Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Dude, you are aware that "advertisement" isn't just what you pay for to show up on the TV or journal paper, right? If you are selling a product that catches the media attention and they request you an interview, you’ll be there exposing your product to the public with every question you answer. Thus why many even pay for such media coverage in order to “not really” advertise their products…

As for Sony, sure you might be correct about that, I can even add more to it by saying that Sony probably pressured the shit out of that 15man team forcing them to rush some shit up, but that doesn’t excuse Sean Murray answering shit like “Sooooo, your building this massive multiplayer procedural world…” with a “Right.”, it’s not “right”, it’s clearly “wrong” and he knew that from the start, it’s simply a decision you have to make at very early on game development, that’s simply misleading, arguably lying about his product and it wasn’t the only time he did it.
    He's just straw manning like he has been throughout this entire discussion. We should really all just start ignoring him at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I can't be grasping at straws if it is plain as day "The standard Steam refund policy applies to No Man's Sky. There are no special exemptions available. Click here for more detail on the Steam refund policy." You are so deluded by this need to hate and be right that you can't even see a plain old unbiased factual statement for what it is. Steam refunds are no longer available beyond the normal refund criteria.
    Grasping at straws is exactly what you're doing. Steam may have changed their minds, but the other services/retailers didn't. Which still speaks volumes of how bad the game is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Grasping at straws is exactly what you're doing. Steam may have changed their minds, but the other services/retailers didn't. Which still speaks volumes of how bad the game is.
    I never said other retailers have. I never said steam stating there are no special rules for NMS refunds means the quality of the game has magically changed. I just stated that they changed. Everything I said in regards to the steam refund policy has nothing to do with how good or bad the game is. It is just about the steam refund policy. It sucks that steam would reverse their stance. Let go of your hate.

The amusing thing is that you are doing exactly what you keep accusing me of doing with this line of argument.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-08-29 at 05:23 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    False. I have what most would consider a disposable income, and I find that NMS is not worth $60 at all.
    Everyone who has a computer has a disposable income. The matter is how big. Your's apparently too small. You are one of those "I don't understand why Ferrari costs so much it's just a car. I'm not buying one even if I had the money" guys, the issue is of course you guys don't have enough money to afford even a shitty PO post crash Ferrari with a dead driver in it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Everyone who has a computer has a disposable income. The matter is how big. Your's apparently too small. You are one of those "I don't understand why Ferrari costs so much it's just a car. I'm not buying one even if I had the money" guys, the issue is of course you guys don't have enough money to afford even a shitty PO post crash Ferrari with a dead driver in it.
    Alternatively, folks (including myself) have plenty of disposable income to afford a game like this but feel that there's not enough value delivered for the price, deciding to hold off on purchasing it until it drops in price and either saving the money or spending it on something else.

Also: I get that folks are heated about the game one way or another, but let's stay respectful when discussing the game, even if you disagree on topics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alternatively, folks (including myself) have plenty of disposable income to afford a game like this but feel that there's not enough value delivered for the price, deciding to hold off on purchasing it until it drops in price and either saving the money or spending it on something else.
    Nope. If 60 bucks is considered too much, your disposable income is not that plenty. Because with big enough disposable income 60 bucks is nothing. The only reason to feel sore about it - is if you bought a game for 60 bucks, didn't like it and could not refund.

To give you an example of a disposable income issue: I've never refunded a game on steam. Did I buy a $60 game that I didn't like in the first hour? Plenty. The thought to refund them never occurred to me. Because 60 bucks is not a big deal.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Nope. If 60 bucks is considered too much, your disposable income is not that plenty. Because with big enough disposable income 60 bucks is nothing. The only reason to feel sore about it - is if you bought a game for 60 bucks, didn't like it and could not refund.
    Again, $60 isn't much at all for me, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to go about throwing money around willy nilly. Not doing so is a big reason for why I have that much disposable income in the first place.

Please stop assuming things about other folks, it's pretty rude.

To give you an example of a disposable income issue: I've never refunded a game on steam.
    What a coincidence, nor have I!

