Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is it just me or when Genn says Sylvanas I thought at first it was the lich king lol

So hypothetically speaking, would your average Vrykul be happy or mad with Sylvanas right about now?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    So hypothetically speaking, would your average Vrykul be happy or mad with Sylvanas right about now?
    Mad probably given that they seem all wrapped up in Odyn's way of things in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bievahh View Post
    Nobody was enslaved lol you keep saying that but serving is different from enslaved. The only enslaved Val'kyr were the Scourge ones.

The val'kyr are "warrior maidens of old" and "each was the greatest warrior of her generation." They are sisters who "served the warriors of the north in life, and chose to continue [their] service in death."

The modern val'kyr are a creation of the Lich King, bound to him without a choice.[7]- -WoW Gamepedia.
    Quoting Wowpedia isn't really helpful, when it isn't up to date in that regard. Odyn transformed Helya into the first Val'kyr against her will and she was sent out to transform other unwilling Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

They'd want her head

damn can the player regarding of faction can chose to help genn?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Mad probably given that they seem all wrapped up in Odyn's way of things in the present day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Quoting Wowpedia isn't really helpful, when it isn't up to date in that regard. Odyn transformed Helya into the first Val'kyr against her will and she was sent out to transform other unwilling Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

They'd want her head
    There goes my hopes of Horde Vrykul :c

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They'd want her head
    It is up to date, the book you are getting your info from is months old, but whatever I'm done with this cause you are clearly one of those people that won't give in even with proof and facts shown to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Your average Vrykul will worship Odyn or Helya, so no either way

It is up to date, the book you are getting your info from is months old, but whatever I'm done with this cause you are clearly one of those people that won't give in even with proof and facts shown to you
    What source does wowpedia have that's more recent that talks about that period in the past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    What they said ^

She made a pact wioth helya (you know that evil vrykul godess of the underworld) and essentially wants to take Eyir's power for herself, then force her and her Val'kyr into slavery/submission
    She wish for the power to create more Valkyr, and she needs Eyir to relinquish that power (so she was forcing her into submission)

Keep in mind, Eyir is sworn to Odyn (and I guess you could say the warrior hero) and is helping us fight the legion, and her Val'kyr are the only reason the Valarjar can exist. So what she is doing is very bad
    True, Helya have them trapped in Valarjar, so i guess that Sylvanas will end up doble crossing Helya and will (ultimately) help Odyn by freeing him from the curse (Depending how things end up with Eyir, it may go in many different ways)

Are you arguing an open editing wiki is a better source than official Blizzard lore?

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Nope and I wish choice was there, since as Alliance I still would have helped Sylvanas

Deleted
    WoWpedia isn't an official lore source, you know that? And how can a fan site be "up to date" regarding a lore book that is the only source we have about the deal between Odyn and Helya.

Odyn killed Helya and turned her into a Valkyr maker slave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Nope and I wish choice was there, since as Alliance I still would have helped Sylvanas
    Same I wish choice was there aswell, since as Horde I would've taken that arrow for Genn

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Show me where in the lore does it say they were slaves, the lore does however state that the Val'kyr used by the Lich King were bound against their will. It never states that Odin bound them against their will, however yes he did transform Helya against her will which you can look at as messed up but it's for the greater good.
    According to Odyn.

So if According to Sylvanas becoming immortal is for the greater good, it is and everything she ever does will be ok?

For the greater good, you sit here and call Odin bad but then probably love DHs and Illidan.
    Nothing like swinging in the dark when you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Napee View Post
    I haven't played beta and am really curious what the story leading up to that Cinematic is.

Is she trying to make herself an immortal to not be able to die and return to "That place"? (void?)

Who is the valkyr in that cinematic?
    that val'kyr is eyir, the current val'kyr queen, sylvanas wanted to enslave her so she doesnt run out of val'kyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you'd help killing your own warchief, which would be the last thing the horde needs atm.

people keep saying "she needs to die!" and all that, but they dont realize that if she dies that horde would turn from a shitty piece of shit, to an even shittier piece of shit.
    should i remind what happened in mop to garrosh wanna-be-world-conqueror-scream? and tons and tons of horde forces?
    should i remind what overpowered shaman suddenly doesnt have any powers anymore? should i remind you what troll lately died and left the darkspear leaderless?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-30 at 02:16 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    What they said ^

She made a pact wioth helya (you know that evil vrykul godess of the underworld) and essentially wants to take Eyir's power for herself, then force her and her Val'kyr into slavery/submission

Keep in mind, Eyir is sworn to Odyn (and I guess you could say the warrior hero) and is helping us fight the legion, and her Val'kyr are the only reason the Valarjar can exist. So what she is doing is very bad
    Except Odyn enslaved Helya and forced her to become first Val'kyr against her will. We just helping her to get revenge. Odyn maybe fights legion for now, but he is corrupted.

Deleted
    In short: she is a loser and val'kyr works like lives in old school games. she needs a lot of lives

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The ending of that cinematic is the most jRPG shit i ever seen in wow. "I could finish you here and now, but im just gonna stand here in ave. See you in next 2 chapters where my boss fight will have 1 more gimmick".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Except Odyn enslaved Helya and forced her to become first Val'kyr against her will. We just helping her to get revenge. Odyn maybe fights legion for now, but he is corrupted.
    He is not corrupted, he's an Asshole, he is like the Mogu, they feel "superior" to other races in Azeroth (the same way he felt superior than the dragons)