Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Rate TV series you have watched

Example:

Into the Badlands: 8/10

Loved the martial arts theme with several special habilities. The last episode was amazing.

Freaks and Geeks: 9/10

Best school serie of all time. Made me addicted to school series even though there are not many with the same caliber.

Marco Polo Season 2 - 8/10 (Very Good)

The best set and costume design I've seen on television ever. The character moments make me feel genuinely sad GoT wasn't as good as this in that department. The story keeps you binge watching. The only problem is the plot itself; GoT has overall better plot progression and resolution. The plot isn't as important here though, as Marco Polo is more character driven show then GoT's event driven narrative. The cinematography for the final battle of season 2 was impressive, and gives Battle of the Bastards a run for it's money.

Thunderbolt Fantasy - 9/10 (Great)

Written by Gen Urobuchi, this Pili puppet series is a heroic fantasy with an eastern twist, as a band of heroes race against the villian's forces in an attempt to keep a superpowerful sword out of the wrong hands. Ofcourse, this being written by the Urobutcher himself, you can expect this to be a subversion of the genre and the tropes that come along with it. Very high amount of entertainment per minute.

I'll try to remember to add shows as I watch them, since that'll make the rating more up to date.

Agents of SHIELD (8/10)

Really fun show, very entertaining. But it falters in terms of both storytelling and character building. They often seem to jump around the story before concluding mostly the same way. But the biggest issue for me was the villians. They tried to build them up and act like they were scary or a threat yet they never really managed to be one. Still though I definitely enjoyed watching it, and will continue to. If you are lookign for really good story/characters superhero go with Daredevil or Jessica Jones, if you want a fun TV show similar in vein to the MCU then AOS was great for that.

Like all the series I have seen? Yeesh. Well, I will list what I have seen fully, up to recent or can remember...

Mash 10/10
    Game of Thrones 9/10
    Seinfeld 9/10
    Breaking Bad 9/10
    Stranger Things 10/10
    The Wire 9/10
    Taxi 6/10
    Dollhouse 7/10
    Skins 7/10
    Bob's Burgers 6/10
    Six Feet Under 6/10
    Eastbound & Down 6/10
    Entourage 4/10
    John From Cincinnati 7/10
    Ballers 3/10
    Oz 6/10
    Bored to Death 7/10
    Flight of the Conchords 7/10
    Sex & the City 5/10
    Curb Your Enthusiasm 9/10
    The Newsroom 6/10
    Futurama (original run) 6/10
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer 7/10
    Cheers 8/10
    Frasier 10/10
    Friday Night Lights 10/10
    Voltron: Legendary Defender 6/10
    Daredevil 7/10
    Jessica Jones 6/10
    Angel 5/10
    Louie 9/10
    Arrested Development 8/10
    Luther 6/10
    Horace & Pete's 7/10
    Mary Tyler Moore Show 6/10
    Always Sunny in Philadelphia 6/10
    X-Files 6/10
    The Wonder Years 7/10
    Deadwood 5/10
    Californication 5/10
    Pee-Wee's Playhouse 9/10
    Narcos 7/10
    Atelier 6/10
    The Night Of 8/10
    The People vs. OJ Simpson 8/10
    Veep 6/10
    Boardwalk Empire 7/10
    The Sopranos 9/10
    Silicon Valley 8/10
    Jane the Virgin 5/10
    Make It or Break It 8/10
    Star Trek 5/10
    Star Trek: The Next Generation 7/10
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 9/10
    Star Trek: Enterprise 5/10
    True Detective: Season 1 10/10
    Freaks & Geeks 7/10
    Sanford & Son 3/10
    House of Cards 5/10
    24 5/10
    Batman: The Animated Series 10/10
    Justice League Unlimited 10/10
    Superman: The Animated Series 8/10
    Lost 7/10
    Charlie's Angels 4/10
    Battlestar Galactica (old) 2/10
    Battlestar Galactica (new) 8/10
    Caprica 5/10
    Firefly 8/10
    Farscape 4/10
    Heroes 2/10
    Friends 1/10
    The Bob Newhart Show 6/10
    All in the Family 9/10
    Welcome Back Kotter 5/10
    Three's Company 6/10
    The Larry Sanders Show 8/10
    It's Garry Shandling's Show 7/10
    Super Dave 5/10
    Real Sex 8/10
    Vinyl 6/10
    Sliders 7/10
    Bonanza 4/10
    Girls 6/10
    Rome 7/10
    Happy Days 3/10
    Barney Miller 7/10
    True Blood 4/10
    The Jeffersons 4/10
    Good Times 5/10
    What's Happening 3/10
    Alice 5/10
    The Muppet Show 10/10
    Fragglerock 8/10
    Silverhawks 2/10
    C.O.P.S 4/10
    Schoolhouse Rock 7/10
    ER 6/10
    House M.D. 7/10
    American Horror Story 8/10
    The Get-Down 6/10
    Rick & Morty 10/10
    Orange is the New Black 7/10
    Penny Dreadful 7/10
    Cosmos (old) 9/10
    Cosmos (new) 9/10
    Twin Peaks 9/10
    Spartacus 8/10
    Master of None 6/10
    Mad Men 9/10
    Sherlock 6/10
    Weeds 5/10
    Roadies 4/10
    The Tudors 3/10
    Ray Donovan 6/10
    Terriers 8/10
    The L Word 5/10
    Queer as Folk 5.10
    Polyamory: Married & Dating 8/10
    Twilight Zone 8/10
    Outer Limits 8/10
    Tales from the Crypt 10/10
    Dungeons & Dragons 10/10
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-08-29 at 12:22 AM.

