Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah no this keeps not making sense.

I thought shooting precious bullets at a random unarmed hobo was really dumb, but nothing prepared me for the zombie horde double kill... lmao this is so bad it's actually good category now

That bar scene :') that was some of the more retarded shit ive seen in a show

Strand stop playing piano!

My problem is with the promo. Am I really supposed to believe that Alicia is extremely proficient with a butterfly knife?

Oh really I didn't see that. Not surprised nick is like superman, Can't wait. When she got out of the shower this week it was insane how hot she is.

This is the clearest version of it I could find atm. Looks like this version is slightly shorter and a mirror image of the clip.

Last edited by Feredir; 2016-08-29 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    This is the clearest version of it I could find atm. Looks like this version is slightly shorter and a mirror image of the clip.

Clearly she's been muscle for drug dealers in compton after school hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No, because these stories don't work otherwise.
    The comics did a pretty good job.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

To be fair both her kids seem to think she doesn't like them so she's never been painted as a great mom which is OK. There's bad mothers irl. But yeah that scene was particularly annoying to watch because you could have written that episode yourself.

Also all the lone shots of nick walking around I thought I was watching an old western or something

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    To be fair both her kids seem to think she doesn't like them so she's never been painted as a great mom which is OK. There's bad mothers irl. But yeah that scene was particularly annoying to watch because you could have written that episode yourself.

Also all the lone shots of nick walking around I thought I was watching an old western or something
    To be fair "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" might have been an appropriate episode title.

edit: OK, had a funny idea(to me anyway), and it seems to work, but I don't have the technical skill to pull it off (lazy). SO, here are two videos.

Turn off the volume on this clip, click play on the second video, I personally think it works well.

Last edited by Feredir; 2016-08-31 at 09:07 PM.

Yeah haha, thats how it felt, particulary with last episode being heavy focus on nick walking around the desert then the same again for this episode. Not bad or anything the show is shot quite well a lot of the time and sometimes very beautiful.

This show has really fallen off the MMO Champ radar.

I think the show has gotten better in the second half.

Plus for people that bitch about why people keep doing dumb stuff in TWD the blood smearing technique is the answer. The fact that zombie are 100 percent marginalized in FTWD because they all always make the smart move really diminishes the show.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    That gang death scene for example was not just a bunch of "dumb" deaths, it was an entire level of retardation, no one survives that fucking long to just pointlessly run into a zombie horde guns blazing till death the way they did, it was a completely needless scene =/
    So many terrible scenes in this season. It started to get so bad, it's good...but now we're over the hill and heading towards so bad it's reeeeaaallly bad.
    BAD WOLF

I think nick is my favorite character out of both shows
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    This show is in such a death spiral according to pretty much all sources across the web that I'll be incredibly surprised if the upcoming third season won't be it's last.

The acting has been horrible. Whoever's directing these actors isn't pushing them to their full potential, and it seems more like a daytime drama than something rising to the level of the main show. The actors are basically running around with a single expression constantly, and across the board that expression tends to be that of someone constipated, with a couple exceptions. They've kind of gotten stuck in these molds and they just can't break them.

Here's what I think of these actors throughout these two seasons. Not including everyone, just some that I have opinions on right now, and honestly haven't really been paying 100% attention to the show anymore in the later stages, so I'm not even 100% sure all of these people are alive, so don't read anything into this list, and please don't reply with any spoilers.

• Kim Dickens is a constipated angry frowny face sociopath. Hasn't broken down in believable tears once.
    • Cliff Curtis is a constipated worried sad face wussy wimp. He's perhaps one of the ones who's shown more range but still returns to default way too often.
    • Frank Dillane is switching between a happy face and a "oh I don't care" blase -type of a mode constantly, has stopped caring a long time ago as an actor.
    • Alycia Debnam-Carey is a constipated Instagram duck face who doesn't seem to be fazed by much anything.
    • Mercedes Mason doesn't know she's in a Walking Dead show, and is running around happy happy joy joy almost constantly, smiling so often you'd think there was no zombie outbreak, throwing in a couple of bouts of extremely fake crying here and there. Oh, and being worried and constipated.
    • Lorenzo James Henrie is happy he got on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., if only for one episode, so he at least gets a break from trying and juggle this constipated emo teen character with some weird sociopathic murderer type.
    • Colman Domingo has actually done an almost decent job as an actor. It's just that his character is so boring.

As other sources have said, a big reason why this show is tanking so bad is that a) there are absolutely no memorable bad guys, and b) there's really no leader in this show, and very little possibility to identify with any of these characters. Also, breaking up the group was about the dumbest idea they could've had, before they had even established the same kind of dynamic as the main show. Yes, the main show has also broken up the group, or at least some members from it, but after the whole idea of "hey, we're this one group now, and we're in this together" was established. They didn't get that far in this show.

