Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Warriors are full on Vikings

Anyone else turned off by the Artifact intro and class hall and feel like changing class? I thought things would be a little more subtle but it's straight up Vikings with swedish accents and mead halls. This is a very specific theme they've forced all warriors into. Where's the calm Roman General warrior theme?

Deleted
    Wasn't this overdiscussed in the past 6 months?

Your main resource is called: "Rage", this should indicate the class has nothing to do with calm.

they chose a theme they thought fit, I don't really get the point of focusing on whats wrong, focus on the fact we're getting loads of good new content. they made a whole instanced area for all the classes and a seperate storyline for each specialization. pls. stahp complaining.

Just transmog into a Roman soldier-type thing. RP your way through Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Anyone else turned off by the Artifact intro and class hall and feel like changing class? I thought things would be a little more subtle but it's straight up Vikings with swedish accents and mead halls. This is a very specific theme they've forced all warriors into. Where's the calm Roman General warrior theme?
    VERY much agreed, our resource is basicly a angermeasurment. Vikings story with abusing shrooms to enter an enraged state is fucking perfect. I love vikings.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Nowhere, just like always. That's never been a part of the Warcraft warrior theme.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    i would have preferred if they had gone full non-magical with some sort of "meeting of the clans" of all races on some planes in azeroth where each race is represented by their greatest warriors and (since blizzard wants to push the greatness of PC) us the PC as the mediator/whatever.

This whole valarjar crap gives me nothing. I mean, wtf, Saurfang is just shot down in the intro to our campaign.

I bloody love it. It's amazing. Who want's to be a calm Warrior? Our resource is called Rage, the spec 'Fury' should also give you some indication of the class fantasy.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-08-30 at 10:25 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wasn't this overdiscussed in the past 6 months?

Your main resource is called: "Rage", this should indicate the class has nothing to do with calm.
    I never understood rage as a resource.

YOU ARE NOT PISSED OFF ENOUGH TO USE THAT ABILITY!!

I dig it. Just hope they don't overuse it as inspiration for armor sets. Could get repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post

Rage fits the Warrior theme perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by vito578 View Post
    they chose a theme they thought fit, I don't really get the point of focusing on whats wrong, focus on the fact we're getting loads of good new content. they made a whole instanced area for all the classes and a seperate storyline for each specialization. pls. stahp complaining.
    Blizzard has flat out said that the warrior hall and campaign aren't warrior themed.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Did you just find out about this, OP? We've had threads about this and tons of discussions all over this section of the forums about the lore.

That being said, I have no issues with it.

The less time I have to spend up in that place the better, just hope they won't keep sending vikings to intrude like in the Exodar scenario. Such a huge turn-off. Maybe if there weren't other warriors up there breaking any semblance of immersion or feel to it I could learn to stomach it all, but now it's just a giant confusing mess :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind that whole viking/vrykul theme, but our class hall is a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I used to think along those same lines when we had rage penalties for swapping stances. You went from weapons out and "I'LL CARVE YOU UP AND DRINK YOUR BLOOD AND USE YOUR SKULL AS A BEER MUG" to "Why hello good sir! How do you do?" in the span of about two seconds, because you shifted your feet apart a little.

OT: I'm fine with the theme. Raging berserker is exactly what I was going for when I rolled a warrior.

I don't find the viking-theme to be overtly encompassing of warriors, but it's not bad. I don't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengwulf View Post
    I don't really mind that whole viking/vrykul theme, but our class hall is a piece of crap.
    I expect lots of future angry posts from people who started warrior, then did their alts, once they see how better put together every other hall is.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I agree except about the calm Roman. Wow warriors are more like Sparta 300 warriors.

It's basically an Alliance warrior hall. Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Pandas have no connection whatsoever to to the Viking/Valhalla theme.