Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Except Chronicle undid that.
    The Aspects were to prevent the Hour of Twilight, which they did in Cata. Their purpose had nothing to do with the Legion, which the Pantheon had no knowledge of at the time the Aspects were empowered.

Deleted
    I like it that Kalec is the only Aspect that isn't taking a back seat and is always featured one way or another since TBC, even if with the minor appearances in Northrend and Pandaria. That really keeps his character interesting to me.

What I am really pissed off at however isn't the Aspects being unpresent. I just can't swallow for the life of me why would Blizzard NOT have Wrathion show up in the pre patch at least and smugly declared "I told you so". Forget that, how the Hell he isn't even involved in Legion after all he attempted to achieve in Pandaria is beyond me.

I surely hope Wrathion makes a return in Legion somewhere down the line because otherwise, that would be absolutely garbage character treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I like it that Kalec is the only Aspect that isn't taking a back seat and is always featured one way or another since TBC, even if with the minor appearances in Northrend and Pandaria. That really keeps his character interesting to me.

What I am really pissed off at however isn't the Aspects being unpresent. I just can't swallow for the life of me why would Blizzard NOT have Wrathion show up in the pre patch at least and smugly declared "I told you so". Forget that, how the Hell he isn't even involved in Legion after all he attempted to achieve in Pandaria is beyond me.

I surely hope Wrathion makes a return in Legion somewhere down the line because otherwise, that would be absolutely garbage character treatment.
    hopefully later on he'll appear. he screwed up big time because he basicly caused this legion invasion by helping Garrosh get to AU draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    He screwed up big time because he basicly caused this legion invasion by helping Garrosh get to AU draenor.
    Actually, this is exactly why he should appear; it will make for very interesting interactions.

On one hand, the major characters will point out what you brought up in your post, but on the other hand, he will reply smugly that he had to take matters in his own hands because all of us have failed, and had we not interfered none of this would have happened.

He would be a very conflicted character. He is the villain in everyone's eyes, but he believes very much that his way is the best way.

Deleted
    hopefully later on he'll appear. he screwed up big time because he basicly caused this legion invasion by helping Garrosh get to AU draenor.
    That was not Kalec... It wasn't even a blue dragon.

Additionaly:
    I hear the green flight has a quite big role in one of the questing zones.
    Additionaly there is a certain dragon of a certain dragonflight involved in HM-story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

Additionaly:
    Additionaly there is a certain dragon of a certain dragonflight involved in HM-story.
    He is referring to Wrathion...

Anyway, they do appear elsewhere. Ysera for example concerning the nightmare

- - - Updated - - -

Additionaly:
    was refering to wrathion

Deleted
    was refering to wrathion
    Ahh, sorry;
    I blame the midnight launch.

Deleted
    Ahh, sorry;
    I blame the midnight launch.
    Imagine Kalec turning out to be the Mastermind all along, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Imagine Kalec turning out to be the Mastermind all along, though.
    Well,... he gave jaina blue (lady-)balls... so he is partialy responsible for the ongoing conflict between the horde and the alliance. ;D

edit: Oh my... i just realized this sounds nastier than it's supposed to (due to him being a blue dragon).

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...whats with this new argument of "it was a trap so why are you expecting X" ?

NOBODY KNEW THIS. Nobody. SI:7 didn't get that information to anybody.

People need to stop pretending the Horde and Alliance were ignorant of everything. They didn't know the plan was to wipe them all out once they got there, but they were aware it was an invasion-level attack. There's kind of a reason why both factions brought all the shit they had.

It wouldn't have been hard to have some dragons in the air fighting the ten billion felbats everywhere.
    i mean tbh u just had to circle around the island to see its probably an insanely stupid idea to attack

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion was just written out of Legion for no reason despite the Legion's return being the literal point of his existence as a character.
    I nearly forgot, where the heck is he !?
    I mean he is the reason we are in this mess
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    i mean tbh u just had to circle around the island to see its probably an insanely stupid idea to attack
    It's not like our spies failed at gathering intel; they failed at delivering it to us (they got themselves killed and replaced by dreadlords).

Did you watch the Legion-intro at all? Does it look like the kind of weather you would cruise around the island in?

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I nearly forgot, where the heck is he !?
    I mean he is the reason we are in this mess
    With how much they promissed in a recent interview... we are probably in for a "Cain and Abel" arc with him and Ebyssian in the main roles. :P
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-30 at 10:43 AM.

End of Cata was dumb as shit. They said that they fullfilled their destiny so they become mortal. Soooo, their destiny was to kill one of themselves, then why were they even formed? I never got it and never will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Aspects were to prevent the Hour of Twilight, which they did in Cata. Their purpose had nothing to do with the Legion, which the Pantheon had no knowledge of at the time the Aspects were empowered.
    If aspects didn't exist Hour of Twilight wouldn't even be a thing.

As i read long ago their job given by the Titans was to protect Azeroth. I don't know but for me it seems Azeroth still had threats after DW died. They retired a bit early, mabye the age limit was reduced by Azeroth's government to 10k years.
    Last edited by Koloss; 2016-08-30 at 10:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    End of Cata was dumb as shit. They said that they fullfilled their destiny so they become mortal. Soooo, their destiny was to kill one of themselves, then why were they even formed? I never got it and never will.

- - - Updated - - -

As i read long ago their job given by the Titans was to protect Azeroth. I don't know but for me it seems Azeroth still had threats after DW died.
    I think they meant they job as Azeroth protectors are done and "we" mortals are the new Guardians - still dumb-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I think they meant they job as Azeroth protectors are done and "we" mortals are the new Guardians - still dumb-.
    Yeah they probably meant that, they saw that we're PREPARED and stuff, but as you said still dumb.