Did I buy a $60 game that I didn't like in the first hour? Plenty.
    I wouldn't say I've purchased "plenty" of full priced games that I didn't like after the first hour, but there are definitely a solid handful. So again, we're pretty similar.

The thought to refund them never occurred to me. Because 60 bucks is not a big deal.
    Good for you!

To give you an example of a disposable income issue: I've never refunded a game on steam. Did I buy a $60 game that I didn't like in the first hour? Plenty. The thought to refund them never occurred to me. Because 60 bucks is not a big deal.
    Disposable income still doesn't mean be stupid about it. No man's sky falls into that catagory. I waited. Glad I did.

That money still got spent and I bought other things of course but no man's sky wasn't one of them.

Plenty of disposable income but I'm also a smart shopper. Especially when it comes to games as I find they are getting worse and worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, $60 isn't much at all for me, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to go about throwing money around willy nilly. Not doing so is a big reason for why I have that much disposable income in the first place.
    So you saved? That's savings, not disposable income. Hence why you are so picky with your purchases. And I'm not assuming anything I work with data you provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Disposable income still doesn't mean be stupid about it. No man's sky falls into that catagory. I waited. Glad I did.
    That's subjective experience. I'm having a blast with NMS. Do I claim it's the best buy ever? No.

... or! We could just settle this once and for all in the arena, through sand and blood!
    If differences of opinion could be solved in a Thunderdome, the world would be a much better place.

Deleted
    If differences of opinion could be solved in a Thunderdome, the world would be a much better place.
    My money is on Tina Turner winning.
    She could crush anyone to death with those powerful lungs (& legs) & what a way to go

the thing thats got to me is the ai interaction, I loaded up x-3 TC and played for a bit and just couldn't understand how a game that over a decade old manages to have better ai interaction.

then you have the freighters warping in near you in space, its so canned it breaks the immersion.

why is there no way of finding out information on these freighters, who are they? static meshes obviously. the lack of ship functionality, the lack of real ai interaction the canned space 'event' i would say events but there is only 1 afaik, pirates spawning into attack a freighter.

I had some awe inspiring moments but when you want to get past that and play the game, you'll find there is no game there.

overall it has some moments but nearly every element past the procedural generation has been done so much better in other titles.

Deleted
    what the fuck

so not throwing your money towards literally anything without giving any type of fuck means you don't have a disposable income.

15+ Year Old Account
    ... or! We could just settle this once and for all in the arena, through sand and blood!
    How can we?!?! Sean lied about sand planets being in the game!
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    So you saved? That's savings, not disposable income. Hence why you are so picky with your purchases. And I'm not assuming anything I work with data you provide.
    Actually, both would be discretionary income.

Any-way... any word on a Xbox One version?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfield View Post
    Any-way... any word on a Xbox One version?
    Doubtful, at least for a while. Sony likely secured some form of timed platform exclusive, if not permanent console exclusivity, with the support they threw behind the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    what the fuck

so not throwing your money towards literally anything without giving any type of fuck means you don't have a disposable income.
    No, that's a strawman.

What you think about is this: bitching about a product's price means you don't have an adequate disposable income.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfield View Post
    Actually, both would be discretionary income.
    You are technically correct. But since discretionary income is derived from disposable income this technicality is irrelevant.

Alright, what is/isn't disposable income may be a fascinating topic, but let's keep discussion on-topic please.

Deleted
    No, that's a strawman.

What you think about is this: bitching about a product's price means you don't have an adequate disposable income.
    you said that if 60 bucks is too much for you to spend on a specific game then you don't have a disposable income.

Deleted
    Doubtful, at least for a while. Sony likely secured some form of timed platform exclusive, if not permanent console exclusivity, with the support they threw behind the game.
    That's what I thought as well, but apparently one of the creators hinted at the possibility in an interview at some point or so I was told. So was hoping that perhaps more news had surfaced now that the game is out.

... and the multiplayer.
    The game's so big people just haven't discovered it yet : P