Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No, because this isn't a criminal trial.
    In other words, you can get away with silencing free expression without requiring evidence that the person was actually harassing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Seems rather stupid to ban all American flags. Why not just kick the people out that actually use it to harass people instead instead of one broad blanket ban.

Personally I don't have anything against illegal foreigners, but what if I wanted to wear a jacket to the game with an American flag on it simply because it was my favorite jacket?
    They didn't ban the flag. It was flown at the game. They just stopped kids who had previously used it to taunt people from entering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Paying taxes to the IRS is US loyalty. What do you think pays for our military?
    That's like saying giving money to the mafia for "protection money" is loyalty.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it is logical when you border a 3rd world country where the people are poorer and less educated.
    People still think Mexico is the third world? Wut?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    All flags should be banned everywhere. This is a war we will win, and your children will learn to adapt to the new world.
    Are you also going to ban nations, or are you only banning flags?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Even worse... self flagellation... liberal? White guilt? Vegan? Am I close?
    Not even close... on any of those attempts.

I simply see patriotism as nothing more than a sign of an indoctrinated person. Sure, the United States is a pretty great country, but I'm not going to wave my dick in the air to show how much I love it (unless I'm drunk).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's like saying giving money to the mafia for "protection money" is loyalty.
    Paying taxes to the IRS precisely is US loyalty. It almost entirely goes to supporting our nation within our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    A history of oppression that was adopted from the rest of the world at the time, but put to rest by the US within our borders.
    It was put to rest via the deaths of many people, and the grudging resentment of a large percentage of the populace.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't support not flying/displaying the American flag because of feels. It should never be banned anywhere in the US. EVER.

Only had to look at the link to see it was most likely a jackass with his own flag in the stands doing stupid shit. I'm sure the school still has their flag in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I respect the flag and what it stands for. I pledged allegiance to that flag and It's part of the creed. So, it's unintelligent to say otherwise.
    Why did you Pledge Allegiance? Because you were told to do so. That's why they start kids so young, they just don't know any better. It's also why they decided it was a great place to add "God" into their indoctrination. It's entirely possible to love one's country, and still see no reason to worship it.

- - - Updated - - -

Paying taxes to the IRS precisely is US loyalty. It almost entirely goes to supporting our nation within our borders.
    So does protection money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Mexico isnt 3rd world country by any means but I doubt you have any idea what that term actually means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    http://wncn.com/2016/08/29/sc-high-s...football-game/

The flag was on display, that day and every day, at the school. This thread's title is intentionally misleading.
    Pretty much, they only banned students from carrying them into the stands.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Seems rather stupid to ban all American flags. Why not just kick the people out that actually use it to harass people instead instead of one broad blanket ban.
    If you could read a page or two back you'll see that is what happened.

http://www.snopes.com/high-school-ba...ootball-games/
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post

And? Not sure what the point of linking it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So does protection money.
    Cool, the protection is going good. We are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Mexico is categorically a 3rd world country. Also their average household income and GDP per capita are far below the US.

Mexico is categorically a 3rd world country. Also their average household income and GDP per capita are far below the US.
    Please look up definition of a 3rd world country since you dont seem to understand it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You don't have a right to harass people on school grounds. Tough shit. If they want to hold a march downtown, they are more than welcome.
    Yep. The principle should ban the people committing the harassment on school grounds. Banning people from carrying the flag because it was used to harass someone is NOT solving the problem. The real issue, that being the people doing the harassing, is.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2016-08-29 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Yep. The principle should ban the people committing the harassment on school grounds. Banning the flag because it was used to harass someone is NOT solving the problem. The real issue, that being the people doing the harassing, is.

They banned the one person from bringing in a flag. Not everyone.

The real issue here is people getting outraged without knowing the true story.

Cool, the protection is going good. We are safe.

And we are also spending far more than we should. We are trying to force our strategic mission on countries across the globe, including the killing of a great many innocent people. I'm not a big fan of oppression, no thanks.