The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    That's literally what QP is
    No, not really. That's what AI or custom games are for. QM takes a bit of a backseat when seasonal play is out, but really it's the same expectations as ranked play with less emphasis on a lingering score. The core objectives don't slip into 'fooling around' in QM. Sure, it's easier to try 5x Hanzo if you want, but everyone has to want to do it otherwise you're just pissing on someone else's serious game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to really hate on Symmetra. What does she do? Why is she there? Aside from creating an entirely avoidable and predictable 'death room', and shredding the occasional tank on point, she's either hiding or throwing out Orbs that never hit anyone, because again, easily avoidable. Feels like a waste of space 90% of the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm starting to really hate on Symmetra. What does she do? Why is she there? Aside from creating an entirely avoidable and predictable 'death room', and shredding the occasional tank on point, she's either hiding or throwing out Orbs that never hit anyone, because again, easily avoidable. Feels like a waste of space 90% of the time.
    she's there to annoy genjis and tracers with her god damn fucking bunny hop strategy.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't see Symmetra's value, you haven't seen a good one or found the right places. For starters, her primary role is hindering the enemy, buffing the team with armor, and frankly the teleporter on point defense. But after that, Symmetra turrets can be use to pick up lots of easy kills and serves to notify you where enemies are. And if you are keeping your turrets in one static location all game, especially if they aren't being triggered, then you're doing it wrong.

She's actually pretty strong, but very well balanced. I instalock her on Hanamura defense and unless my entire team fails me, it's usually a shut out.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    She's become too predictable, like Torb, there's only so many places those turrets are useful, so you can avoid them or take them out before they even have an impact. Teleport is okay, but I feel like having someone more useful in the first place is arguably more valuable than having useful people get back faster.

Shredding tanks on point A is basically that 10% usefulness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    She's become too predictable
    I'm by no means a great one, but I wreck Hanamura with my meager abilities. Then there are pro Symms that run on offense. They get in the back line, set up turrets, and help keep people on payloads with teleporters. Just another case of mistaken identity and generally low player skill cap in QM. The only valid point I see is to question what in the world her alt fire is intended for. It needs some sort of other effect, like granting low G to allies or weighing down enemies. Idk, something random but interesting.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm by no means a great one, but I wreck Hanamura with my meager abilities. Then there are pro Symms that run on offense. They get in the back line, set up turrets, and help keep people on payloads with teleporters. Just another case of mistaken identity and generally low player skill cap in QM. The only valid point I see is to question what in the world her alt fire is intended for. It needs some sort of other effect, like granting low G to allies or weighing down enemies. Idk, something random but interesting.
    Defending Hanamura A is basically it though. That's what I'm saying. It's 1/4 of 1 map. Being okay there doesn't make her passable anywhere else when you see her and know where to avoid her turrets; Han A only makes her strong because the point itself is unavoidable.

7+ Year Old Account
    im getting back onto the widow train, i slaughtered the enemy team in my last match.
    was lucky that they didnt focus me and that they didnt have a genji.

had most dmg and eliminations till we got to the 3rd point (dorado, on attack), there i started to miss tons of shots, and ended up with both on silver.
    got 19 critical shots with 39% weapon accuracy xD

sadly, no potg, our mccree got it.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-28 at 05:09 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Some moron in my clan said we lost the first point in hollywood because i wasn't dropping my shields to save them from reaper.

First thing is, i said some of us needed to defend at the arches and hold it because they had a genji and reaper and god knows what else. If we all stayed at the point we would constantly get flanked and bypassed. Instead he says we need to all stand at the point because thats how its done.

So guess what happened? The entire match we were bypassed. They even switched to a winston to jump into us.

Then he brought up the shield thing. I literally could not drop my shields because we were being fired upon by the rest of the team. the few times i dropped my shields to kill winston when he hopped at us and dropped his shield ontop of us, they would fire into us and kill half the team. This happened more than once. Especially with the offensive torb having been allowed to setup in the room with everyone in my team ignoring it while he hammered away at it. What would have happened if i had pulled back to chase reaper around with them shooting us all up and a enemy turret up?

Mentioning "shield management" is find and dandy except when the situation called for keeping my shields up. How about hanzo or anyone taking out the offensive turret right in front of us, especially when I E'd it?

he's talking about "watch how the pro's do it" but we're not pro's and we're not fighting pro's. its a different ballgame. Especially when he's talking about generalities that dont fit in the here n now while i'am stating adaptation to the situation we are facing.. Then he starts with ad hominems when he couldnt do anything except repeat his already countered points.

