Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I mean look at the story of Garrosh. In BC he's an emo edgy man child. In Wrath he's a warrior and leader. In Cata he becomes Warchief. In Mists he becomes super ultra edgy warchief. Sloppiest story ever.
    I agree, it was total bullshit with Garrosh. Blizzard have previously admitted that they were originally going to keep Garrosh as the wrath/cataclysm guy but they threw him under the bus because WoW needed a villian.

Gul'dan has exactly ZERO clean kills over a major lore hero. He sucks. They let him kill Varian but it was cheap because Gul'dan had vastly superior numbers vs an exhausted Varian so it wasn't clean.

We need some villains to go over CLEAN on major heroes. No self sacrifice. No "I'm surrounded". 1 vs 1 at full power.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Gul'dan has exactly ZERO clean kills over a major lore hero. He sucks. They let him kill Varian but it was cheap because Gul'dan had vastly superior numbers vs an exhausted Varian so it wasn't clean.

We need some villains to go over CLEAN on major heroes. No self sacrifice. No "I'm surrounded". 1 vs 1 at full power.
    I don't think the phrase "clean kill" would ever occur to Gul'dan, he probably goes out of his way to avoid the stink of honor in his dealings. He's not one for self-sacrifice, either; not when someone else (anyone else) is better suited in the role of the potential sacrifice. He would fight from a position of obvious advantage or not at all - cowardice is just a tool to him to be employed to win a later fight from a better position.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think the phrase "clean kill" would ever occur to Gul'dan, he probably goes out of his way to avoid the stink of honor in his dealings. He's not one for self-sacrifice, either; not when someone else (anyone else) is better suited in the role of the potential sacrifice. He would fight from a position of obvious advantage or not at all - cowardice is just a tool to him to be employed to win a later fight from a better position.
    I don't care how it is justified, he's just another random baddie that can't score a clean kill on any major hero. Wake me up when someone rips thrall's head off in 1v1 combat and wears it as a necklace.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    taylor?no, he was useless and got lulzsmashed by some necromancer.
    nazgrim? no he wasnt good, he was amazing!
    Yea taylor just seemed boring. At least nazgrim felt like he had development and brought us the phrase "Thrall's Balls"

You're too sweet.

Unlike the other hundreds of people lately that have been calling me a "shit wizard."
    Cool as a cucumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Taylor and Nazgrim were good characters?
    Nazgrim was moderately cool because he was the epitome of orc honor and being an orc warrior. Nazgrim was made out to be a leader of orcs.

Taylor was just a generic human, which is frankly kind of boring. He was pretty much how i imagine all of the nameless Stormwind guards.

OT: Khadgar and Gul'dan are the two best characters we have seen in WoW. Arthas and Illidan had the potential to be this awesome in their WoW appearances but weren't (Illidan can hopefully be in his return).
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2016-08-30 at 02:05 AM.

Deleted
    I have already suggested in the Four Horsemen mega-thread that we should have Taylor as the fourth horseman, and people scoffed at the notion because of what he became in Draenor.

I really think Taylor would be more compelling than Darion as the 4th horseman, because the latter is more major; he should have been given the same treatment as Tirion, Varian and Vol'jin. It was great to see characters dying left and right, and the more major ones should stay dead in my opinion.

Khadgar might be Blizz's best written character ever. And Gul'dan is certainly a compelling villain.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I'm not really into Khadgar and can't understand why people like him. He is actually the same character as Tirion, Malfurion or Velen, only in Mage, this Neutral Nice Guy who was stolen from the Alliance. The biggest innovation among this Character was his Thrall Persona in Cataclysm, when he once in a lifetime stole a character from the Horde.

And I think people liked Nazgrim and Taylor because both were down on earth characters, only soldiers of their faction without some superpowers or prophecy or shit.
    Really !?
    out of all char you must say Malfurion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I have already suggested in the Four Horsemen mega-thread that we should have Taylor as the fourth horseman, and people scoffed at the notion because of what he became in Draenor.

I really think Taylor would be more compelling than Darion as the 4th horseman, because the latter is more major; he should have been given the same treatment as Tirion, Varian and Vol'jin. It was great to see characters dying left and right, and the more major ones should stay dead in my opinion.
    he is already a ghost
    so.... what we can do

- - - Updated - - -

Khadgar at the moment is the same lvl as Thrall back in Cata, the guy who tell me what to do and where to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I'm an unabashed fanboy of AU Gul'dan. He's the first villain in World of Warcraft to truly be set up properly. I'm sure some of you will argue the Lich King, but honestly, all he ever did in that expansion was issue threats. He was carried through that expansion by reputation alone. Gul'dan actually built himself up from the very bottom, schemed and plotted his way to the top, and has on a number of occasions made us feel truly helpless. Man, that Broken Shore cinematic...you can't help but truly loathe him. Given that he's been able to elicit some strong feelings, when he's a product of an alternate timeline story almost universally disliked, really speaks to the effectiveness of the character.

One thing I wish they would do, however, is somehow have him fuse with the spirit of MU Gul'dan. Because MU Gul'dan has a history with a lot of characters that AU Gul'dan just doesn't. His rivalry with Khadgar would be so much better if he actually had the memories of the old Gul'dan. While AU Gul'dan has now built up quite a reputation of his own, it would be nice if he had a deeper connection to Azeroth, the Alliance and the Horde.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Do you agree or do you agree ?
    Neither as we got Khadgar two expansions before Taylor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Neither as we got Khadgar two expansions before Taylor
    It's obvious what they meant, come on.

Also, Khadgar has been around for way too long before TBC, since you felt like being technical.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar has been around for way too long before TBC, since you felt like being technical.
    Well so was AU Gul'dan we just didn't know about him as the devs hadn't jumped the shark yet. Khadgar was added to WoW in TBC.

Deleted
    Well so was AU Gul'dan we just didn't know about him as the devs hadn't jumped the shark yet. Khadgar was added to WoW in TBC.
    So was Nazgrim and Taylor then, but we didn't know about them! :V

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I'm an unabashed fanboy of AU Gul'dan. He's the first villain in World of Warcraft to truly be set up properly.
    Really?

When we first met him he was basically Grom's bitch, being used as a mana battery, then we met him a few times in quests including one where he got outsmarted by Cho'Gall, then finally he ruined WoD (or what was left of it) by robbing us of our Grom kill and instead of fighting us himself swerved us again with a lame Archimonde 2.0.

He just comes across as lame to me, overall I think Garrosh was set up better and I considered him the worst villain until AU Gul'Dan...

- - - Updated - - -

So was Nazgrim and Taylor then, but we didn't know about them! :V
    I'm not sure if you're missing the point or being deliberately obtuse. Khadgar was in the game before Taylor and Nazgrim were added, AU Gul'Dan was added to the game later. Of course all of them existed before the game's timeline started (obvious due to their age) but that's the order they were introduced in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Do you agree or do you agree ?

P.S. Well maybe excepting Wrathion
    All characters you mentioned were and are garbage. Unless you are, like, 5 years of age and don't want to get confused by complex characters.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if you're missing the point or being deliberately obtuse
    Neither. I am messing with you.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Neither. I am messing with you.
    Ahh lol, sorry didn't get much sleep last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like them too. And the audio drama helped in making me like them. There was some actual emotion in it, where one can almost relate with Gul'dan , and certainly with Khadgar.

I really want Khadgar to become Guardian, but the story seems to not really seem to be going there.

I also really want Illidan - Guldan interaction, as much as possible. MU Gul'dan was such an integral part in Illidan's story, and getting to experience them actually interacting after all this would be amazing.