Did anyone actually reproduce this Arms simulation result in game on the beta? I just can't believe something would have been THAT off in what I was doing. I was only ilvl 843 on beta, but damn. I didn't see numbers anywhere close to 339k without any legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    create a separate macro with FR + hamstring and set to mouse wheel up and have only FR alone in mouse weel up isnot what i call "dedication"
    Yeah, just a theory. People who frequently post on forums, create and read guides etc are a minority. So what if it's actually super easy, it's a trick you learn by actually trying to learn, not just settling on "I gonna press whatever". And it's up to a player if he wants to abuse that trick (that makes your gameplay agruably worse) to get measily 2% dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Did anyone actually reproduce this Arms simulation result in game on the beta? I just can't believe something would have been THAT off in what I was doing. I was only ilvl 843 on beta, but damn. I didn't see numbers anywhere close to 339k without any legendaries.
    Most shown sims are from tier 19 mythic with full epics obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Most shown sims are from tier 19 mythic with full epics obviously.
    Hm, the one I saw was the T19P. which I understood to be the 850ilvl simulation. Showing 339k for Arms, and the 100k difference between Arms and Fury.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hm, the one I saw was the T19P. which I understood to be the 850ilvl simulation. Showing 339k for Arms, and the 100k difference between Arms and Fury.
    Are you referring to this?

downloads.simulationcraft.org/Gahddo/raid_00.html

That entire sim seems completely out of whack. MM is that low? I'm not an expert but I feel like there's something deeply wrong with the way they ran that sim - none of it really makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post

That entire sim seems completely out of whack. MM is that low? I'm not an expert but I feel like there's something deeply wrong with the way they ran that sim - none of it really makes sense.
    Shadow priests are both top and bottom of the charts... (yes i realize its surrender to madness but its still funny)

I wanna see what the dps meters are for each spec of warrior (2 arms and 1 fury) at 820/850/870 ilvl. That would be more meaningful to me
    Last edited by thefatty01; 2016-08-29 at 10:56 PM.

Yes, it's been reproduced. Keep in mind this is a raid simulation which includes things like Bloodlust, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Hunter is probably the worst maintained module. I personally can't speak for the veracity of other specs, but I can say that Arms/Fury are pretty accurate (obviously there's always room for error and optimization).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    Shadow priests are both top and bottom of the charts... (yes i realize its surrender to madness but its still funny)
    S2M is a really weird talent, just look at the amount of variance.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I don't understand your question.

I did approve the guide, and it is a good guide. It's damn near a mirror of the one I wrote directly for WoWhead. The only difference is that I just give IV the info rather than writing it directly and they change some of the wording. Occasionally this means information is misinterpreted, or simply slower to update, but that's pretty rare.

The guide was just updated today for Legion. Every idiot saying it's not right because it doesn't say FR is the best is just that, an idiot, because they fail to realize that FR is only any good during Legion and prior to today the guide was written for pre-patch.
    I have to thank you for confirming that you actually approve/contribute the guide. Icy-veins has had some bad advice in the past for some specs and it always led me to wonder if the people they claim approved the guides actually did approve it, or if they were just bullshitting and slapping on some big name to make their guides look more professional.

Yes, it's been reproduced. Keep in mind this is a raid simulation which includes things like Bloodlust, etc.
    Indeed, 6/6 exploit is obviously a pretty dig deal. And I see you basically have perfect 850ilvl stats. That makes a little more sense. Still slightly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I have to thank you for confirming that you actually approve/contribute the guide. Icy-veins has had some bad advice in the past for some specs and it always led me to wonder if the people they claim approved the guides actually did approve it, or if they were just bullshitting and slapping on some big name to make their guides look more professional.
    I took over IV during WoD, and while I won't try to say it's always right, I can say that it's as up to date as any other guide on the web.... though I suppose that isn't saying much considering I write those too.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, 6/6 exploit is obviously a pretty dig deal. And I see you basically have perfect 850ilvl stats. That makes a little more sense. Still slightly surprising.
    Na, the P profiles are 840 with only 19 traits. They do relic stack, but that hardly makes or breaks the spec. I know it doesn't seem right (and it shouldn't be!), but it really is simply as FR being so strong and the talents/traits it uses synergizing so damn well.

