does get a Western release, that it's for the Switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope its for the switch. They lost me when they didnt make ports for the Wii U. I cant stand the 3Ds. If they do so, I will be updating the OP again.

Deleted
    Can someone explain to me the Online of Monster Hunters for the N3DS?

Is it like the PS2/Wii version where there is a "Town" with different lobby to choose from where people are waiting?
    Or is it something like "invite friends from your friend list only"?

I will buy this Monster Hunter Generations really fast if it's like the PS2/Wii version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can join to your room if you want them to, you can set up passwords so you can make a private room and invite friends over, you could try the MHX demo, it has multiplayer online too, but i dont think anyone is playing the demo now.

The only multiplayer monhun on 3ds that was "borked" was 3, because it only allowed you to team up with nearby friends, 4-4U-X-XX allow you to play online.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35