Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If your servers main city is empty move to another server. I have moved server 2 times in the last 10 years there are tons and tons of people in my current server.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah I would agree with the OP. Modern WoW is quite a departure from vanilla; there are ever fewer RPG elements, and now fewer MMO elements as well. It's becoming more of an SSM - single player slot machine eschewing fun in favor of addiction, because addiction is easier to manufacture.
    Please do go into great detail how there is few RPG or MMO elements.

Not needing ammo anymore isn't a lack of a RPG feature champ. Want to see RPG? Go to a RPG server there is loud's of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Only 30% of the whole community raids.
    Raiding is a dead and outdated concept of oldschool MMO's.

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)
    Yeah no people need to stop saying this definitely wrong number. The number of top end players with multiple(not just 2) accounts ends up making it more like 50% or more of the population raids. It's not outdated.

If you don't like raiding as the end game perhaps you should heed this statement Blizzard needs to learn to say:

This might not be the game for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    SWTOR The current expansion is all about having a single player experience.
    Eh SWTOR was ALWAYS about that with group content including pvp spattered in. Weird that a failed game is being cited though in regards to being anti group/anti raid since that would be a support for raiding.

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)
    So, what should we be doing, then? If raiding is "dead and outdated", then what are you doing shitposting on a fan forum? Apply for a job at Blizzard and tell them that you know the next big thing in MMORPGs. You'll be rich.

Also, I'd be looking at only max-level characters for raid stats, not "the whole community".

I think one thing almost everyone can agree with is listening to suggestions from people on this forum is likely the worse idea one can do. In particular when it comes to the OP of this thread.

I really love a true MMO with global chat and no LFR type feature. Community is essential to make an MMO thrive. Sharding and the suramar questline are two more abominations that need to go. Unfortunately, no MMO exists that gives us what we need.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I really love a true MMO with global chat and no LFR type feature. Community is essential to make an MMO thrive. Sharding and the suramar questline are two more abominations that need to go. Unfortunately, no MMO exists that gives us what we need.
    Go play Project 1998 that seems to be what u want.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Dense..Really really dense.

I cant explain it better, i give up

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them. Some people though seem to be stuck on the "my opinion is fact your is false" setting.

don't bother explaining it again because you are flat out wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    With all the phasing going on. You barely see a small percentage of your server.
    There are like 5 different faces going on Outland realm and everytime it gets to crowded you see half the world fading away around you.
    This is one of those features who will probably hurt more people then actually help.

I don't see point in MMO's having a feature that makes the world less populated.

And no one can convince me why it's better.
    I am playing a MMORPG, i don't want to see 20% of the active players of my server.

Legion is obviously doing quite amazing so far it has shown us. but the new phasing feature, is one of the biggest NO in WoW history.
    Nobody wants 200 people in a zone fighting over npcs or dying like flies because Blizzard spawns NPC's are higher rates to compensate for the number of players in the zone. The new tech allows a safe happy number which is both good for the server, the player and the overall game experience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Don't you people ever get tired of being negative? The constant whining is actually crazy, it's always something. Yes maybe Outland will be seeing less people, not even sure that's true. But for lower population realms this is a good change. Your avatar suits you.
    You do realise youre whining yourself now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Nobody wants 200 people in a zone fighting over npcs or dying like flies because Blizzard spawns NPC's are higher rates to compensate for the number of players in the zone. The new tech allows a safe happy number which is both good for the server, the player and the overall game experience.
    But I thought that lagging out because a zone was too full was the very heart of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    But I thought that lagging out because a zone was too full was the very heart of WoW?
    That and waiting 2 hours to get a dungeon from spamming LF Tank/Heals (Insert dungeon name here)
    Killing 50 Zebras for 5 hooves
    Not playing on Tuesdays
    Not having your fave class/spec viable for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That and waiting 2 hours to get a dungeon from spamming LF Tank/Heals (Insert dungeon name here)
    Killing 50 Zebras for 5 hooves
    Not playing on Tuesdays
    Not having your fave class/spec viable for anything
    inorite?

Honestly these people HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HISTORY

With all the phasing going on. You barely see a small percentage of your server.
    There are like 5 different faces going on Outland realm and everytime it gets to crowded you see half the world fading away around you.
    This is one of those features who will probably hurt more people then actually help.

I don't see point in MMO's having a feature that makes the world less populated.

I am playing a MMORPG, i don't want to see 20% of the active players of my server.

Legion is obviously doing quite amazing so far it has shown us. but the new phasing feature, is one of the biggest NO in WoW history.
    honestly the choice is btw this and lag and server crash, the lunch was perfect i had 0 lag and was able to teleport in dalaran and activate kadgar without being stuck on loading screen forever, that will beat any complain.

I the future application of this mean we can have back server wide event like the aq gates without the lag of one trillion of chars around and without being stuck on boat forever.

so kudos to blizzard for inventing this new tech
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    honestly the choice is btw this and lag and server crash, the lunch was perfect i had 0 lag and was able to teleport in dalaran and activate kadgar without being stuck on loading screen forever, that will beat any complain.

I the future application of this mean we can have back server wide event like the aq gates without the lag of one trillion of chars around and without being stuck on boat forever.

so kudos to blizzard for inventing this new tech
    The tech has been there since cata btw. They just refrained from using it, because this is what happens. You get empty world that feels like a dead game.

The servers use sharding only if necessary. On a low/mid pop realm you don't see shards most of the time, WoD zoned quite much, but if everyone had the lastest part of the quest, all was visible again.

Problem is, on an overcrowded server like outland you NEED to cap the players, because the servers couldn't handle so much at once. That's actually why the past expansions had so extreme lag, disconnects and crushes.
    Also 4k ppl in a small place on the map is no fun.

Guess the biggest problem is the technical limit of how many players can be at the same time in a specific area. If there are to many, you have to cut the numbers. Even with more and better servers it wouldn't work, because there's a maximum you can share a workload in a cluster.

Not to mention that many play wow with older hardware and that could crush them easily.

At first everyone was whining about the servers and instability on realms, now blizzard did something and it works and you raise this thread. Honestly - what would you suggest they do? Do you really thing their engineers and programmers are dumb and not capable to get a good solution for this? Their current solution is the best of what you can make, if you ever had a cluster you will know what I mean. Also on a game point ... there's no fun if 5k ppl run around in dalaran in the same instance. Really. If you wanna see more ppl, transfer to a mid pop realm, there will be no sharding.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really like it. I do not, under any circumstance want to endure hellfire peninsula on tbc launch again. I don't want there to be hundreds of people zerg rushing the entire island to death as we fight for hours to secure our 10 boar kills in just one of the quests.

There was still about 3-8 people in sight for the most part, and tag spamming and zerging was still happening.

I'd guess saying 30% of the population raids is generous at best. Considering LFR isn't raiding (according to the majority of posters here) it's probably closer to 15%

All I got from the OP was "I sure do like wading through thousands of people to click a item that will be busy and unlootable for the next two hours."

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I dunno...who stands around talking to 50 random strangers? How would this even be possible, whether in a game or in real life? How would you even stand around talking to even 10 random strangers? What would 10 random people all be on the same page about and be having a cohesive conversation about? Sometimes I wonder if people forget that this game isn't an AOl chat room.
    . This is the most sane response here.