Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the words of the Pandaren: Slow down, life is to be savored.

Besides, I don't understand how this is insulting. But, as always, I'll let you whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wow,... you get insulted easily...

I don't really see a problem there;
    I'm halfway level 104 after completing one zone.
    I'm pretty sure that's with you doing something beforehand. I collected almost every treasure (saved a few for max level), I've done every bonus objective, completed the entire zone of Val Sharah and was at 102 and a half. Didn't skip anything. So I'm not sure how you hit 104 unless you're using a guild standard with a bunch of guild mates.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by bogate View Post
    What do you thing that at level >100 we are gaining some 10-300 xp for normal mobs of our own lvl?
    That's because you aren't supposed to mob-grind to level. This isn't 2006.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's with you doing something beforehand. I collected almost every treasure (saved a few for max level), I've done every bonus objective, completed the entire zone of Val Sharah and was at 102 and a half. Didn't skip anything. So I'm not sure how you hit 104 unless you're using a guild standard with a bunch of guild mates.
    Halfway 104... which is 103 +50%.
    I hardly did anything outside of the story quests + the sidequests involving Murky (Which i ran into out of curiosity alone) and the "Big game hunting" ones.
    I didn't even go and get myself a 2nd artifact yet.

Also: I have yet to finish off the zone with the dungeon; The time ran out on me and i had to go to work when i was done outside the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It never ceases to amaze me the sorts of petty things people will bitch about in these forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the sorts of petty things people will bitch about in these forums...
    +1.

Where's the Stephen Fry jpg when you need it.

i know, but i still thing its stupid to be gaining lots until lvl 100 and then getting miserable amounts, game shouldnt be balanced around exploiters, they should just be banned or have the exploits patched. i would prefer having mobs not drop any xp than having them drop miserable amounts
    You do realize that the huge amount of exp gained before current content is only for catchup right? Leveling from 1- 60 was a tedious grind before cataclysm, and would only take weeks if you were fast. Then they made exp gain faster so alts wouldn't have to play through boring old content for the umpteenth time. The slower exp gain from 100-110, is normal, just like it has been for the current content of previous expansions.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2016-08-31 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Insulted? Really? This could be easilly solved by growing a pair.
    Or also just logging off

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You do know that XP gain from mobs were made so you can't deliberately farm the same mob over and over again? If you hit 10xp per mob, then you have farmed an enourmeous amount. You do the quests to get xp, the mob xp is merely bonus.
    Which is fucking stupid, I hate questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Well, he has a point. 480 is a bit of a low blow... Especially since as a Holy-Paladin its basically a raid-boss for me... ...well it was till i respeccted ret anyway. But the Quests gives enough XP. Its fine.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I know Sensitive Joss Whedons are easily offended but by XP gain in a game...c'mon now.

WoW players will complain about anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I guess this offsets the feature that you can now tag mobs and take kill credit/xp without being in a group with others.
    Pretty much. In past expansions people have figured out how to exploit mob farming to get max level in under an hour. Very little mob xp effectively prevents this, even if it does get rid of mob grinding as an effective way to level.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    The slower exp gain from 100-110, is normal, just like it has been for the current content of previous expansions.
    Levelling in MoP and WoD was faster than Legion. Not that its good or bad - just different.

What do you thing that at level >100 we are gaining some 10-300 xp for normal mobs of our own lvl?
    People have been bitching about the questing experience being too fast for years, skipping zones due to outleveling them.

Now people such as yourself, bitch that they've tried to remedy that. Blizzard can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You're gaining lots? Overall XP required has been reduced ever since Warlords, take a look at XP required and see that it increases with like 10k each level. There's no difference in gaining 3k xp per mob if the required XP needed is 9.2 million like in cataclysm.
    ^This

Treasures in WoD would give like 30k EXP even without heirlooms. Treasures in Legion are giving like 7600 exp at level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    It's pretty weaksauce, I agree. I guess they really didn't like the idea of people farming mobs for XP and decided to just cut it all out.
    They probably said "hey now that people can get credit for a kill by just doing one point of damage we might want to cut back on XP so people don't band together and just AoE everything in sight and then complain that the expansion is boring after they hit 110 in 20 minutes".
    Beta Club Brosquad

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Whiny people getting desperate inventing things to complain I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Honestly, WoW has always tried to lean away from the EQ style leveling where simply killing mobs is how you gain the bulk of your XP. This was apparent in early game systems and concepts, and still fairly clear today.
    I remember when WoW was like that. Any vanilla leveling guide would tell you to maximize exp by grinding mobs while questing. Thank goodness that's not the case anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Levelling in MoP and WoD was faster than Legion. Not that its good or bad - just different.
    Really? I might agree with WoD but i never noticed in MoP. However MoP did only have 5 levels. You think they'll ever do that again?

Anyways i digress, i was speaking in general terms. Now i could be wrong but i was always under the impression that current content was slower than previous because our blizzard adding more exp gain to old content. Or is that confined to 1- 60 content?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Really? I might agree with WoD but i never noticed in MoP.
    In WoD i needed about an hour per level, around 2 hours per level in MoP, and (so far) 3 hours per level for Legion.
    Last edited by dexx; 2016-09-01 at 02:26 PM.