Na, the P profiles are 840 with only 19 traits. They do relic stack, but that hardly makes or breaks the spec. I know it doesn't seem right (and it shouldn't be!), but it really is simply as FR being so strong and the talents/traits it uses synergizing so damn well.
    Right, but the link I saw all the gear had mastery. Which was 22% more than I had on beta, and relic stacking, plus a few other more optimal stats. I can see how all that would start to make some large differences from what I had seen with my random gear on beta and kinda shitty relics.

can't be accurate. fire mages too low =P
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Best talents for leveling?

I was thinking of 1311112. Any other suggestions?

Right, but the link I saw all the gear had mastery. Which was 22% more than I had on beta, and relic stacking, plus a few other more optimal stats. I can see how all that would start to make some large differences from what I had seen with my random gear on beta and kinda shitty relics.
    It was running full haste/crit gear before, which is terrible for Arms and was recently switched. Granted in beta most people had shitty gear because they weren't min/maxing, but you're going to be picking up the right stuff for live. P = pre-raid, in other words the stuff you're planning to go into raid with, so it's fairly realistic for anyone who wants to min/max. In fact, it's actually tuned to 840, not 850, so the real min/max crew will have an extra 10 ilvls on it.

Truthfully, the gear isn't completely optimized either, in that it could be better. It doesn't have sockets for one, and for another, it only went with high mastery items without regard for the second stat. It also skips any crafted gear or (dungeon) tier bonuses.

I was gonna go 1312222. Basically, building for just quickly bursting down some small mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    I was gonna go 1312222. Basically, building for just quickly bursting down some small mobs.
    I think Second Wind is going to be mandatory to avoid down-time. Mortal Combo probably is better than I4TK. The best way to level is pulling as much as possible, which means being able to burst really well with AoE is important. That's why I think Deadly Calm is good, lets you spam WW and shit during battle cry for good AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by pibacc View Post
    I think Second Wind is going to be mandatory to avoid down-time. Mortal Combo probably is better than I4TK. The best way to level is pulling as much as possible, which means being able to burst really well with AoE is important. That's why I think Deadly Calm is good, lets you spam WW and shit during battle cry for good AoE.
    See, I plan to burn 1-2 down asap at a time. USing Victory Rush to handle the majority of my sustain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm delicious FR Arms goodness.

Too bad starting Prot.

First post here guys, and also I can't say I've read through all 250+ pages so please bear with me.

I have a question on the Focused Rage build. I am of the understanding that Hamstring and Focused Rage have their own GCD and as such can be spammed together. So I macro'd the 2 abilities together. I was playing with the FR talent and other today just to get a feel for the spec, and I just ended up macro'ing Whirlwind together with Hamstring and FR. (with the Fervor of Battle talent.) When under the effects of Battle Cry it's all free (Deadly calm talent.) and even more chances of Tactician proc'ing.

Is what I'm doing correct? I figure the only downside is that if I proc tactician I may be locked out by the GCD for the 1 or 1.5 seconds. Is that really that bad for the spec? I imagine once people start getting Shattered Defenses that GCD might really start getting in the way. For leveling at least, it seems to be working out for me.

Would anyone have any input or comments about this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOpposition View Post
    First post here guys, and also I can't say I've read through all 250+ pages so please bear with me.

I have a question on the Focused Rage build. I am of the understanding that Hamstring and Focused Rage have their own GCD and as such can be spammed together. So I macro'd the 2 abilities together. I was playing with the FR talent and other today just to get a feel for the spec, and I just ended up macro'ing Whirlwind together with Hamstring and FR. (with the Fervor of Battle talent.) When under the effects of Battle Cry it's all free (Deadly calm talent.) and even more chances of Tactician proc'ing.

Is what I'm doing correct? I figure the only downside is that if I proc tactician I may be locked out by the GCD for the 1 or 1.5 seconds. Is that really that bad for the spec? I imagine once people start getting Shattered Defenses that GCD might really start getting in the way. For leveling at least, it seems to be working out for me.

Would anyone have any input or comments about this?
    I don't think FoB is the goto talent, but yes that sounds like it could work and be made rather simply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    See, I plan to burn 1-2 down asap at a time. USing Victory Rush to handle the majority of my sustain.
    Might wanna run Sweeping Strikes then? I used it in the Beta and I liked it. Any input on SS anybody? 3311222 for me probably