Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Athene in 2016 LUL

Athene has always been a joke, a guy who was smart enough to exploit a fanbase and has made hundreds of thousands if not millions out of trolling and bullshitting. Honestly, i admire him for achieving what he has, BUT anyone who ever took him serious is a bigger joke than he is.

Deleted
    I see many people calling him a massive jerk but isn't he obviously trolling all the time in his videos?

I mean funny to see some people on the internet calling so easily someone a douche but then proceeding to act like absolute douches on forums (like 99% of the guys who enjoy criticizing content creators)

Even non trolling youtubers such as bellular or finalboss get insulted for absolutely no reason "he is a retard, knows nothing blablabla" when they obviously don't pretend to be expert at anything. That cannot be said about all the self proclaimed "pros" "min maxers" lurking in gaming forums /facepalm
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-08-30 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    I see many people calling him a massive jerk but isn't he obviously trolling all the time in his videos?
    Yeah, people who can't see a persona for what it is, I guess.

I mean funny to see some people on the internet calling so easily someone a douche but then proceeding to act like absolute douches on forums (like 99% of the guys who enjoy criticizing content creators)
    Envy, no doubt. It's easier to lash out behind a forum account than it is to get off your ass and make something of your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post

Even non trolling youtubers such as bellular or finalboss get insulted for absolutely no reason "he is a retard, knows nothing blablabla" when they obviously don't pretend to be expert at anything. That cannot be said about all the self proclaimed "pros" "min maxers" lurking in gaming forums /facepalm
    "Haha, joke's on you, I'm only pretending to be retarded".

That's why twitch and the whole streamer culture is cancer. It gets to the point when you can no longer distinguish between who's "ironic retard" and who's legit retard.

Deleted
    Athene confirmed for pansy who can't do it without stopping others from levelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Athene is still a thing?
    Was about to say the same thing, he has yet to do anything innovative for the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Literally nothing of value.

Only watched some of his videos during his career peak, but his vocabulary was consisting of "fuck", "shit" and "noob".

He was famous soloely because he made a lot of noise, especially after getting banned for exploiting bugs.
    Well aren't you the patron saint of morals? They are just words, you should find a safe zone to hide in for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

So you would say that this here is nothing of value? ...

http://www.savethechildren.org/site/...e_Children.htm
    There's no value in saving things that aren't worth anything. That's just called a massive waste of time.

I'm glad you posted this!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Wasn't Athene that moron that had entire raids surrounding him like flies to kill the mobs for him? Can't watch the video at work right now, but i figure with the whole way the XP-System is now designed that didn't work out to well for him did it? Not sorry.

btw.: If you act as a retarded troll you will be treated as one. It is not my job as audience, not even as a critic to fumble apart every hint of a proper personality out of your content if you go out of your way to build the image of a prick. If that's all you show you have to deal with it yourself if people think you are nothing but that. Athene apparently taking part in Save the Children from that link is good no matter your reason for it, but certain ridiclously big YouTubers did that too... and like with this certain big YouTuber, i will call it a PR-Stunt first trill proven otherwise if you don't think of doing that before the first couple of millions reached your bank account... At least till i can sense a pattern of good-will there...
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-08-30 at 12:15 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Athene is still a thing?
    more or less same as kungen - both of them have their own idiotic crawd of teenagers watching them and sponsoring their boring whining shows (which are still a tiny bit more entertaining then swifty streaming his chair for hours ) - retarded streams for as ...... audience

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinath View Post
    Athene in 2016 LUL
    The jelli is real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    Well aren't you the patron saint of morals? They are just words, you should find a safe zone to hide in for a while.
    A bit ironic that his post triggered you. It's like telling someone to find a safe space because you disagree with them. Guess it works both ways.

I still think it is funny that after all these years, he still manages to troll the shit out some of you here.

He's still more relevant than world firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    "Haha, joke's on you, I'm only pretending to be retarded".

That's why twitch and the whole streamer culture is cancer. It gets to the point when you can no longer distinguish between who's "ironic retard" and who's legit retard.
    Athene has always come off as playing a character. It's usually younger people (teens/early 20s) who get angry at him, I presume because they don't realize what he is doing. Caricature is the English word, I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    "shrug" who knows. The guys never achieved anything of value legitimately anyway. I think people just mention him to troll others at this point.
    Scrubnubs can't understand the brilliance of ATHENE.

If you can't see that Athene is just a troll act, then you should lay off the internet until you've grown up. The guy put out some Youtube videos with his honest thoughts on topics, he's actually a pretty soft-spoken thoughtful guy.

Nor was this the only instance in which his conduct was seen to be diametrically opposed to the teachings of his philosophy. For while denouncing tyranny, he was making himself the teacher of a tyrant; while inveighing against the associates of the powerful, he did not hold aloof from the palace itself; and though he had nothing good to say of flatterers, he himself had constantly fawned upon Messalina and the freedmen of Claudius, to such an extent, in fact, as actually to send them from the island of his exile a book containing their praises—a book that he afterwards suppressed out of shame. Though finding fault with the rich, he himself acquired a fortune of 300,000,000 sesterces; and though he censured the extravagances of others, he had five hundred tables of citrus wood with legs of ivory, all identically alike, and he served banquets on them.

Is Seneca still relevant?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Athene has always come off as playing a character. It's usually younger people (teens/early 20s) who get angry at him, I presume because they don't realize what he is doing. Caricature is the English word, I believe.
    I believe the opposite to be true. It's younger people that find him entertaining.