Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet25 View Post
    I've got about 50k across all characters. What does that make me?
    Broke. I mean you can buy a month and a half of the game time I guess...

It probably actually works out to a similar price compared to the dalaran ring from wotlk when inflation is taken into account...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    8.5k back in wotlk is like 250k today, dunno why you even get mad about it considerin you dont have to buy it
    the only time i had 90k is when i sold a scabbard of kyanos for 70k early wod and bought one for 30k later

had epic flying on most my chars in wotlk. But I guess I did skip out on most of WoD.

i think the least they could do though is make it an asset in battle; a useless trinket if they do not. but either way, I'm personally not interested in acquiring it.

If you had 8.2k to spare in WotLK you where kinda rich, if you have 250k for this ring, it means you actually logged in every other day during WoD and did you garrison, and obtained a million gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Man all you seem to do is post threads with near-single sentence complaints.

Look at the gold inflation since WLK when 8K was "quite a bit". People have literally been making hundreds of thousands of gold with Garrisons for over a year now. That's why some of Legion's goldsinks seem shockingly expensive.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    If you had 8.2k to spare in WotLK you where kinda rich, if you have 250k for this ring, it means you actually logged in every other day during WoD and did you garrison, and obtained a million gold.
    This seems a rather valid perspective. It seems like people are either living (Virtually) "paycheck to paycheck" and have maybe 5-10K gold per character or they are sitting on a ton of gold. There seems to be very little middle ground.

I have about 25K between my characters (11 level 100s on one server) and my wife has about 5K between her two 100s on another server. All told, we're effectively broke, but we only really make gold to spend it. She's much better at playing the AH than me, but she also spends tons of gold on vanity items like mounts and pets.

Also its a raid level ring usable at like 100-101, so of course they are going to charge insane prices for it. Can't afford it? Oh well, I can't either and I'm not whining about it.

Oh look it's JustRob the Jaylock wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    This seems a rather valid perspective. It seems like people are either living (Virtually) "paycheck to paycheck" and have maybe 5-10K gold per character or they are sitting on a ton of gold. There seems to be very little middle ground.

I have about 25K between my characters (11 level 100s on one server) and my wife has about 5K between her two 100s on another server. All told, we're effectively broke, but we only really make gold to spend it. She's much better at playing the AH than me, but she also spends tons of gold on vanity items like mounts and pets.
    Well, my only outcome have been pots/flasks/food in WoD, I never buy mounts or anything, and never really needed gold. Sitting on 800k atm, mostly from my garrison, haven't even tried to get it. And that is my point, with little to no effort during WoD, you could harvest something like 1k/day on each char you had with your Garrison missions.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    the ring is quite worthless, lower ilvl rings with good stats > dala ring, any jc ring> dala ring.

the inflation sucks for anyone that is new to the game or someone that took a break during WoD and not have millions saved up already

month of playing wow cost 70k more worth then that ring

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaah View Post
    As soon as I read the title I knew the zealous circle jerk fanboy squad would make its appeaarance.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Most of the people bashing the OP are well known haters. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    No it wouldn't. I've been doing garrisons on 6 characters and only have 950k

And btw properly doing garrisons would take longer than 10 min per char
    Are you really admitting to being bad at garrisons?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    the ring is quite worthless, lower ilvl rings with good stats > dala ring, any jc ring> dala ring.
    Indeed, the only "need" I would have if I decided to buy this ring, was to make leveling a tad bit easier. But it isn't worth it, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Why isn't this guy banned already? He literally does nothing but bait threads. MMO-C moderators are so fucking terrible at dealing with trolls. They'll be there in a flash for any insults or flaming but they let this filth ride 24/7. So fucking stupid.
    You just described half the people who make threads here. It is a certainty that these asinine threads are allowed as clickbait to gain advertising dollars for Curse.

Honestly given everybody gets a free hearth stone to dalaran I don't see much reason to go after the ring. I could afford it I just don't see the point in bothering.

1.) You get a Dalaran hearthstone.
    2.) You don't need the ring.

Is the ring nice to have? Sure. Is it required? No. You can get other rings. If there was only one other ring you could get, then I could see whining about the new Dalaran one.

FYI, I have the money for the old Dalaran ring several times over. I still haven't bought it. I see no reason to ever buy the new one, either. It's a waste of gold for something I'll replace soon enough. No different than the crappy apexis gear in WoD. It was a waste of gold. But that's the point, isn't it? A gold sink. If people are dumb enough to drop 250k gold on it, good for them. I have no interest in it. I don't hearth that often to need 2 hearthstones to the same place anyway.

ONLY people I can see who may NEED the new ring are those in world first guilds. But in that case, the guild should be forking over the gold for their members to buy it, not force their members to spend their own gold for the ring. If it's for progression of the group as a whole, the guild should pay for it. If it's just because you want it but not really for the guild to progress, then you pay for it (or don't).

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Oh hey another knee jerk bitch. How many is that over the past week?

Probably doesn't even have a yak either and bitches about that too.
    The OP is well known for bitching about literally anything and everything.

if your mad about that ring price.
    so look up the boring spider mount price
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Well, inflation, okay.
    But for several weeks now we are making way less gold than we got used to during WoD.
    I got 30k+ from the gold missions per week, during the last weeks I barely made 20k in total, that is including
    any loot and anything I vendored.

The gold from the garrison was way too much, okay.
    But it all stopped now and on top of that other sources like Cata raids have been nerfed.
    So, Blizzard already put some pretty effective deflation into effect.
    250k is not a goldsink, it makes the ring more unique.
    50k would be a goldsink since ten times more player would buy it.
    Same applies to the 2 mio spider amount that is not even available for purchase that easily.