Good lord at @Fencers post. That's kinda what I expected though...I'm sure a lot of people have seen a lot of TV shows over the years. There's a lot to rate...

Deleted
    Holy jesus @Fencers xD

You posted more series than Netflix airs the entire year. Thanks for the info
    I can't rememner the last 10 series i watched lol

Person of Interest: 10/10

Probably one of the best written shows of all time, very solid cast and characters. It has humour, action, murder and unexpected plot twists. It's just sad that it ended with season 5.

Instead of scores out of 10, I'll put TV shows I've watched into tiers.

Tier 1-Absolute must watch.

Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    The Office
    Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Arrested Development

Tier 2-Great shows, highly recommended.

Lost
    The Shield
    House of Cards
    The Sopranos
    The Walking Dead
    Parks and Rec
    30 Rock
    Scrubs

Tier 3-Good shows, worth watching but not necessarily OMG amazing.

Prison Break
    Person of Interest
    Heroes(only season 1)
    Justified
    Mr. Robot
    Burn Notice
    The League(might not be as good if you don't play fantasy football)
    Silicon Valley
    Veep

Tier 4-Guilty pleasure watches, entertaining and worth killing time over

Scandal
    Psych
    Leverage
    Suits(was tier 3 up until the last couple of seasons)
    The Last Ship
    Entourage
    Big Bang Theory

I was pretty sure there was a thread about this made already, and I was right, although it is fairly old and never took off: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hlight=rate+tv

Will write shows and stuff later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Holy jesus @Fencers xD

You posted more series than Netflix airs the entire year. Thanks for the info
    I can't rememner the last 10 series i watched lol
    I have seen more shows, naturally. But I don't avidly watch television- haven't had a television service in close to 18 years now. I listed what I finished, caught up on and remember. I saw a lot of stuff that wasn't good or I had no interest in seeing more: Homeland, Dexter, etc.

Also I am old. Like I was watching Hill Street Blues as it aired.

