Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You're proving my point because "open to the public" is about entry and this person was denied entry. The bolded is based on case-by-case behavior which is how justice works.
    You don't have a right to entry just because it is open to the public. Try to go shopping in your underwear and see how many open to the public stores call the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    That's hilarious, we could turn the games into one big flag waving contest. Maybe every contingent could march with their flag during half time or before the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. How crazy is our country that you can't even fly our own flag in our own country? That doesn't even make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

The flag is just a symbol of the values the country. If you can't understand symbolism (and the power of symbolism), you might want to go back to middle school english class.
    If everyone wants to bring a flag, let them.

I understand symbolism just fine. I also understand indoctrination and brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I never said I want to get rid of it.

If there's a demand for the park, then someone will find a way to meet that demand. If the demand is not high enough, then it will fail.
    Explain how they will meet that demand. You said it's ok to do what you want if it doesn't harm people, but here you are, advocating harming MILLIONS of people.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The flag flew above the entire game. The only thing banned were individuals with flags that had previously been disruptive with their flag.
    I didn't know that part of the story. Then they weren't banning the flag, they were punishing disruptive people.

Explain how they will meet that demand. You said it's ok to do what you want if it doesn't harm people, but here you are, advocating harming MILLIONS of people.
    Where have I advocated for harming anyone?

I have no problem if someone wishes to harm himself.

If everyone wants to bring a flag, let them.

I understand symbolism just fine. I also understand indoctrination and brainwashing.
    No one had to "brainwash" me to value things like: freedom, bravery, compassion, family and sacrifice. Those are the values that the flag symbolizes....

Where have I advocated for harming anyone?

I have no problem if someone wishes to harm himself.
    You want to remove the system that protects the water reserves for millions of people, and your alternative way to protect that water system is shrugging your shoulders and assuming it will take care of itself. Real fucking intellectual. Explain how someone will meet the demand.

- - - Updated - - -

No one had to "brainwash" me to value things like: freedom, bravery, compassion, family and sacrifice. Those are the values that the flag symbolizes....
    It must be nice to be able to have such a rosy view of US history. How do you think the families of the millions killed by the US in the last half century view the flag?

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't have a right to entry just because it is open to the public. Try to go shopping in your underwear and see how many open to the public stores call the police.
    That requires a dress code to be enforceable without the law. If you have a written code that is fine.

Similarly if they have a no-flags code, then we criticize their lack of free expression. In this case we don't have to because the principal made it clear there wont be a blanket ban.

Doesn't that flag also symbolize oppression, enslavement, and interventionism?

If not, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    So, it's okay to be offensive to people you consider rednecks? Thanks for showing your bigotry and ignorance.
    I've yet to meet a redneck who considered that term offensive. If you'd prefer I call them ignorant southerners I can do that.

You want to remove the system that protects the water reserves for millions of people, and your alternative way to protect that water system is shrugging your shoulders and assuming it will take care of itself. Real fucking intellectual. Explain how someone will meet the demand.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be nice to be able to have such a rosy view of US history. How do you think the families of the millions killed by the US in the last half century view the flag?
    If the demand is there, someone will find a way to meet that demand. It's why people still manage to find, produce, and sell illegal drugs. The government has no hand in such things, yet people still manage to get it done... IN SPITE of the government.

If the demand is there, someone will provide the supply. If the demand is not there, then they will not.

I didn't realize PC Principal had moved to SC

That requires a dress code to be enforceable without the law. If you have a written code that is fine.

Similarly if they have a no-flags code, then we criticize their lack of free expression. In this case we don't have to because the principal made it clear there wont be a blanket ban.
    We do have a written code. It is called US federal case law, which has ruled definitively for decades that schools have not just a right but a responsibility to take strong restrictive measures to prevent disruption, because they are not public forums in most cases and students have a right to the school grounds being safe and secure.

- - - Updated - - -

If the demand is there, someone will find a way to meet that demand. It's why people still manage to find, produce, and sell illegal drugs. The government has no hand in such things, yet people still manage to get it done... IN SPITE of the government.

If the demand is there, someone will provide the supply. If the demand is not there, then they will not.
    How will they meet the demand? If it's so simple, just answer the damn question. How can a private company monetize a six million acre water system?

Doesn't that flag also symbolize oppression, enslavement, and interventionism?

If not, why not?
    Because, there are over three hundred million people in this country and they all do not accurately represent the values of our country. Our government, for instance.

If you asked me what values the government represented (both parties) I would say: lies, corruption and greed.

With over three hundred million people we also have people that are for oppression, enslavement, etc. We have some thieves, gangsters and murderers too. They are not representing the values of this country. In fact they care nothing for this country and only really care about themselves.

The flag represents the vast majority of Americans (past and present) that value things like: bravery, family, sacrifice, freedom and compassion.

7+ Year Old Account
    We do have a written code. It is called US federal case law, which has ruled definitively for decades that schools have not just a right but a responsibility to take strong restrictive measures to prevent disruption, because they are not public forums in most cases and students have a right to the school grounds being safe and secure.
    Yes but that requires evidence that a person is breaking the code.

Because, there are over three hundred million people in this country and they all do not accurately represent the values of our country. Our government, for instance.

If you asked me what values the government represented (both parties) I would say: lies, corruption and greed.

With over three hundred million people we also have people that are for oppression, enslavement, etc. We have some thieves, gangsters and murderers too. They are not representing the values of this country. In fact they care nothing for this country and only really care about themselves.

The flag represents the vast majority of Americans (past and present) that value things like: bravery, family, sacrifice, freedom and compassion.
    Is that what the vast majority of Americans throughout history have valued? You know we fought a civil war because about half the states wanted to keep slaves, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not the same way as the hundreds of millions of people we have saved and help over the course of our history view it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that what the vast majority of Americans throughout history have valued? You know we fought a civil war because about half the states wanted to keep slaves, right?
    That's why they changed their flag when left, because they didn't share our values....

Yes but that requires evidence that a person is breaking the code.
    No, it does not. You still don't fucking get it. The administration of the school has wiiiiiiiiiiiide leeway. For example, they don't have to wait to see if allowing students to attend school in their underwear will be disruptive, they can just use reason to assume it probably would be, and then ban it ahead of time. They don't need to wait to see if allowing a klan klub on campus will be disruptive.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably not the same way as the hundreds of millions of people we have saved and help over the course of our history view it.
    Sweet, so, kill a few million, save a few million, all the same right? Your disregard for human life is sick,

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it does not. You still don't fucking get it. The administration of the school has wiiiiiiiiiiiide leeway. For example, they don't have to wait to see if allowing students to attend school in their underwear will be disruptive, they can just use reason to assume it probably would be, and then ban it ahead of time. They don't need to wait to see if allowing a klan klub on campus will be disruptive.
    Wrong, they do need evidence that a rule or code has been broken to punish kids. They can't legally arbitrarily punish kids.

Wrong, they do need evidence that a code has been broken to punish kids. They can't legally arbitrarily punish kids without evidence that they have violated a code.
    Dude, for the thousandth time, it is not punishment to be disallowed something you were never entitled to. For example, you are not being punished if I don't invite you over for dinner, because you were never entitled to my fucking dinner.