Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

This expansion looks like a huge step forward

This expansion mix elements of older expansions but it also has a vanilla aura into it , i never had this feeling since vanilla , its probably the added difficulty to mobs , the main lore... , the landscapes , it really reminds me of vanilla , the dialogues make sense and the scenario has a lot of plot twists compared to wod where it was utterly shit and nonsense. I dont like the cheesiness with the artifacts even though the halls are awesome (at least the priest ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the expansion so far. It's very promising.

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2016-08-30 at 01:02 PM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.
    Ok cool, most players want to feel like they matter though. Lorewise your rogue has been a part of defeating the worst evils in the universe.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we have different preferences of course. I only wish you could choose to stay just another dwarf of Ironforge
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Yeah, we have different preferences of course. I only wish you could choose to stay just another dwarf of Ironforge
    I agree. Being "Important" makes the shinies I get and achievements I reach seem a little less special.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: It is. At least for now, I'll hold judgement til we've had some patches.

Deleted
    Was alot better in my opinion to have an NPC leader and we all to be like special forces / heroes / etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally with you on this one mate ...
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Agree absolutely.

Been good so far. WOD was amazing for a month or so though. I will wait and see. It will mostly be up to how often they add content.

You know the most magic moments I had (solo)? Whenever I was required by a very important NPC to do something. To matter as a little guy (but seasoned adventurer) to a major Lore character. The times that Bolvar Fordragon, Tirion etc asked me to do stuff. That was amazing. I felt like I mattered to the story but would not be the main player of it. Because that would be the major lore character. And it was your job to have that major lore character see the objective through.
    So if you later read a book or something about the story in WoW... you can still read it like you were there in the backround.

That's because it is.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    That's because it is.
    You can't say that at this time. You'll have to revisit this thread in about 6 to 12 months to be sure of that.
    We all had a blast in WoD during leveling. Well maybe not you specifically but overal it was greeted as the 2nd coming on leveling. Because most people are still leveling, it is far too early to judge

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    I hate this as well. It started in Wrath with the first quest and they're like 'oh hey it's you, we heard about how awesome you are'.

But some people need that, they have bad parents or no friends, so Blizzard feels it's necessary to make them feel good about themselves.

Deleted
    In opposition to what the others said; I actually like the turn our importance has received;

My WoW goal back in Vanilla was:
    - be the one who defeats Arthas and avenges Uther and everything the Lich King did
    - ressurect the order of the silver hand

I guess they just made my initial goal possible (or actualy done!); which is great.
    (Don't get me wrong additional goals have appeared since then, but it still is great)

Yea so far the addon feels much better. The Dungeons i experienced displayed this odd sense of playfullness i was no longer used to see from Blizzard. One of the maps has the feel of an entire attraction of a theme park. Everything moves, everything acts besides you and you start it off on a bloody waterslide... Please, Blizzard, go on like that and you MAY just saved your game if the endgame is as good as what i saw so far. Of course you have to wait and see, but a lot feels much better than it did in WoD even without the Questing itself taking into account.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You can't say that at this time. You'll have to revisit this thread in about 6 to 12 months to be sure of that.
    We all had a blast in WoD during leveling. Well maybe not you specifically but overal it was greeted as the 2nd coming on leveling. Because most people are still leveling, it is far too early to judge
    The only cool part of wod was the intro and even then not so cool , not even close to legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If they don't let world content, professions, etc become completely irrelevant then yes, this is a huge step forward although it's from WoD that unfortunately took many small steps backwards because both Blizzard and us thought we wanted WoW without "mandatory" things to do.

And thus we ended up in apathy.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    That's because it is.
    Indeed.

Already in its base, Legion has more meaningful and rewarding content than WoD managed to scrape together in its lifetime. Zones feel populated and alive, they don't just serve as fish-bowls filled with means to gain XP...

It will all hinge upon the patch cycles though, but so far I can't fault my experience. Having a blast and feeling conflicted between rushing to 110, or taking my time... something I didn't feel in WoD.

If they keep up the patch cycles and all that jazz, Legion has the potential to surpass MoP in my book... that's a VERY tall order!

I'm curious how someone can suggest this when the game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet...

I'm not saying it's good or bad, but come on now...