Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I go by the number of friends I've seen reactivating their accounts, I highly doubt it will be a case of "few players". My rough estimate for the launch (which will probably halve quickly, but that's another matter) is 9-9.5 million players. We'll see the data soon enough I guess.
    Last edited by arel00; 2016-08-30 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

This is a party.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea I have been so pleasantly surprised at this launch so far! Hats off, Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    You know why? Because nobody's playing this crap anymore.
    do you need a bandaid? i think you cut yourself on that edge

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Well yeah, like half the people are playing as usual. But yeah it's even smoother than I expected it to be.

It's called "Blizzard lost half of their subs in less than a year, and then there was a massive content drought that continued for several months after that." - Do you honestly think that every single one of those subs, or even close to it, came back? Almost impossible.
    i unsubed too. Thats why is there the option. when you dont have anything to do. You are talking about things you dont know only by fallacies. like "every wow launch was a laggy mess so this would be the same"

again, proves, or you cant arguee this.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    i unsubed too. Thats why is there the option. when you dont have anything to do. You are talking about things you dont know only by fallacies. like "every wow launch was a laggy mess so this would be the same"

I don;t have to prove anything... common sense dictates logical thinking. But hey.. if you think there are 10 million peeps playing... that's awesome for you! It's good to have positive thoughts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually I can argue anything I want to, this isn't a formal debate. The thing is though that what I'm arguing is far more likely than what you're arguing. I'm arguing that for the first time in history we've had a smooth launch which is likely due to the fact that Blizzard lost at least half of their subscribers - You're arguing that after having a poor experience with WoD all of those players, or even most of those players not only came back, but that they came back on or right before launch day. Extremely unlikely. Also the word you're looking for is "proof."

I think it is mostly due to population.
    Lot less people playing WoW these days.
    Not many returning players because of WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then why do they still post crap on forums?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Actually I can argue anything I want to, this isn't a formal debate. The thing is though that what I'm arguing is far more likely than what you're arguing. I'm arguing that for the first time in history we've had a smooth launch which is likely due to the fact that Blizzard lost at least half of their subscribers - You're arguing that after having a poor experience with WoD all of those players, or even most of those players not only came back, but that they came back on or right before launch day. Extremely unlikely. Also the word you're looking for is "proof."
    "proofs", some ppl in other post are talking abour 4k queues on some EU realms. maybe you are right, they are all bots.

proudmoore never had a queue either, as far as I could tell. I originally planned on logging in and just checking out the intro mission, but it was so smooth that I played for like three hours (whoops.jpg.)

blizzard crushed it; the new zone instance tech worked wonders. Then of course I hop on the mmoc forums the next morning and here's dudes desperately trying to find a way to spin it into evidence that the game's awful :rotate:

just go play something else man, direct your attention elsewhere. I promise you'll be happier that way

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot easier to launch a game when there's nowhere near 5 million people subscribed anymore. Let alone 10 million.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still having a hard time to believe this... almost 0 lag.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    EU too went really well for me
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don;t have to prove anything... common sense dictates logical thinking. But hey.. if you think there are 10 million peeps playing... that's awesome for you! It's good to have positive thoughts.
    there was realms fulled with 4k ppl on queue and 0 lag. sorry for you mate,

I was going to start a thread and it looks like OP beat me to it. I'm SO relieved that Blizzard had such a smooth launch - absolutely incredible!

I had become a bit cynical, thinking that Blizzard just saw the bottle-necking and lag issues as a part of an expansion launch experience. I was convinced that they viewed it as "it would cost too much to fix something that will only be a real issue early on in the expansion."

They definitely proved me wrong and I'm grateful that they made the necessary changes to make this a great launch experience!

Someone feels left out. ETA: 10.5m subs I bet

this weekend will be the big test imo.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

there was realms fulled with 4k ppl on queue and 0 lag. sorry for you mate,
    4000 is a far cry from 10 million... but you're right! I'm sure about something...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Someone feels left out. ETA: 10.5m subs I bet
    Meh.. maybe 5 mill tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU was excellent also.
    Well done Blizzard and I am really enjoying this expansion, feels as good as WOTLK so far