Deleted

I have never tanked before buuuut...

I would like to do it in L. yes, since vanilla I have never, really never ever forever and ever tried tanking spec, but for some reason Vengeance speaks to me, in tongues!

Is tanking a difficult job? Is Vengeance tanking difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    tanking in general isnt difficult since they removed the requirement for defense rating and made overall threat generation higher. its something you can jump right into and as long as you have aggro, you're good to go* (*so long as you have a general understanding of when to use what abilities/cooldowns)

vengeance is the most mobile tank i've ever played, and i for one don't think its difficult. it's really fun and has quite a bit of utility with the sigils. they'll excel against bosses or packs of 2-3 due to their flame brand (?name) and demon spikes
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Been tanking since BC (for the context).

Vengeance is actually a pretty straight forward spec, at least for the basics. Generate pain, spend to heal, use Demon Spikes to avoid sitting on 2 stacks (ideally always have one available) ; for example, learning to tank with a BrM could be more challenging / less intuitive.
    "Is tanking a difficult job?" Obviously it depends the context, but given your post, I assume you don't plan to do MM progression asap. Tanking is not difficult per say but it's maybe less mechanical than DPS, and it can feel stressful as everybody will notice your mistakes.

If you already have a DH, you should jump into the proving grounds and get used to picking adds, surviving correctly, placing mobs (a really important job and you can do that in PG by placing mobs in the fire pools), etc...

Do you have a decent UI ? It helps a great deal.
    Ideally, you should have a nameplate addon (like Tidy Plates) to notice immediately if a mob has a high threat on a non tank (you or your co-tank), TMW or WA to monitor things like Demon Spikes, Immo Aura, big CDs. If you want a simple solution, just pick the WA others have created.

Well i tried multiple tanks, vengence was far the hardest, not beacuse it was hard, the rest is just too easy
    but when it comes to tanking your foucs is 50% rotation and 50% position/group awarness/ etc..
    its diff then DPS, you need to get used to lead the pulls, when to know how much your group can handle etc..

It's not bad, go do some invasions, when you can stay alive against any of the mobs apart from the final boss without any external healing other than incidental you can probably feel comfortable tanking.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    It's not bad, go do some invasions, when you can stay alive against any of the mobs apart from the final boss or fel reavers without any external healing other than incidental you can probably feel comfortable tanking.
    Fixed Those things are nuts, don't forget about them !!!!

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking isn't more difficult than either of the other roles, it just requires focusing on different things. If you're a good player, you can tank, you'll just need some practice/experience. I think it's fun--I think all three roles (or four, if you separate ranged DPS from melee DPS) are fun.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Fixed Those things are nuts, don't forget about them !!!!
    I am so happy they kept Fel Reavers badass. What player doesn't have memories of leveling in Hellfire Peninsula when suddenly their screen begins to quake... usually led to forgetting what any of your buttons did and just running like a chicken till you got stomped yet again.

From their role in Varian's death, to the impossibility of face tanking them at invasion points, they've kept the Fel Reavers scary. Good on Blizz.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

at this point tanking is almost like being a dps with just a little more responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I would like to do it in L. yes, since vanilla I have never, really never ever forever and ever tried tanking spec, but for some reason Vengeance speaks to me, in tongues!

Is tanking a difficult job? Is Vengeance tanking difficult?
    Doing the minimum as tank - staying alive, holding threat - is not all that difficult. Excellence in a tank is defined more by your skill at controlling the fight. It's nice when you can do good individual DPS, but your real job is to facilitate the whole group's DPS. By moving, positioning, and facing the targets correctly, you can lessen the strain on healers and allow your DPS to focus more on their rotations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    at this point tanking is almost like being a dps with just a little more responsibility
    A good tank improves everyone's dps, not just their own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Doing the minimum as tank - staying alive, holding threat - is not all that difficult. Excellence in a tank is defined more by your skill at controlling the fight. It's nice when you can do good individual DPS, but your real job is to facilitate the whole group's DPS. By moving, positioning, and facing the targets correctly, you can lessen the strain on healers and allow your DPS to focus more on their rotations.
    Nailed it here. And said control is what draws me to tanking.

But the same can be said of all classes: a good player will make those they play with perform better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Nailed it here. And said control is what draws me to tanking.

But the same can be said of all classes: a good player will make those they play with perform better.
    damn, all this time, I thought I was supposed to troll my guild's hunters by moving everything out of their mirrors of the bladesmasters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    damn, all this time, I thought I was supposed to troll my guild's hunters by moving everything out of their mirrors of the bladesmasters
    Only in LFR.

Your goal as tank in LFR is to make sure everyone is awake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Only in LFR.

Your goal as tank in LFR is to make sure everyone is awake.
    With hunters, you have to position your group of mobs as close as possible to the next group of mobs, so you can make them feel guilty about Barrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    With hunters, you have to position your group of mobs as close as possible to the next group of mobs, so you can make them feel guilty about Barrage.
    Thank you for making me laugh this early in the morning =P.