You play the game, you counter the enemy picks. Not adhere to a fixed strategy and position, not to "whats usually done". You know what the pro's do? They adapt, idiots mimic.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-28 at 06:01 PM.

I hate people and their inability to change characters and refuse to budge, even though you're getting murdered by the enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I hate people and their inability to change characters and refuse to budge, even though you're getting murdered by the enemy team.
    An odd habit of Torbs especially. Who will adamently try to make their turret at a spot only to die then come back and try again only to die again, from start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    An odd habit of Torbs especially. Who will adamently try to make their turret at a spot only to die then come back and try again only to die again, from start to finish
    My outburst was because we were facing a Genji main and our do nothing Hanzo was told to change but insisted on sticking, even though our back line kept getting murdered. Course, he was only one of the others that weren't doing much. Never been gold in damage/healer/objective time as Ana ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Some moron in my clan said we lost the first point in hollywood because i wasn't dropping my shields to save them from reaper.

First thing is, i said some of us needed to defend at the arches and hold it because they had a genji and reaper and god knows what else. If we all stayed at the point we would constantly get flanked and bypassed. Instead he says we need to all stand at the point because thats how its done.

So guess what happened? The entire match we were bypassed. They even switched to a winston to jump into us.

Then he brought up the shield thing. I literally could not drop my shields because we were being fired upon by the rest of the team. the few times i dropped my shields to kill winston when he hopped at us and dropped his shield ontop of us, they would fire into us and kill half the team. This happened more than once. Especially with the offensive torb having been allowed to setup in the room with everyone in my team ignoring it while he hammered away at it. What would have happened if i had pulled back to chase reaper around with them shooting us all up and a enemy turret up?

Mentioning "shield management" is find and dandy except when the situation called for keeping my shields up. How about hanzo or anyone taking out the offensive turret right in front of us, especially when I E'd it?

he's talking about "watch how the pro's do it" but we're not pro's and we're not fighting pro's. its a different ballgame. Especially when he's talking about generalities that dont fit in the here n now while i'am stating adaptation to the situation we are facing.. Then he starts with ad hominems when he couldnt do anything except repeat his already countered points.

You play the game, you counter the enemy picks. Not adhere to a fixed strategy and position, not to "whats usually done". You know what the pro's do? They adapt, idiots mimic.
    I'm presuming you were playing Reinhardt?

I'm of the personal opinion that if you play Reinhardt as a walking wall, you're playing him wrong. That shield has situational usefulness against some enemies, and it certainly should be used a lot, but if your team is relying on you as a "bunker" to hide behind and shoot through 90% of the time, you're likely going to get slaughtered. The shield breaks fairly quickly to focus fire, which it draws like a beacon, and unless you have teammates that are using it to shoot THROUGH your shield at the enemy, then your team would be better off by trying not to walk blindly into enemy fire like drunken children, rather than relying on a character who may as well be an absent player in that case.

In that particular case, your team shouldn't have been in a position to BE fired on by the entire enemy team, not as a group. Shielding more than one or two of your allies, with the rest flanking and harassing, is almost always a mistake. Not on the Reinhardt's part, on the team's, who's putting the Rein in an impossible position and expecting them to do the impossible.

That shield buys you the couple seconds you need for Soldier 76 to kill a Bastion/Torb, or protects your healer as the payload advances, or the like. It is NOT a sustainable defense against focused enemy fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm presuming you were playing Reinhardt?

<the rest>
    It was a bad situation all around.Everyone was on the point in one place, the shield was keeping us alive and i couldn't drop it because the enemy (especially the turret) wasnt countered and we had two enemies flanking us and another launching right in. Eventually genji won the ult race with reaper and slaughtered us.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am considerably disappointed in myself since starting this game. I can't aim worth a damn, and whenever I'm healing I feel completely worthless because I'm dead half the time. I get picked off first in every game, and it's frustrating. I don't feel myself improving at all after several dozen games. It's all very disheartening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I am considerably disappointed in myself since starting this game. I can't aim worth a damn, and whenever I'm healing I feel completely worthless because I'm dead half the time. I get picked off first in every game, and it's frustrating. I don't feel myself improving at all after several dozen games. It's all very disheartening.
    What kind of characters do you normally play? Healing on Lucio tends to be a good start since all you have to do is maintain LoS on the most people you can and you'll do decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I am Lucio.... why are you all running away from your heals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hi, I am Lucio.... why are you all running away from your heals?
    Because fuck you Lucio, you're not my mom! D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Consider trying Reinhardt or Winston. They both require minimal aiming and are rather durable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Because fuck you Lucio, you're not my mom! D:

im trying, ok!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

Not much, game is kinda boring w/o competative season