Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    I hate this as well. It started in Wrath with the first quest and they're like 'oh hey it's you, we heard about how awesome you are'.

But some people need that, they have bad parents or no friends, so Blizzard feels it's necessary to make them feel good about themselves.
    you maybe just had very good partens, so you need slaps on your ass to enjoy a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    I'm curious how someone can suggest this when the game hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet...

I'm not saying it's good or bad, but come on now...
    exactly what I am saying. Even people in the BETA cannot already say that Legion is better then WoD.
    What you can do right now is know if the leveling experience is better then WoD. I have no opinion on the matter if it is or not. But you as a person can tell if that is the case according to your own taste.
    And no because we are leveling you cannot say if there is more content available now then during WoD. Come on! The only reason why people say that is because we have been starved of content for such a long time. But in the beginning you did quite a lot of WOD-content. Granted it lasted for 3 months and then you would be done. But during those months it was pretty good. Look at your own posts on MMO champ from back then to see if I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If they don't let world content, professions, etc become completely irrelevant then yes, this is a huge step forward although it's from WoD that unfortunately took many small steps backwards because both Blizzard and us thought we wanted WoW without "mandatory" things to do.

And thus we ended up in apathy.
    Amen to that, and to your sig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    exactly what I am saying. Even people in the BETA cannot already say that Legion is better then WoD.
    What you can do right now is know if the leveling experience is better then WoD. I have no opinion on the matter if it is or not. But you as a person can tell if that is the case according to your own taste.
    And no because we are leveling you cannot say if there is more content available now then during WoD. Come on! The only reason why people say that is because we have been starved of content for such a long time. But in the beginning you did quite a lot of WOD-content. Granted it lasted for 3 months and then you would be done. But during those months it was pretty good. Look at your own posts on MMO champ from back then to see if I am right.
    As someone having spent quite a lot of time on Beta, it's pretty easy to see that Legion has far more content and meaningful stuff to do @ Max level than WoD. It's seen in questing as well, with profession quests and story and lore...

Come on... WoD got TONS of negative feedback and concerns raised in regards to the longevity potential of the "content". Already at that point, Legion is a 180.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    I hate this as well. It started in Wrath with the first quest and they're like 'oh hey it's you, we heard about how awesome you are'.

But some people need that, they have bad parents or no friends, so Blizzard feels it's necessary to make them feel good about themselves.
    You've killed or helped kill some really important villains, being treated like some low-rate celebrity would be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I really like the expansion so far. It's very promising.

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    The fact that you don't want the position of leadership makes you the ideal leader.

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    I agree with you on this one!

So basically, you have had this responsibility thrust upon you, despite not wanting it in the slightest. This is not an uncommon trope. What your character is is what they call a "Reluctant Hero."

Adds a bit of an extra dimension to your character, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    The opening cinematic was just amazing, as they teleported to The Broken Isles. I was in awe

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    As someone having spent quite a lot of time on Beta, it's pretty easy to see that Legion has far more content and meaningful stuff to do @ Max level than WoD. It's seen in questing as well, with profession quests and story and lore...

Come on... WoD got TONS of negative feedback and concerns raised in regards to the longevity potential of the "content". Already at that point, Legion is a 180.
    I have been in the Beta too. Granted I didn't spend a lot of time on it - but as far as my experience goes, I cannot objectively see more content. Do I see an improvement in quality of content? Yes I do.
    But more content is a step I won't take yet.

This expansion looks like a disaster.

Its hard to fathom but they added even MORE antisocial tools with sharding and the Suramar solo questline. This one should be another MoP, where reviewers say its put together very well but the population keeps dwindling and they are puzzled as to why. Hint: You could make the best technical expansion ever but subs will keep falling if its antisocial.

The ONLY thing that matters to the survival of WoW is a strong in-game community and Legion will not have that.

If subs fall below WoD numbers (and they most certainly will), I think they will begin to layoff staff and put WoW into maintenance. The next xpac may get delayed or shuttered. Unfortunately, I think they will shut down the project before even TRYING to revive the in-game community (which is the correct fix).

I have absolutely no desire to sub to this xpac. There's no community! Why bother? I'll stick around to see if they in fact do a legacy server in the hopes that it includes a vanilla-style in-game community, but Legion looks like a disaster.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    I really like the expansion so far. It's very promising.

Tbh player behavior ingame is more like villains than heroes.

Mass-murder for trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I have been in the Beta too. Granted I didn't spend a lot of time on it - but as far as my experience goes, I cannot objectively see more content. Do I see an improvement in quality of content? Yes I do.
    But more content is a step I won't take yet.
    Then you weren't looking hard enough I guess. WoD launch to Legion Launch, Legion blows WoD out of the water. If you don't see it I suggest actually counting things then. Especially after after they introduce Karazahn in a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    also has a vanilla aura into it.
    how? literally how? legion is nothing like vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Then you weren't looking hard enough I guess. WoD launch to Legion Launch, Legion blows WoD out of the water. If you don't see it I suggest actually counting things then. Especially after after they introduce Karazahn in a bit.
    The launch isn't important. We are talking about content to do. You are currently leveling or grinding dungeons to get gear in preparation to raid.
    Is that any different in terms of how much content we got in WoD? No. Is it any better? Perhaps (eye of the beholder).

Deleted
    i'd wait at least until the end of first raid tier before judging whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This expansion looks like a disaster.

Its hard to fathom but they added even MORE antisocial tools with sharding and the Suramar solo questline. This one should be another MoP, where reviewers say its put together very well but the population keeps dwindling and they are puzzled as to why. Hint: You could make the best technical expansion ever but subs will keep falling if its antisocial.

The ONLY thing that matters to the survival of WoW is a strong in-game community and Legion will not have that.

If subs fall below WoD numbers (and they most certainly will), I think they will begin to layoff staff and put WoW into maintenance. The next xpac may get delayed or shuttered. Unfortunately, I think they will shut down the project before even TRYING to revive the in-game community (which is the correct fix).

I have absolutely no desire to sub to this xpac. There's no community! Why bother? I'll stick around to see if they in fact do a legacy server in the hopes that it includes a vanilla-style in-game community, but Legion looks like a disaster.
    Go play club penguin if you want to be in a community with childs,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    how? literally how? legion is nothing like vanilla
    I feel it as well. Everything feels like 'Vanilla if technology was better' to me.

I started with highmountain. The questing there is a bit boring. Other than that, so far I it's feels average.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I feel it as well. Everything feels like 'Vanilla if technology was better' to me.
    The primary draw of Vanilla was the in-game community. This game has none. This feels nothing like Vanilla.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Go play club penguin if you want to be in a community with childs,
    Children* --