Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Never thought they'd beat Cataclysm in terms of sheer badness. What an utter rubbish of an expansion. All I can say is, I'm glad it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i will never understand people's problem with cataclysm, it's still the expac with probably the most content
    it gave us competitive 10man raiding
    one of the best raid tiers ever
    etc
    Errr... what? Maybe if you're counting the revamped world as most of that content, outside of that, it really was massively lacking in content.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Errr... what? Maybe if you're counting the revamped world as most of that content, outside of that, it really was massively lacking in content.
    5 extra dungeons after release (this hasnt been done since cata btw)
    yes they revamped the entire world, and that is content
    completely rehauled talent system
    3 raids one of which had 3 separate instances
    more starting dungeons than either MoP or WoD (and way more challenging and fun i might add )
    two separate raid sizes at the highest difficulty(that's not even in legion)
    two fantastic legendary quest lines

im not saying it was better than wrath or TBC but saying it's anyhwere near to being as bad as WoD is just PTSD out of how bad DS was.

Quote Originally Posted by Safhira View Post
    This is the only expansion that I *did not* like the music. I listened to it all the way through and I still hated it. The worst was the Shat music. I termed it 'the love boat music'. It totally doesn't fit the zone especially when the battle for Shat started.
    I actually didn't spend that much time in Shat, so I can't say I've really given any thought to its' music. I do recommend that you listen to the Gorgrond music though, I think it sets the tone of the zone brilliantly.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Good riddance. WoD won't be missed, and in hindsight it'll never be viewed as a good expansion. Firmly locked in as THE worst. Unless Blizzard somehow figures out how to do worse than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    In just over 9 or 18 hrs the door will close on Warlords of Draenor once and for all, as we set off for the Broken Isles. Many would consider WoD to be the worst and most ignored expansion ever. While I agree I think it's unfair to leave it hanging. It still gave me many great memories that I will continue to treasure. So Let's all reminisce about Garrisons, Ashran, and such; and give Warlords a final farewell.

Bye Bye Warlord's of Draenor! May you never happen again!

I will never treasure the experience of garrison prison, such bullshits from blizzard. Wod = recycle bin

I thought it could never get worse than Cataclysm, but Warlords of Draenor was the first expansion that I can say I did not enjoy at all. Any aspect of it. Maybe I could reluctantly say the questing was great, but it just spits in the face of how empty the endgame was.

Good riddance and goodbye. I'll be having fun in Legion and trying to pretend this was a bad dream. But if there's ever another Borelords then I'm so out.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't think anyone is really going to be looking back and thinking about it being great. It never happened with Cataclysm, which was a similar bomb of an expansion, sort of.
    I thought Cataclysm was great, at the time, and have not changed my opinions.

I thought WoD was very good, too, although some of the decisions made around the area of professions prevent me from calling it great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already left it, got 3 100s since invasions started and haven't bothered to start a Garrison on any of em. Good riddance. Best things it brought were all stuff that needed to be upgraded anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I will actually miss WoD, never really understood the hate to it. Sure there was little content at times, but that's what the unsub button is for, just unsub when you find the game boring, and resub when you want to play again, as you do with every other game - play when fun, play something else when you find it boring.
    I wonder if some of the hate is due to WoW Tokens + garrison gold faucets combining to give a massive disincentive to unsubscribe.

If you were bored earlier this year, and thought to unsubscribe.. you'd surely be hit with the thought "If I stay subscribed, but don't really play, just do garrison chores, then every month, I will make enough gold to buy several months worth of sub time. So I'd be losing money by unsubscribing!"

People who feel pushed to do chores in order to avoid leaving money on the table are going to get resentful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbearing View Post
    So basicly most of the hate for mop, for me, comes from the massive shift in atmosphere. Burning legion, wrath, cataclysm, pandas with yin/yang. I personally didn't give it a chance after playing the first month I genuinely disliked the entire storyline up until soo. Seeing pandas bouncing around to this day annoys me and I genuinely feel they look out of place in this game. But thats just me and I'm sure a bunch of people love them

Edit: I have a level 100 panda monk though, still cringe everytime I consider using it at log in
    if there was a way to put my panda on a diet and make him look less like a beer gut loser i might want to play him more...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I thought Cataclysm was great, at the time, and have not changed my opinions.

I thought WoD was very good, too, although some of the decisions made around the area of professions prevent me from calling it great.
    while some of the dungeons were quite good, LFR Deathwing was either a troll nightmare or boring as hell. Dont get me started on how buggy zones like Twilight Highlands was for months. Cata only held as high of a sub count as it did because so many still remembered the great community built up from vanilla through WotLK. WoD on the other hand destroyed what little was left of the community. Legion should really be called "dead mmo walking"

Raiding this expansion was pretty great. I enjoyed almost every fight of all 3 raids too. The only disliked 'bosses' personally for me were Hellfire Assault and Tyrant.

Definitely won't be missing WoD though. Bring on Legion!

You will not be missed.

First Cata, then MoP, then WoD....still going to try out for Legion hoping this xpac won't disappoint. Maybe I like being abused.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.