Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Over-compensation from such issues (with other words too much political correctness) is almost as bad as the original problem.
    The "golden balance" is the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yes, because what you do outside company time, between your friends, really needs to be reported. God forbid people have fun and crack jokes.
    When those jokes demonstrate a mismatch between your behaviour and the company's desired environment, yes, it's absolutely grounds for dismissal. If you're off the clock and call your boss a "raging dickhead", and he overhears you because he's three people behind you at McDonald's, he can absolutely fire you for that. Same difference.

Hell, I've got one professional membership I'm maintaining, and I'm pursuing another. In both, my behaviour 24/7 is grounds for my membership in those professional associations. If I break the membership's ethical rules, at any time, for any reason, my membership can be permanently revoked. And that's standard across pretty much any professional association.

Also, nice victim blaming. Sure feels good when it's justified to hold up the cause isn't it?
    Being punished for your own willful disregard for company rules doesn't make you a "victim" of any sort whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    this is patent bullshit, and i don't know if it's because you're simply ignorant or because you think you're getting away with lying.

the right is far more "PC" (in the pejorative sense) than the left is, and has far more parties with the actively pronounced intent to limit speech.
    and yet neither you nor any of these other defenders of liberty getting riled up about what pussies the human race has turned into seem to give any shits about that.
    Not a chance, since PC culture is all racial/sexual/gender oriented, which are hallmarks of the left. The only premise under which the right aptly qualifies is religion.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The left have turned into the protectors of proper manners and civilization. The right has turned into vulgarity and ethical decay.
    Then why left supports islam so hard when islam is the complete opposite of 21st century manners and civilization?

Deleted
    PC is the cancer of society, people need to grow a thicker skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Sorry man, you can be incredibly nice to people without having to jump through all the hoops and language requirements and disclaimers that PC language and culture saddles you with. That the equation always comes to 'comply with PC rules or you can't be considered nice/fair/etc' is a crock.
    What hoops and requirements?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I'm talking about situations such as people getting offended at things that are clearly not intended to be offensive (a black man at a city council meeting claiming racism when someone criticized city hall as being a "black hole for records") or people getting offended on behalf of someone else. "I have decided that this group of people do not like that." If they don't, that's one thing, but you don't get to decide for them what they are and are not ok with, that's rude and they're more likely to get offended that you feel the need to think and make decisions for them.

These things happen and that's what I'm referring to, not examples like what you said. Hope clarification helps.
    In that regards we agree, but in those cases, does that really have anything to do with Political correctness? If someone doesn't understand what a Black Hole is, it's going to be a challenge to find solution other than educating someone. I saw this many years ago when I was in the Army, a Major was talking about not letting some paperwork become a "tar baby". One of the black secretaries heard the comment and was offended. The good news is, The Major calmly explained where the term came from (br'er rabbit) and things went back to normal.

But there are people who still see that term as a derogatory term. Knowing that this term could be offensive to some. Is it completely wrong to avoid using it, to avoid any potential conflicts? I grew up in the farm lands, we use to have a saying "I'm more tired than a tree'd coon". When I moved off to Washington DC, I learned it was best to just not use that saying. I had every right to say it, but I got tired of explaining the meaning all the time, most of which was never full accepted.

There is not much that can be done about those who are looking to be offended. Other than address their concerns and moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Doesn't really matter.
    And that's your fault, not the fault of the person who pointed it out to your boss.
    Because you say so?. That you're unconcerned about stupidity is tacit support.
    Alternatively, fault doesn't matter, nor was addressed in the post you responded to. You're assessing faulty behaviour; I'm offering an alternate view on the events.

As an aside, I'll remind people that the donglegate thing ended firing the fucktard that *publicly* reported them for breach of privacy and incompetence to do her job (uniting the community or something).
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-08-29 at 06:29 PM.

Yeah, I'll believe Fox's statements on why they took it down over the kind of ridiculous hyperbole you're expressing here. You're literally inventing your own fiction, here.

Not even Fox agrees with you as to why Fox took down the ad.
    If you believe that I can make you a great deal on a bridge in Brooklyn...

Heaven forbid in a movie about super villains and heroes fighting we show a pic of them fighting... durp...

or do we have to push the idea here woman can't fight super villains?? if this was a pic of him holding a guy by the neck you think there would have been an issue.

it was talking down for one simple reason "some" people somehow took this as a violence again woman statement (somehow in their warped little heads) and not what anyone that can scrap two brain cells together meant to be a reflection of a comic book cover if this was in print and a not movie, and they took it down out of fear of a bunch of whiny people giving it bad press.

censorship does not just come from the government, it can come from a small enough group shouting over reason and scaring people into clamming up.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-08-30 at 02:27 AM.

