Transmogrifying an artifact to an artifact

Pretty simple question I can't seem to find an answer to -

I'm aware you can't transmog artifacts to normal weapons, but you can transmog any other weapon to your artifact.

However, can you transmog an artifact weapon from one spec to another?

The veng DH weapons look neat, but I do not like the tonfa look, and MUCH prefer the traditional DH artifact glaive look from Havoc (quite sexy). Does anyone know if this is possible? I really don't want to be roped in to strictly using a Tonfa-looking glaive. :/

...if not I really feel bad for BM hunters more so than myself. I understand this gets complicated when you consider druid guardian and feral forms.

Thanks in advance for any straight answer on this.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

Notice how DH can use fist weapons, yet can't xmog glaives into them? I suspect Blizzard has some work left to do on the new xmog system, but has been scrambling to get the expansion ready for launch. We'll probably see some clean up in the following months(I hope so, anyway).

Edit: Glaives not gloves. Ugh.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-30 at 01:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No you are not able to transmog one spec artifact to another

But you can transmog your artifact into any normal weapon excluding legendarys
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2016-08-30 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjniir View Post
    Pretty simple question I can't seem to find an answer to -

I'm aware you can't transmog artifacts to normal weapons, but you can transmog any other weapon to your artifact.

However, can you transmog an artifact weapon from one spec to another?

The veng DH weapons look neat, but I do not like the tonfa look, and MUCH prefer the traditional DH artifact glaive look from Havoc (quite sexy). Does anyone know if this is possible? I really don't want to be roped in to strictly using a Tonfa-looking glaive. :/

...if not I really feel bad for BM hunters more so than myself. I understand this gets complicated when you consider druid guardian and feral forms.

Thanks in advance for any straight answer on this.
    More like likely not since they want spec/class fantasy.

You will know the answer as soon as you hit level 102. Unless you won't even play DH unless you know ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use an artifact weapon as a source transmog, so no.
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Not sure if you got your wording mixed up or what. But you can xmog your artifact into anything that weapon type can normally mog into. So BM can mog their gun into any gun, bow or xbow in game minus the MM artifact weapon and Thori'dal. So yes, mogging to another spec's artifact is not a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    You can't use an artifact weapon as a source transmog, so no.
    How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More like likely not since they want spec/class fantasy.
    Feels like I'm getting their fantasy rammed down my throat. Bummer. Ah well, still beats BM hunter weapons.

Thanks for the fast answers, though.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will I be capable of keeping a specific look for the artifact? For example, I like the base look of Doomhammer. But dislike the rest of them. Will I be able to keep the base look (one on the far left)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Will I be capable of keeping a specific look for the artifact? For example, I like the base look of Doomhammer. But dislike the rest of them. Will I be able to keep the base look (one on the far left)?
    Yes, you can choose your artifact appearance from the same table that you use to upgrade them
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

yes, the looks are basically mogs for the weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Yes, it is completely up to you what appearance your artifact uses as long as you have the skin unlocked, you can swap to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Notice how DH can use fist weapons, yet can't xmog gloves into them? I suspect Blizzard has some work left to do on the new xmog system, but has been scrambling to get the expansion ready for launch. We'll probably see some clean up in the following months(I hope so, anyway b

ya excuse blizzard for not allowing armor to be tmogged into weapons.. seriously what?

Yes you can keep the base look, there is no requirement to use the additional unlocked appearances for your artifact if you don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish, but it would be kind of unfair to classes that had different weapon types for their specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    ya excuse blizzard for not allowing armor to be tmogged into weapons.. seriously what?
    Pretty sure it's a typo and he or she meant glaives. Demon Hunters can use fist weapons, but glaives can only be transmogrified into other glaives, swords and axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    ...it would be kind of unfair ...
    Right, I get that. Still... meh. Puts quite a damper on things considering we have no other choice for weapons in legion, especially considering the effort and time that may be required to level one particular artifact.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    That was supposed to be GLAIVES, but auto-correct is the devil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa! Thanks for the numerous replies! Sounds awesome! Can't wait to get into Legion!