Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    The main reason I think it won't work is this:

Many people want to keep their group of social friends separate from their gaming friends. For many of us, games are an escape from things like facebook.
    True, and also because a lot of people have invested time & money into Steam. I like to keep my games in the same spot as much as companies allow me and Steam will not be dethroned in that regard.

And I really don't want my gaming habits to be broadcasted to my Facebook friend list. Why? Gaming still has a social stigma attached to it. My close friends & relatives know I game, but I don't need to have the majority of my Facebook acquaintances to know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh look someone else competing with steam. Unless they can transfer your library of games over to facebook for free this is going to be another niche thing like origins.
    The Origin niche works because certain games are Origin-specific (like Dragon Age 2/Inquisition). If this Facebook platform won't have an exclusive contract with a publisher, then I don't see how it will even become a niche, except for the Farmville crowd.

Deleted
    " The resource cannot be found. "

Other sites removed it too. o0

http://gizpress.com/facebook-to-laun...aming-platform

The Origin niche works because certain games are Origin-specific (like Dragon Age 2/Inquisition).
    That's what I'm saying. Origin works cause EA locks their shit behind it. How is it going to work for facebook? It's just going to be a steam copy paste but nobody is going to take the jump because steam already has everything and all their games already.

The rich just want more money then they know what to do with and it's fucking pathetic.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Can safely say if it happens I won't use it, as a company director I don't want the whole world to know what video games I play in my spare time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The faster horse story from Ford..

You are not seeing the big picture. Facebook isn´t going to try to bring ´gamers´ over from steam, what they are going to do is extend facebook games to PC downloads. Different target audience.
    The people focusing on games from facebook are not the kind that are going to be your regular steam gamers, which i pointed out. I would dare to bet that target audience doesn't even own a laptop let alone a desktop pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Once upon a time no one thought Nintendo could be dethroned in the console race, and we all know what happened.

Once upon a time Apple was on it's death bed getting destroyed by microsoft, and we all know what happened.

Never say never.
    Steam invest and extends too much in this current climate to be easily surpassed, what i'm saying is that they aren't a competition for them on their audience, which is what you are saying when it comes to apple and steam story. Remember that apple got their new wind after they stopped competing on the OS level and went for branching out in other hardware. When it comes to OS microsoft is still king in terms of users.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i mean gog is doing pretty okay
    GoG doesn't focus on the same games as steam does, their library is mostly other games, older games by offering this different catalogue and a different approach to DRM they are able to carve out their own market, compared to steam they are still small but they are large enough on the global market to keep on going and growing.

I hate Facebook.

Not even remotely interested in this as I already have Steam and Origin, but as others have already said as a PC gamer I don't think I'm even part of the target audience for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    facebook will give you ads while playing games

Yeah...unless Facebook plans on pumping out quality games or somehow convincing companies to risk going to them instead of steam, I doubt it will go well for them.

If anything, it's probably just going to have things like Candy Crush and Farmville all in one launcher outside of Facebook maybe. But if all sources are disappearing, who knows whats up then.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol yeah, now every time your Facebook gets hacked, there goes your games! Facebook needs to actually try to have some sort of security for people to trust them enough to use a service like that of theirs.
    I honestly just don't see it happening, but I guess if you can brainwash people into actually using something as awful as Facebook, then you can just as easily brainwash them into using your distribution platform.

Deleted
    So you are telling me that Farmville and freaking Candy crush can compete with CS:GO, CoD and problably every single insanly high graphic indie on the market?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Looks like they all got...

/sunglasses

...Zuckerburned.

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■),

i guess there is one way to make it work. Tie every Oculus game to the client.
    I wouldn't put that past him, although I think it'd kill the Oculus chances of getting popular.

Quote Originally Posted by bL0ood eLf View Post
    So you are telling me that Farmville and freaking Candy crush can compete with CS:GO, CoD and problably every single insanly high graphic indie on the market?
    Why do you think they need to win? It is a huge marketplace, Facebook only needs to expand past what they offer from facebook. There are millions of casual facebook users who have never heard of Steam. If only a fraction of them transfer from facebook website to the facebook game platform, it could be a huge deal.