Most likely they realised that it would be boring if they were the helpers of all expansions.

Btw a vid came into my mind, i found it pretty funny back then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcGDH7s1qM

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post

As i read long ago their job given by the Titans was to protect Azeroth. I don't know but for me it seems Azeroth still had threats after DW died. They retired a bit early, mabye the age limit was reduced by Azeroth's government to 10k years.
    Blizzard explained it in an ask developer session before:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Alexstrasza states that the Aspects' "great purpose" has been fulfilled. However, the titans empowered the Aspects to watch over Azeroth and not to just stop Deathwing's second Cataclysm. Since Aman'Thul gifted Nozdormu with his powers over time, it's possible he predicted Deathwing's ultimate corruption, but that doesn't explain why the Aspects would be like "alright, job's done, vacation time" when there's still other threats to consider (N'Zoth and the Burning Legion, for example). Is this a retcon or are we missing something?
    Aman'Thul, the wise leader of the titan Pantheon, had seen in a vision that the Old Gods would one day cause a catastrophe with the potential to wipe out all life on Azeroth. He and a few members of the Pantheon empowered the five Dragon Aspects with the ultimate goal of averting this single catastrophe, this Hour of Twilight, though they strove to defend Azeroth whenever a suitably apocalyptic threat emerged. Despite Aman'Thul's vast powers, however, he was not omniscient: neither he, nor any of the other titans or Aspects knew that Neltharion the Earth-Warder would become a pawn of the Old Gods and the herald of the apocalypse. However, following the War of the Ancients and Neltharion's betrayal, Nozdormu received another vision of the future that made it clear that their own brother would be the Hour of Twilight's harbinger. The titans bestowed upon all five Aspects enough power to avert the apocalypse, and by turning one of the Aspects to their side, the Old Gods believed this would make their ultimate plan foolproof.
    So what I get from it is that - basically, Aman'thul's future vision of the Hour of Twilight back then wasn't perfect. Maybe it wasn't detailed enough, maybe he didn't bother investigating too far into the vision, maybe Hour of Twilight was too far off in the future for Aman'thul's power to work perfectly, maybe none or all of those reasons together. However, we know that Aman'thul only knew that the Old Gods would cause the Hour of Twilight, but he didn't know that Deathwing was the cause of it (Nozdormu only saw that vision much later - after WoTA - as well). Thus, the Pantheon blessed the Aspects with enough power to avert the Hour of Twilight without realizing that one of the Aspect (Deathwing) would be the cause of it, making it a stable loop.

P/S: FML, took a short break for dinner, came back disconnected and now I'm stuck in a queue :/
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-30 at 12:59 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

...whats with this new argument of "it was a trap so why are you expecting X" ?

NOBODY KNEW THIS. Nobody. SI:7 didn't get that information to anybody.

People need to stop pretending the Horde and Alliance were ignorant of everything. They didn't know the plan was to wipe them all out once they got there, but they were aware it was an invasion-level attack. There's kind of a reason why both factions brought all the shit they had.

It wouldn't have been hard to have some dragons in the air fighting the ten billion felbats everywhere.
    Without going into major spoilers, the Rogue campaign goes further into the events Pre-Broken Shore for those wondering. But basically, the Alliance and Horde had no idea the scale of what they were getting into.

There were a number of factions that were missing that should have come and fought at the Broken Shore.

But the Red Dragonflight is probably the most obvious. Despite their powers over life waining, they're fucking dragons. Alexstraza still cares about the world and it's inhabitants. The Red Dragonflight is still going strong and hasn't had any other shit to do like the Bronze and Green Dragonflights. Having them appear even in just the background would have upped the sense of scale of the Broken Shore Invasion. Imagine flighting the demons on the ground and looking up to see Dragons helping cover from above? Every so often coming in and burning up a few demons on the ground.

However we also have a handful of leaders who probably should have been present; at least one of The Council of Three Hammers members, Tyrande, Malfurion, Lor'thmar, Varok, Ji and Aysa. It felt weird they were kind of left behind. As far as leaders go. I mean why isn't Malfurion who lead the surviving forces to victory during the second invasion helping lead the charge? He's been through this twice before. We know he wasn't in Val'Sharah yet because he attends Varian's funeral afterwards. Tyrande went through this before twice as well, but she's absent. The sentinels would have come in handy here.

The Broken Shore is a huge missed opportunity, and could have been an amazing grand scale battle. And despite their new dialogue style with talking heads, that allows you to listen and read dialogue on the fly while the action still continues, they're still terrified of putting more than a small handful of characters together.

But then again they did awkwardly leave Jaina out of the entire final cutscene entirely, so maybe they just can't wrap their heads around it. I love Blizzard, but they make me scratch my head some times.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2016-08-30 at 04:28 PM.

I remember Kalec was imbued with a small portion of sunwell power, now time to become a Holy dragon.
    Last edited by wintervictor; 2016-08-30 at 04:58 PM.

I've questioned this in several posts before. Its nonsense that they are doing nothing after having been assigned by the titans to protect Azeroth. Just because they basically looked at Thrall fire off the Dragon Soul at Deathwing, it doesn't mean Azeroth will never again be in danger. After all, who are they to determine when they can quit defending Azeroth. The purpose of their entire existence is to defend it.

The ending of Cataclysm is when the lore really went downhill.