Is realmpop.com still accurate?

Trying to pick a realm for tonight.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TifosiMW View Post
    Trying to pick a realm for tonight.

Never really was accurate. Depended on too many things.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Never really was accurate. Depended on too many things.
    Yeah I always wondered about that actually. Any suggestions for an active PST realm? Actually I'm up all night. I'd probably need something that comes alive after midnight PST.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I always wondered about that actually. Any suggestions for an active PST realm? Actually I'm up all night. I'd probably need something that comes alive after midnight PST.

I play EST server so I can't help sorry

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I play EST server so I can't help sorry
    Np. Thanks anyway.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like oceanic realms would suit your time better. midnight PDT is 5pm in aus so everyone getting home from work etc and getting online around then. Oceanic servers are hosted in Aussie though so you will get higher latency etc

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Sounds like oceanic realms would suit your time better. midnight PDT is 5pm in aus so everyone getting home from work etc and getting online around then. Oceanic servers are hosted in Aussie though so you will get higher latency etc
    Maybe could try one of the non-Oceanic servers that used to be unofficial Aussie servers before we had Oceanic servers? Blackrock, Proudmoore, Daggerspine? They may still have larger populations of Aussie-timezone players?

For Horde-PVE,
    Hyjal is pretty much the only relatively med/high-population one left!

Proudmore if you wanna play Alliance-PVE.

As others have said...if you find your ping <200~ you can try some of the Oceanic servers

I was considering Proudmore but isn't it totally lopsided ratio wise? Or does that not matter anymore?

If you're choosing a PVE server, the other faction does not matter at all.
    The only reason to choose a certain server is the Economy/AH and if there are enough guilds on there to satisfy your raiding needs.
    Cross-realm raiding can/is a thing, but if you intend to raid Mythic, most guilds want you to be on-realm.

Australian servers are already at max capacity.

Fuck off we're full
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Australian servers are already at max capacity.

Fuck off we're full
    us blackrock is full?

Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    If you're choosing a PVE server, the other faction does not matter at all.
    The only reason to choose a certain server is the Economy/AH and if there are enough guilds on there to satisfy your raiding needs.
    Cross-realm raiding can/is a thing, but if you intend to raid Mythic, most guilds want you to be on-realm.
    I'll probably wind up going to Proudmore. Thanks for the input.