Besides acting and characters, the budget is clearly very low, and they clearly don't spend anywhere near as much time with zombie effects and make-up as the main show does, and maybe that's part of the reason why they don't do the zombie gore like the main show does. And so, when you take the zombie gore away from a zombie show, it becomes Bold and the Beautiful. All the zombie stuff done in this show seems to have been such an afterthought, whereas in the main show they take pride in it, they perfect it.

For me, personally, all this Mexican and Spanish-language stuff doesn't do anything. It's not "prejudiced" in that it's an opinion I've formed over a long time. I just personally don't enjoy Latin culture, music and such, or the Spanish language, or even the desert areas in or near Mexico and so on. I don't know why. It's just something I've realized over decades. There are exceptions, of course, but that's just how I feel about it. Maybe I just identify those areas and that kind of stuff way too much with westerns, especially spaghetti westerns which I loved to watch as a kid. Who knows. In any case, it also disconnects this show so much from the main show. I would've much rather have them stay in the US, perhaps show the break down of the US society and civilization, governing structures and so on, even more. That's what I was hoping for from this show, to show where the world of the Walking Dead began. Instead, they started by being sequestered in some small town and then ended up in Mexico. Nah, not interested. Throw on top of that a hefty dose of religion and yeah, you lost me. That's just me personally though, so this doesn't apply to anyone else.

My personal conclusion about this show after a couple seasons is that it just shouldn't have been made, at all, and I don't know if there's anything they can do to save it, to get a fourth season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

• Kim Dickens is a constipated angry frowny face sociopath. Hasn't broken down in believable tears once.
    • Cliff Curtis is a constipated worried sad face wussy wimp. He's perhaps one of the ones who's shown more range but still returns to default way too often.
    • Frank Dillane is switching between a happy face and a "oh I don't care" blase -type of a mode constantly, has stopped caring a long time ago as an actor.
    • Alycia Debnam-Carey is a constipated Instagram duck face who doesn't seem to be fazed by much anything.
    • Mercedes Mason doesn't know she's in a Walking Dead show, and is running around happy happy joy joy almost constantly, smiling so often you'd think there was no zombie outbreak, throwing in a couple of bouts of extremely fake crying here and there. Oh, and being worried and constipated.
    • Lorenzo James Henrie is happy he got on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., if only for one episode, so he at least gets a break from trying and juggle this constipated emo teen character with some weird sociopathic murderer type.
    • Colman Domingo has actually done an almost decent job as an actor. It's just that his character is so boring.
    Minus the obsession with constipation I will say in list order:

1. Absolutely
    2. A man feeling like he must always show restraint, not so much anymore.
    3. Some people smile when in life and death situations, maybe has a death wish, could be clinically psychopathic.
    4. Perhaps because she was in denial.
    5. Don't recall her smiling in a long time.
    6. Not so much emo as being emotionally disturbed, definitely a sociopath, probably due to his current emotional condition.
    7. Character needs more development.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with Fear the walking dead is 90% of the characters are unlikable.
    Hi

I thought the show was fine. I don't come to it or TWD with the hopes of seeing everyone walk away with an Emmy. The show is what it is. Always has been pretty much always will be just like TWD has been the same show for the last eight years, and it won't stop now.

You can only do so much with zombies. Zombies are a slow moving threat that really should only kill anyone when they are sleeping or just incredibly unlucky. However, this is a zombie show, so you pretty much have to set up people doing stupid things so they can get killed by zombies. Remember season 2 of TWD were everyone eviscerated the show because there were hardly any zombies. Now everyone eviscerates the show because people are getting killed by zombies.

The bad acting is ways as staple complaint of the FTWD and TWD boards, it is kind of a go to filler response for anything. I'm not quite sure what people really want? A realistic expression of how people react daily to a zombie apocalypse, in which the entire world as one knows it vanishes and and a Hobbesian world takes over. Let's be honest, between TWD and FTWD the show has been on for nearly a decade. As a result pretty much the entire spectrum of acting has been seen, and pretty much only type of acting has ever been approved on this board at least, is the Carol cold heart bad ass take no prisoners personality type is the only acting type that ever gets praise. Thus, why Nick the most hatred character from season one is not the most popular character. He just swap out personality and now the whole just do what you have to do.

FTWD and TWD are the same in this sense. If you don't like them now your never going to.

Personally I'm done with both shows now. I'm just not looking forward to them at all. The last 2 episodes have been sitting on my DVR and I have no desire to watch them. Not really looking forward to TWD either.

I think last episodes were freaking amazing, show definitely going in right direction now. About likable characters: I like Nick a lot and now his chick. I think actors are doing their job fine. Can't wait for TWD now!