Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    My only problem is that when the first raid comes out it's pretty much obsolete. It's the same as getting a ring in WOD with 620 ilvl.
    Which seems relatively appropriate. I was getting a ton of gold for 640 LW gear when WoD dropped before.

People with gold to spare will spend whatever it takes to get that extra little push to get them ready to raid ASAP.

And FWIW, ilvl 850 is closer to equivalent to ilvl 655 gear. 850 is going to be the gear level dropped from Normal Emerald Nightmare and normal Highmaul (First WoD raid) dropped 650 gear.
    Last edited by 0bsessions; 2016-08-29 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe you should complain about the spider mount
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you seriously need to take a chill pill.

250k is nothing for lots of players these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one's forcing you to buy it. This isn't Obamacare.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

So don't buy it. What's the problem?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    And FWIW, ilvl 850 is closer to equivalent to ilvl 655 gear.
    *850 is the equivalent of heroic dungeons in WOD which i just looked up was 630 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    You really don't seem to understand how much gold has been put into wow's economy via garrisons and tokens.
    Tokens add zero gold to the economy; people buy tokens for real money from blizzard; blizzard acts as a mediator through their ah and sells the token to a player, who pays for the token with gold they earned in game, blizzard transfers that gold to the player who paid with cash.

Many people didn't make bank from garrisons; people of mmo champ are 'ahead of the curve' in general and still not everyone min/maxed their garrisons on a single toon let alone 11 on every server they had a toon. Now the actual player base who doesn't check forums regularly and just plays the game definitely have a much smaller percentage that maximized gold income from garrisons, now add in the many people who quit, at least 6 million from launch to last sub report.

250k will be too much for most of them; but it was in wrath too, and gold sinks for the 'rich' of wow isn't a terrible thing. It sucks for a lot, they still can't get the yak, let alone the 1 mil and 2 mil mounts that don't offer any services. So is life, you can't always have it all, even if you do your best.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Dalaran ring cost in WotLK: 8.5k
    Dalaran ring cost in Legion: 250k

Have they gone fucking mad at Blizzard? If it's going to cost 250k, it should have NO COOLDOWN and even then it would be too much.
    I was able to make nearly a million gold in a month from barely playing.
    You're complaining about 250k?
    Broke ass.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    8.5k back in wotlk is like 250k today, dunno why you even get mad about it considerin you dont have to buy it
    hes a rage kid. the day he doesnt cry about something is the day he died.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    lol no. If you have 100k right now you're still way way way above average.
    If you can't get 100k, you really are playing WoW wrong. Gold is super easy to get, I don't know how many carpets have to be rolled out for everyone. Completing Loremaster would get you about 25-30k, Run old raids (which gold was nerfed but still is pretty decent.) Auction House....I made 1 million gold off of garrisons over the course of Legion.

Don't know why people complain about gold sinks...so much gold floating around.

no way. as an active player that has no interest in earning gold , and only having 2 maxed garrisons, i earned aprrox. 150 k gold a month since may, when i resubbed. i spent most of it on vendor mounts, and warrior t3 from bmah, but now i have everything and i am happy to see future stuff to spent gold on.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    If you actually meant this with any sincerity, please kys. You are far too up your own ass.
    I won't kill myself, but I nearly cut myself on that edge. It's too edgy for me, Edgemeister.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Dalaran ring cost in WotLK: 8.5k
    Dalaran ring cost in Legion: 250k

Have they gone fucking mad at Blizzard? If it's going to cost 250k, it should have NO COOLDOWN and even then it would be too much.
    Gas was .85 cents a gallon when I was younger, it's 2.89 today! Have they gone fucking mad!!!???
    Calm down a bit. It's easier than ever to get that kind of gold in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you are counting average as a player who logged in for 5 minutes a day and never did anything, then sure.
    We have 1 guild member (Anecdotal, I will admit) who never had gold, and all he did was log in for raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Besides the spider mount and the ring, Blizzard should have forced a 25% toll, 25% of the gold across all your toons on your bnet account, to enter Legion.
    So your comparison is a mount and ring which serve nothing than vanity to actually playing the game?

OP doesn't know what inflation is...

I know op is really serious because he swore in his thread title.

15+ Year Old Account
    250k is a lot, for sure, but it's not that hard to earn gold these days. Especially with Mists of Pandaria raids becoming soloable at 110.

In Warlords I kept subscribed with WoW Tokens just by doing garrison missions on one character. That's about 30k gold on average a month for over a year, and I was able to save up and buy a Grand Expedition Yak, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justrob is insufferable. Like, I'd invite Jaylock for a beer in comparison. Thats how annoying his threads are.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    My only problem is that when the first raid comes out it's pretty much obsolete. It's the same as getting a ring in WOD with 620 ilvl.
    QoL though. Worth every penny.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

You know what grinds my gears? When a price for an item is viewed as a personal insult from Blizz.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)