Wow, that's kinda hard... I'd have to Fencers this up at some point. the argument is something like this:
    Californication season 1-2 are 8.5/10, the last season is a -45/10 so like... overally, i tell people this show is fucking brilliant but if you want to stop watching after season 3, it's probably for the best. I mean, you should still check out Addy Timlin's tits... and the still amazing level of "talent" liek Camilla Luddington, Tara Holt etc etc etc, but the rest seems to mostly meh the longer the show goes on. As a whole, as a series... I'd have to maybe give it a 6/10... that "high" of a rating more for how awesome it starts, but I feel the agony of finishing it should make it lower than that.

Meanwhile, my all-time favorite show, The Wire, is easily a 9.5/10 and has almost NOTHING that made my love the first 2 seasons of Californication lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Person of Interest: 10/10

Probably one of the best written shows of all time, very solid cast and characters. It has humour, action, murder and unexpected plot twists. It's just sad that it ended with season 5.
    This is a show I started and felt too monster of the week for me, but I only watched maybe... 5-6 episodes. I started it strictly for Michael Emerson as he was one of my favorites from LOST.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'll only rate stuff I watch or watched more than a handful of episodes, and I'll also rate it by category. For example, while I may like Firefly a lot less than say, Breaking Bad, or The Shield, or Sons of Anarchy, among sci-fi shows I rate it a lot higher. I just don't, generally speaking, like sci-fi as much as I enjoy intense dramas. So my ratings are just based against other shows in the same genre. If I don't have a show listed it's cause I either haven't seen it(Game of Thrones, The Wire) or hate what I've seen so immensely that I don't feel I should even bother rating it(ie, the shitfest that is Family Guy).

Dramas:
    The Shield:9/10
    Sons of Anarchy:9/10
    Breaking Bad:10/10
    Justified:10/10
    Better Call Saul:8/10
    The Sopranos:9/10
    American Crime Story-People vs OJ Simpson:8/10
    Law & Order:8/10
    Law & Order SVU:8/10, drops to 5/10 once Chris Meloni and Richard Belzer left.
    Law & Order Criminal Intent:8/10, drops to 5/10 when D'Onofrio isn't on it
    Criminal Minds:8/10
    NCIS:7/10
    NCIS LA:6/10
    Leverage:8/10
    True Detective(season 1 only):8/10
    24:9/10 first season, then 7-8/10 for later seasons
    House:7/10
    House of Cards:5/10(It's well acted, well directed, but...I just find all the characters so utterly loathsome that I genuinely don't enjoy watching it)
    The Dead Zone:7/10

Comedy:
    MASH:7/10
    Cheers:7/10
    Frasier:10/10
    Seinfeld:8/10
    Community:9/10 except for season 4-5 which are like 6/10
    Modern Family:8/10
    The Simpsons:8/10 in it's prime, more like 4-5/10 nowadays.
    Friends:4/10
    Freaks and Geeks:8/10
    The Andy Griffith Show:8/10
    Gomer Pyle:6/10
    Beverly Hillbillies:6/10
    All in the Family:8/10
    The Three Stooges:10/10 with Curly or Shemp, 6/10 with Joe Besser
    The Abbott and Costello Show:7/10
    Wings:6/10
    Northern Exposure:6/10

Sci-fi/Horror:
    Star Trek TOS:6/10
    Star Trek TNG:8/10
    Star Trek DS9:7/10 early on, turns into a 9/10 later on
    Star Trek Voyager:6/10
    Star Trek Enterprise:5/10
    Firefly:7/10
    The Twilight Zone(original):9/10
    The Outer Limits(original):7/10
    The Walking Dead:6/10
    American Horror Story:7-8/10 depending on the season
    X-Files:7/10
    Highlander-The Series:7/10
    Forever Knight:7/10
    Lost:Started out 8/10, dropped down to about a 6/10
    American Gothic:8/10

Comic Stuff:
    Daredevil:8/10
    Jessica Jones:6/10
    Justice League/Justice League Unlimited:10/10
    Batman TAS:9/10
    Superman TAS:7/10
    Wolverine and the X-Men:8/10
    The X-Men:7/10

