Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's something you don't need. It gives you a longer CD HS to new dalaran than the one given for free. It gives you are ilvl ring equal to what you'll get at max level. Old Dalaran ring was at least unique in the sense that there wasn't an alternative to it like there is with the new HS.

The ring serves very few purposes. It makes you not have to upgrade a ring while leveling. It makes you have a pre-raid BiS for some classes and it gives you an extra HS to a place you already have one too. If those things aren't worth 250k to you, don't buy it.

Inflation is everywhere now due to garrisons and Blizzard needs to pull a lot of that money out of the game, hence these items and the 10m cap on BMAH now. I know of 8 people with 50m+ gold. That is enough gold to last forever for multiple people, or to get sold illegally RMT style for 10-12k USD. Both of those things Blizzard doesn't want, so they had to come up with a solution to clearing money out of the game. This is what they came up with.

Buy it or not, that's up to you, but Blizzard intention wasn't for everyone to get this ring.

Well i plan to buy the spider mount as soon as i find the vendor and i just cant wait for all the salty comments i will be getting from people LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Dalaran ring cost in WotLK: 8.5k
    Dalaran ring cost in Legion: 250k

Have they gone fucking mad at Blizzard? If it's going to cost 250k, it should have NO COOLDOWN and even then it would be too much.
    You should have clicked more garrisons. Can't really justify crying if you are too lazy to take free money.

Have they gone fucking mad at Blizzard? If it's going to cost 250k, it should have NO COOLDOWN and even then it would be too much.
    Horrible inflation due to the ridiculous gold in the marketplace now from Garrisons. Why they didn't nerf garrison gold income far back is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    You should have clicked more garrisons. Can't really justify crying if you are too lazy to take free money.
    But it's not free. You're wasting your time in game doing bullshit.

250k\ring that i can throw away in a month\year? no, thanks

"Hey guys, we know we let WoD Garrison gold go wild for so long, but we really enjoyed having those subscriptions running for garrison only - but now, please, will you guys drain some gold out of the game? We'd really appreciate it!"

Deleted
    kill yourself inbreed

Quote Originally Posted by swdan View Post
    250k\ring that i can throw away in a month\year? no, thanks
    Cause it's doing so much just sitting in a virtual pile in our bags, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Hey guys, we know we let WoD Garrison gold go wild for so long, but we really enjoyed having those subscriptions running for garrison only - but now, please, will you guys drain some gold out of the game? We'd really appreciate it!"
    If you actually meant this with any sincerity, please kys. You are far too up your own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Errr what? 1 million gold and you're 'middle class'? Since when has having 1 million gold been anything other than extremely rich? I don't even have more than 8k across all my characters at the moment. How do people even make that much money other than living on the AH?
    Garrisons happened and made 1 million gold "middle class".

Oh hey another knee jerk bitch. How many is that over the past week?

Probably doesn't even have a yak either and bitches about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    To have a nice 850 ring at 101 with an extra Dal heart, I'll pay it without batting an eye. Cannot wait.
    My only problem is that when the first raid comes out it's pretty much obsolete. It's the same as getting a ring in WOD with 620 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account

Another Legion complaint post from JustRob. I feel like the mods needs to create his own special megathread, where all of these garbage posts can be moved to.

You know whats ridiculous? That spider mount for 2million... and I can't wait to blow my whole wad on it!
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-08-29 at 07:25 PM.

Also the new Dalaran ring shares a CD with the old ring that teleports you to Northrend Dalaran

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
    Don't buy it, you really don't need it. Also, WoD inflation.

These types of items are meant to be gold sinks to drain the pockets of garrison millionaires, nothing more, nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Errr what? 1 million gold and you're 'middle class'? Since when has having 1 million gold been anything other than extremely rich? I don't even have more than 8k across all my characters at the moment. How do people even make that much money other than living on the AH?
    If you have > 8k across all of your characters, then you are possibly one or more of the following:

* Not at level cap
    * Recently returned to the game
    * Mostly inactive
    * Not very good with money
    * Not participating in world events
    * Did not do Garrison gold quests

If this is going to be a bis item for some time Im really not a fan of it costing this much. If theres going to be huge inflation/easy money in legion thats fine, but I havent heard anything that would make 250k trivial in the new expansion, and if so the gokd nerf of garrisons and old raids seems to have been completely unnecessary/gratuitous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    8.5k back in wotlk is like 250k today, dunno why you even get mad about it considerin you dont have to buy it
    i remember it taking ages to get even 5k back in wrath meanwhile it's so easy to get even 1 mil in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Another Legion complaint post from JustRob. I feel like the mods needs to create his own special megathread, where all of these garbage posts can be moved to.
    I don't know why the mods don't do anything about people like him. Threads like this make this forum such an awful place to be and bring the entire site quality down, but instead the mods are worried about infracting people for calling each other retards instead. It blows my mind that this thread is an acceptable thread.

Even if the ring is optional, I think 250k is still pretty stupid.

What happened in this game that made people roll in money? Did garrisons really mess up the economy that much? I've never ever had close to a million gold, only a couple hundred thousand from selling WoW tokens

Those two mounts in the millions will be a nightmare to get, but apparently, it's "common" to have that much, these days...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Wrath if u have 100k u where op rich.

Legion u have 1 million and u are middle class citizen.
    lol no. If you have 100k right now you're still way way way above average.

7+ Year Old Account
    Besides the spider mount and the ring, Blizzard should have forced a 25% toll, 25% of the gold across all your toons on your bnet account, to enter Legion.