Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not bothering to read. Either it's a dumb PC decision, or someone was literally racist-ranting with a flag last game and they're just done with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems there is some updated info on this story:
    High school that banned U.S. flag at football game reverses decision

“Effective immediately, students are allowed to bring the American Flag to any and all Travelers Rest High School events,” the statement read.

“Instead of restricting possession of the flag, the TRHS administration will, if needed, address the misuse of the Flag, or any other inappropriate behavior, on an individual basis.”
    This is the appropriate reaction to harassment.

Edit :
    I've been looking for information on specific incidences of harassment but haven't found anything. Not seeing anything. Getting the impression that the principal is a bit over zealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Loyalty in a border is also ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

But what a flag represents is a subjective thing. Does it represent the rugged individualism of many Americans, or the genocide and enslavement of humans? Should it represent everything done under that flag? If so, then I would be very hesitant to wave any flag.

- - - Updated - - -

They sing the National Anthem at games as a form of political indoctrination. It's no different than having children recite the Pledge of Allegiance... it's all just a form of brainwashing.

Such a dark and dismal life you lead.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Where is the prolonged part in this story? Where is the uneven part in this story?
    OR

It does not have to be all those things.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

Edit :
    I've been looking for information on specific incidences of harassment but haven't found anything. Not seeing anything. Getting the impression that the principal is a bit over zealous.
    Evidence? You expect minor harassment incidents at some school in bumfuck nowhere to have an online paper trail?

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Such a dark and dismal life you lead.
    I'm actually a pretty happy person. I simply see no reason to be nationalistic and brainwashed.

10+ Year Old Account

They must've been balls deep in a tumblr sesh when they made the decision in the first place.

At least they got it right eventually.

OR

It does not have to be all those things.
    "prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control."

Prolonged is a required qualifier in that sentence. Your definition of oppression is stupidly loose, to the point of being meaningless. Are speed limits oppression? Is it oppression if I can't tell my teacher to fuck off without getting in trouble?

7+ Year Old Account
    Evidence? You expect minor harassment incidents at some school in bumfuck nowhere to have an online paper trail?
    Seriously? With how much time kids spend online these days? Yeah, I did think there was a chance of finding something.

Seriously? With how much time kids spend online these days? Yeah, I did think there was a chance of finding something.
    No, not really. CNN isn't interviewing random kids from every High School in America to find out when Jimmy offended Juan.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. CNN isn't interviewing random kids from every High School in America to find out when Jimmy offended Juan.
    Who the fuck said anything about CNN? Oh shit, you got me defending things I didn't say. God dam you people and your misdirection bullshit.

"prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control."

Prolonged is a required qualifier in that sentence. Your definition of oppression is stupidly loose, to the point of being meaningless. Are speed limits oppression? Is it oppression if I can't tell my teacher to fuck off without getting in trouble?
    No, it's not a required qualifier, you want to make it one.

And yes, those can be construed as minor forms of oppression. Feel free to tell your teacher whatever you like. If someone oppresses you, I will support you. If you wish to oppress someone else, I will oppose you.

No, it's not a required qualifier, you want to make it one.
    Now we have reached the point where you deny how adjectives work because it is bad for your argument.

And yes, those can be construed as minor forms of oppression. Feel free to tell your teacher whatever you like. If someone oppresses you, I will support you. If you wish to oppress someone else, I will oppose you.
    Yeah, you don't know or care what oppression is or means. Your own pet definition of oppression is "Being disallowed from taking an action you wish to take". That's not the definition anywhere except your arrogant, dickhead brain. I know you won't report me for saying that, because you don't believe that adjectives exist, so the use of arrogant and dickhead there don't mean anything.

Now we have reached the point where you deny how adjectives work because it is bad for your argument.

Yeah, you don't know or care what oppression is or means. Your own pet definition of oppression is "Being disallowed from taking an action you wish to take". That's not the definition anywhere except your arrogant, dickhead brain. I know you won't report me for saying that, because you don't believe that adjectives exist, so the use of arrogant and dickhead there don't mean anything.
    It's never oppression to those doing the oppressing.

Surely you would then be fine with a school turning away someone with a rainbow flag, and not permitting them on the grounds, right? Why stop there? What else should we ban, since it may offend someone?

I would never report you. Unlike you, I don't want to restrict an action which causes no harm. I'm not such a pussy, that I would feel compelled to stop others from doing things that may hurt my feelers. That's to be left up to SJW pansies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I think Canadians should be loyal to Canada.

If you're a dual citizen who pays taxes to both governments, then in that case I think it could be logical to have both flags. Most people are not dual citizens though.
    i cant speech for all dual citizens but my loyalty would go to the shared culture and family background. so kind of consider canada aus england NZ and america to be my country

a flag seems kind of like a cop out were people can rally around something with little or very subjective meaning

wait, what kind of inbred nitwit brought an american flag to a highschool hand-egg game between 2 american teams?

With that flag you could be cheering for either team..

bring the fucking banner for the schools at least!
    I've no idea what to write here.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Sigh.

http://www.snopes.com/high-school-ba...ootball-games/

While a South Carolina high school principal prevented a student from bringing a U.S. flag to a football game, the school did not issue a ban on the Stars and Stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    wait, what kind of inbred nitwit brought an american flag to a highschool hand-egg game between 2 american teams?

I have never seen that reference to a football. I may borrow that from you in the future. Thanks for the laugh.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, just going by what the article said :

Hmmm, yeah, my second sentence should have read:
    Banning the people from carrying the flag because it was used to harass someone is NOT solving the problem.
    It's called click bait. Keep the story are true as possible while still lying.

http://www.snopes.com/high-school-ba...ootball-games/

Also. yes it did fix the issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post

Exactly, if their loyalty is to the same country, there wont be any reason the flag is offensive.