Templates Will Change Often... So Play What You Want

The new template system allows Blizzard to quickly turn the dials on and tweak specs quickly--and without the risk of impacting their PVE balance. While I think in the long run this is a good thing, it also means that changes will probably be faster coming than we've ever seen in the history of the game. Just over the past few weeks, we have seen how quickly shipping out a few small adjustments can drastically affect the meta. DKs, Mages, DHs, and Warlocks have all been impacted.

As we enter the final day pre-launch, many of us are still trying to settle on a main. My advice is to not pick your class based on how it performs now or in beta, because if it is OVER or UNDER-powered, chances are pretty good Blizzard will be making changes--now more than ever, because it has become so much more easy for them to.

The new template system allows Blizzard to quickly turn the dials
    'They can do it' and 'They will do it' are two big differences. They COULD HAVE fixed warlords of draenor, but they didn't. And as we all know, blizzard doesn't like small tuning every week or two. they like giant patches every 6 months that completely wreck everything.

Still. I hope that this time -- for once -- they'd use what they got to properly respond to feedback as needed. Even though beta had once again proven they only really listen when EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD is telling them how broken some things are (eg. sub rogue; It's not even really been fixed, just made less retarded), and even that with a very cherry-picking attitude.

"Hey, DKs are middle of the pack! Better nerf DKs! What? Mages topping everything? Duh, buff them!".
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2016-08-29 at 08:52 AM.

They've said with artifact weapons being hard to level up they won't be making huge changes with regards to balance, even with PVP templates the artifact comment still holds water. So I wouldn't expect to have one spec being gods one day and shit the next

I'm just afraid that World PvE will once again be dominated by raiders, I don't think I can handle another expansion of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I'm just afraid that World PvE will once again be dominated by raiders, I don't think I can handle another expansion of that.
    How so?

PVPers and raiders can get the same ilvl gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    They've said with artifact weapons being hard to level up they won't be making huge changes with regards to balance, even with PVP templates the artifact comment still holds water. So I wouldn't expect to have one spec being gods one day and shit the next
    "They've said" a lot of things, but a lot of crap has been spewed from the Mouth of Sauron (Blizz PR/spin dept.) which doesn't match the reality in the game.

For example, Affliction actually did go from "being gods one day and shit the next". If you've been paying attention since alpha you'd know that.

A company can say anything it wants because talk is cheap. You have to be aware enough to know that it is just them doing CYA or you'll get suckered. Judge from what is actually in the game, not what some CM like Lore or Ion says.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Templates mean jack shit. They've had the ability to tune pvp dmg/heal values specifically for pvp for quite some time now. Did you notice anything special? Constant changes? Elemental was garbage for the most expansion and it took them 1,5 year to buff lava burst for pvp only. Rat paladin was op for 1-2 months at the start, then after getting nerfed, it remained dumpster material for the entire expansion. Why would i ever believe anything they state? It even took them months to tone down tanks in beta which was a simple template tuning.

This was pretty much what i was thinking all day. Warlock went from hero to zero in a matter of 2 weeks. Do i devote all my time leveling the artifacts and whatnot hoping blizzard will "quickly tune the templates" or am i gonna get ret paladined?

World pvp died when they made feral druid good in wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Templates mean jack shit. They've had the ability to tune pvp dmg/heal values specifically for pvp for quite some time now. Did you notice anything special? Constant changes? Elemental was garbage for the most expansion and it took them 1,5 year to buff lava burst for pvp only. Rat paladin was op for 1-2 months at the start, then after getting nerfed, it remained dumpster material for the entire expansion. Why would i ever believe anything they state? It even took them months to tone down tanks in beta which was a simple template tuning.

This was pretty much what i was thinking all day. Warlock went from hero to zero in a matter of 2 weeks. Do i devote all my time leveling the artifacts and whatnot hoping blizzard will "quickly tune the templates" or am i gonna get ret paladined?
    To be fair, if affl went live like it was the game would've been unplayable garbage in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    World pvp died when they made feral druid good in wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, if affl went live like it was the game would've been unplayable garbage in pvp.
    How does... How does a spec being good/bad make world PvP good/bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Icehotshot View Post
    How so?

It's not about the item lvl of the gear. The PvE armor sets and trinkets will have OP bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    It's not about the item lvl of the gear. The PvE armor sets and trinkets will have OP bonuses.
    That isn't confirmed.

All that is confirmed is that blizzard stated "...the best players in both PvP and PvE content will be able to earn the best gear."

Best gear would mean full tier set + trinkets, no? And blizzard also stated there is no PVP specific gear, which means they must drop the same trinkets as from raiding, however I suppose that does not confirm tier sets dropping in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    How does... How does a spec being good/bad make world PvP good/bad?
    Stealth class that can run away whenever it wants and chase you down forever. Feral being good ruins pvp.

For some reason they have been nefing UH DK when it was a slightly above average class yet fire mage and sub rogue are still insanely OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

It's Sub now, with WW and Fire right behind it. Beyond that, the overall mechanics of Legion PvP and gear/power grind is all fucked up.

Blizz will lol to the bank for getting your 50-60 bucks even when people quit after a month or two. They'll still have made their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Icehotshot View Post
    How so?

PvP will give the same Ilvl gear as PvE?

Stealth class that can run away whenever it wants and chase you down forever. Feral being good ruins pvp.
    Did you get rekt by a feral druid or something? Sure it was pre-patch but I burst one down in a single Battle Cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Yes, has been confirmed by Blizzard.

Top pvpers and raiders will have the same ilvl gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Did you get rekt by a feral druid or something? Sure it was pre-patch but I burst one down in a single Battle Cry.
    Since vanilla people have always complained about feral despite it rarely being "OP", it's just an annoying spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    just pick rogue or mage, blizz has always made them good in pvp. dont play want you want. play what blizz makes op

Yeah rogues are mental right now. Being able to stun 4 times in a row is insanity.