Westerns:
    Have Gun Will Travel:9/10
    Deadwood:10/10
    Marshall Dillon:8/10
    Gunsmoke:7/10
    Rawhide:6/10
    The Rifleman:7/10
    Bonanza:6/10

Misc:
    Forensic Files, Homicide Hunter, various other Investigate Discovery channel true crime/forensics shows:7-8/10 depending on the show(I find the stuff fascinating)
    Hillbilly Blood:8/10
    Mountain Monsters, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Brothers, various other monster/ghost hunter shows:5/10(yeah, I know they're dumb, but they can be entertaining dumb in small doses)
    Ancient Aliens:5/10(same comment as above)
    Pawn Stars:7/10
    American Pickers:7/10
    WWE Raw/Smackdown/TNA Impact:Can be anywhere from a 3/10 to a 9/10, depending on the era and the specific matches

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have seen more shows, naturally. But I don't avidly watch television- haven't had a television service in close to 18 years now. I listed what I finished, caught up on and remember. I saw a lot of stuff that wasn't good or I had no interest in seeing more: Homeland, Dexter, etc.

Also I am old. Like I was watching Hill Street Blues as it aired.
    I'm not going to even attempt this, if I'm not as old as Fencers, I'm likely much older, so yeah, the damn list would be entirely too long.

edit: I actually remember first runs of Mission Impossible, Ironside, and Baretta.
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-08-29 at 02:56 PM.

Example:

Loved the martial arts theme with several special habilities. The last episode was amazing.

Best school serie of all time. Made me addicted to school series even though there are not many with the same caliber.
    Also enjoyed Into the Badlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Example:

There was one I watched last year, season one of the show, but they chose to discontinue it. I was VERY disappointed. But right now although it is on the tip of my tongue I cannot remember the name of it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Wow, that's kinda hard... I'd have to Fencers this up at some point. the argument is something like this:
    Californication season 1-2 are 8.5/10, the last season is a -45/10 so like... overally, i tell people this show is fucking brilliant but if you want to stop watching after season 3, it's probably for the best. I mean, you should still check out Addy Timlin's tits... and the still amazing level of "talent" liek Camilla Luddington, Tara Holt etc etc etc, but the rest seems to mostly meh the longer the show goes on. As a whole, as a series... I'd have to maybe give it a 6/10... that "high" of a rating more for how awesome it starts, but I feel the agony of finishing it should make it lower than that.

Meanwhile, my all-time favorite show, The Wire, is easily a 9.5/10 and has almost NOTHING that made my love the first 2 seasons of Californication lol

- - - Updated - - -

This is a show I started and felt too monster of the week for me, but I only watched maybe... 5-6 episodes. I started it strictly for Michael Emerson as he was one of my favorites from LOST.
    honestly it gets better and better, especially by the end of Season 2. Supernatural was that same kinda show but then it picked up the pace after season 2 ended.

Deleted
    My So Called Life: 7/10

I think the target audience is for girls...but i dont care
    It's hard to find good school series after watching freaks and geeks. This is what i came across. It's really not that bad but it's a little boring at times.

Jared Leto is in it and he is a total douchebag. lel this serie is totally a guilty pleasure of mine.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-08-29 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Star Trek TNG:8/10
    Star Trek DS9:7/10 early on, turns into a 9/10 later on
    I'd recommend this to anyone; TNG and DS9 are television classics not to be missed. DS9 gets amaze-balls good during the later seasons, to the point where almost every episode near the end could be considered among Star Trek's best episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd recommend this to anyone; TNG and DS9 are television classics not to be missed. DS9 gets amaze-balls good during the later seasons, to the point where almost every episode near the end could be considered among Star Trek's best episodes.
    I've heard it's kind of Babylon 5-light edition though.

Deleted
    Mr. Robot 10/10 - An absolutely amazing series that isn't all about keyboard smashing.

19-2

I thought it was going to be shit, I actually love the show. I don't know what I would rate it though.