You guys take this stuff WAY too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Not a chance, since PC culture is all racial/sexual/gender oriented, which are hallmarks of the left. The only premise under which the right aptly qualifies is religion.
    see this is just like the SJW thing - you're taking a term that has an established definition and then trying to pretend like it only applies to "the left" because it makes it easier to be ragingly hypocritical about the extent to which the behavior you're supposedly railing against (namely the suppression of speech and free expression by people who are pussies and too easily offended) is happening vastly more on your side of the moral/cultural spectrum.

po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness
    noun
    the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.
    people of a culturally conservative ideology want to pretend that only applies to bitches, niggers, and faggots because it allows them to have yet another excuse to whine about bitches, niggers, and faggots.
    the truth is that the crusade to squash speech is predominantly being waged by conservative forces, and none of you anti-PC whiners seem willing to recognize that.

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that for as much as they love to throw around "SJW" as a pejorative, about 99% of all threads and twitter comments and facebook posts flung around that meet the criteria of a "SJW" are actually right-wing ideologies?
    Sure, but those of us who don't subscribe to this partisan imbecility liked it better when only one side played that stupid game. I don't have the patience to keep up with everyone's arbitrary definition of sinful behavior. Fortunately it's only a couple more years of this before it fades away again.

Deleted
    All "political correctness" is, is "deciding not to be a dick to people". That's it.

I really don't see how being pro-dickery is a defensible stance. Sure, you're "saying what you want", but that just means you're being a dick to people. I don't see why anyone should be proud of that.
    So, going by your "logic"... being anti-PC equals being a dick which must mean being pro-PC equals being a "pussy'? For once, Endus, I would have to agree with you.

Glad I am a "dick" and not a "pussy".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Then why left supports islam so hard when islam is the complete opposite of 21st century manners and civilization?
    Most civilized countries have freedom of religion, it is believed that a person should have the freedom to practice whatever religion he thinks is the right one, as long as his religious beliefs don't break any laws of the country he or she lives in. Denying a muslim to practice his religion, simply because you hate them is uncivilized and primitive. I'm from germany and most muslims I met are modern and civilized people, no idea where you got the perception from of muslims being bad mannered and uncivilized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    So, going by your "logic"... being anti-PC equals being a dick which must mean being pro-PC equals being a "pussy'? For once, Endus, I would have to agree with you.

Glad I am a "dick" and not a "pussy".
    Depends on the size of a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Sure, but those of us who don't subscribe to this partisan imbecility liked it better when only one side played that stupid game. I don't have the patience to keep up with everyone's arbitrary definition of sinful behavior. Fortunately it's only a couple more years of this before it fades away again.
    i'm not talking about partisan or politics here, i'm speaking about cultural and moral differences - this is why i keep trying to say "conservative ideologies" without repeating myself too much, because it's not democrats or republicans or voting habits or political leanings.
    there is a substantive difference in perceptions of the world between the leftist liberal cultural view and the rightest conservative cultural view that is independent of political parties.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/offensive

Any other basic English words you want to feign that you don't understand the meaning of?
    I'm offended by you typing on this website. Will you choose to stop, or be a dick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

people of a culturally conservative ideology want to pretend that only applies to bitches, niggers, and faggots because it allows them to have yet another excuse to whine about bitches, niggers, and faggots.
    the truth is that the crusade to squash speech is predominantly being waged by conservative forces, and none of you anti-PC whiners seem willing to recognize that.
    It even has a name people push it forward as into laws. "religious freedom". Meaning they can discriminate against people using it as excuse, but in turn want no criticism or discrimination back, that would now "silence" their "religious freedom"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

All "political correctness" is, is "deciding not to be a dick to people". That's it.
    This is a basic misunderstanding of terminology. PC is a pejorative describing excessive, extreme and unnecessary care.
    Defending excess is hardly a virtue. If you want to discuss that some patterns of speech are not excessive, go ahead; defending the pejorative is highly laughable.
    Just like one can discuss wheres the line beyond which only evil resides, but defending wickedness is imprudent if not dense.

[wiki]
    That's it.
    That's clearly not the end of it. It's just your flimsy attempt at whitewashing a term, with a long and recorded history as a pejorative, through manipulation of the source, depriving it of any relevant context.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-08-29 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    And sometimes you need "tough love".

Let's say you have a fat person. Keep telling them they are beautiful and amazing and essentially -ENABLING- them to continue unhealthy lifestyles and probably die of some health disease due to their weight.

Or -GASP- "be a dick" (I know I am so evil "muh feelings") And encourage them to lose weight and be healthier and overall more happy.

We should stop encouraging people to be so frail, weak, and pathetic to being so deeply traumatized by words. All these PC people likely are going to make horrible parents.
    The fat acceptance movement came about because people think it's okay to fat shame which isn't encouraging them to lose wait and be healthier. Fat Shaming is telling someone they are a disgusting piece of lard. Encouraging someone to lose weight would be talking to them about their weight and the risks it runs for them if it's someone you actually know maybe offering to help them.