Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I'm sorry, I don't buy this Nightmare nonsense (Some spoilers)

So...Xavius can just throw a [plot device] to Ysera and corrupt her and then we have to kill her. Ok. Yeah, no.

I know that we're playing World of Corruptioncraft and it's fantasy & it takes a certain amount of suspension of disbelief but this plot is just so fucking lazy, I mean sure Xavius is a badass but why doesn't he corrupt Malfurion on the spot instead? How can he just corrupt Ysera with a flick of his wrist? Why doesn't he try to corrupt the player too? What immunity do Malfurion and player have that motherfucking Dragon Aspect doesn't (Don't give me Dragon Soul stuff, she's not the Aspect anymore but it's still one of the eldest dragons ever and that's fucking something in fantasy)

It's just so fucking lazy that it makes me mad. Really, I'm triggered by how lazy this was. I'm not a writer or anything but even I could write a better corruption story for Ysera, or at least add some sort of a noteworthy plot device that corrupts her, not just a random red shard.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go punch some gnomes to relieve stress. Rant over.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Sounds like a good story telling.. well thought and not just for show.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked it tbh.
    Shame you call something you don't like "being lazy".
    Oh well, haters gonna hate.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So...Xavius can just throw a [plot device] to Ysera and corrupt her and then we have to kill her. Ok. Yeah, no.

I know that we're playing World of Corruptioncraft and it's fantasy & it takes a certain amount of suspension of disbelief but this plot is just so fucking lazy, I mean sure Xavius is a badass but why doesn't he corrupt Malfurion on the spot instead? How can he just corrupt Ysera with a flick of his wrist? Why doesn't he try to corrupt the player too? What immunity do Malfurion and player have that motherfucking Dragon Aspect doesn't (Don't give me Dragon Soul stuff, she's not the Aspect anymore but it's still one of the eldest dragons ever and that's fucking something in fantasy)

It's just so fucking lazy that it makes me mad. Really, I'm triggered by how lazy this was. I'm not a writer or anything but even I could write a better corruption story for Ysera, or at least add some sort of a noteworthy plot device that corrupts her, not just a random red shard.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go punch some gnomes to relieve stress. Rant over.
    She's not a dragon aspect anymore. By mortal meaning usually being old means you're a little weaker.

Deleted
    is the same shard as the diablo's one?

She's intimately tied with the Emerald Dream, which is completely susceptible to its corruption.

Malfurion is still a mortal, and the player has some (or none if not a druid) connection to it at all. Furthermore the Tear of Elune is a Titan artifact, extremely powerful in its own regard, and he had already stolen and corrupted it earlier.

Sorry if you're triggered, but it made sense.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post

If you're planning to be a villain and you know a former aspect is going to come straight at you, you'd *better* have something ready that'll take her down in one shot. There's no alternative.

Tirion did the same thing to Arthas. Literally at his strongest, at the seat of his power, with a plan executed perfectly, when suddenly......THE LIGHT! Trolololol VICTORY!

Really, if you're playing WoW for the story you should expect stupid plot holes and bad writing by now.

Well he doesn't use it on Malfurion because he wants to slowly torture him, why corrupt him when he can torture him and let him watch everything and everyone he loves become corrupted or destroyed. Corrupting Malfurion would be too easy, too quick of a revenge for him. As for the player, we really only physically seem him when he uses the seed on Ysera... it might have been the only one he really had for that purpose. The rest is a slower corruption, also again what better way to take revenge against Malfurion and the NElves then corrupt the leader of the green dragons, definitely on of the aspect they revere or adore above the others. What's lazy is how you couldn't think of that on your own.......

10+ Year Old Account
    ''I don't like it so it's lazy'' - Your post pretty much is mmo champion personified.

The fact that she's super weak to the Nightmare by her ties to the Dream doesn't matter, it's lazy, because you say so. Good talk.

He thew at her a Pillar of creation, the Tear of Elune, that he stole. But nope, doesn't matter still lazy. Good talk again lol.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2016-08-30 at 12:50 AM.

it isnot a random red shard and he had only one, so he used on the most powerfull one

Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    Sounds like a good story telling.. well thought and not just for show.
    lol no it's not.. have you yet hit yourself on the floor today?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Tirion did the same thing to Arthas. Literally at his strongest, at the seat of his power, with a plan executed perfectly, when suddenly......THE LIGHT! Trolololol VICTORY!

Really, if you're playing WoW for the story you should expect stupid plot holes and bad writing by now.
    "oh man we are screwed...wait i'm a ret I can bubble!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

No stupid, he didn't think he could "trinket" out the ice stun... I mean.. WTF? what a fucking retard pally, Fucking disgraceful pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    lol no it's not.. have you yet hit yourself on the floor today?
    You are really good at sensing sarcasm.. 10 points

10+ Year Old Account
    He used a corrupted form of the Tears of Elune on Ysera. It's a Pillar of Creation, which is why it overwhelms her.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

*Makes ignorant post without finishing zone*. It was a tear of elune her threw at her, he isn't going to waste that kind of weapon on someone as basic as the player or furion.

It's explained away by a magic macguffin like always.

I mean like you said, this is just World of Corruptioncraft and everything and while the story DOES manage to cover the bases on how he corrupts Ysera, it's still pretty lazy and tired.

Its actually sad and pathetic because in the entire history of WoW (Warcraft 1-3 and books / backstory excluded) we STILL don't have a major lore hero getting killed straight up by a major lore villain. Sargeras kills the Titans, but it is offscreen and even then we're told their souls got away so who knows they may pop up again (just takes a minor lore rewrite to bring them back). Varian dies but its not straight up kill because he wipes out a fel reaver and basically its a act of self sacrifice where he faces overwhelming odds. That should have been Guldan vs Varian 1 to 1 and Guldan wins. They couldn't even let the iron horde kill AU-Velen. Nope, it had to be an act of self sacrifice which cheapens the kill. Vindicator Maraad? Again, a weak and pathetic act of self-sacrifice. The iron horde cheated of another kill. Vol'jin? Surrounded and outnumbered, screaming that they are coming from behind and just overwhelmed and killed by a random. Not a one to one kill.

Xavius should KILL Ysera. One to one. In single combat. The lore NEEDS that. Corrupt her? Blah. Pathetic.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

ysera isn't an ultimate dragon goddess on par with sargeras

it's not like every death is gonna get a cinematic