Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I really like the expansion so far. It's very promising.

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    I actually agree here. I don't want to be a hero. I don't want to be a god. I want to be an adventurer, and I want to face challenges - instead of being the go-to guy for killing the next big bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I have been in the Beta too. Granted I didn't spend a lot of time on it - but as far as my experience goes, I cannot objectively see more content. Do I see an improvement in quality of content? Yes I do.
    But more content is a step I won't take yet.
    I can, and did.

Yeah, we have different preferences of course. I only wish you could choose to stay just another dwarf of Ironforge
    You can. Stay at level 1 forever. Congratulations, you are now a random dwarf of Ironforge.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    It does seem to be an incredibly good expansion, where you care about your character, and it has life and meaning. The artifact weapons are an amazing system that I love, for as much as people cry about it not being alt-spec friendly.

We shall see, I love it so far, and probably will like it for awhile.

But it is inevitable that in a few week's time people will have found features to cry about.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    In the context that most AAA games only last 5 hours now, the 16 hours since launch should give people a decent impression.

OT: I think people will like the leveling experience like in WoD but the daily chores with slot machine rewards will burn people out. There will also be strife within the community again between nolifers who clear raids quick and casuals who have trouble with heroic Dungeons.
    Why are you comparing FPS games to MMO games?

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.
    Yes I agree with that. When the game focuses so much on me it feels less about the world and more about this one guy saving the world over and over and over again.

Through LK I got the sense I was mostly playing as some foot solider or grunt (minor unit in WC3 or something) who was helping the true heroes, not the central pivot of the world that determined whether Azeroth would spin into tomorrow morning or come to a crashing end. Wondering into a town and having someone ask me to get their supplies back from those fucking harpies up north made it feel like the world was active in my absence and I just happened to be there to offer help.
    Horseshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The primary draw of Vanilla was the in-game community. This game has none. This feels nothing like Vanilla.
    I'm afraid you're talking about something else than we are. I'm talking about the feeling of the world itself. The design, the mechanics and the many NPC types we know from Vanilla (Naga, Gnoll, Murloc etc.). It just feels like I'm right at home.

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    You ARE a random nobody... until you reach the higher levels.

It's more or less assumed that you are the hero who has killed all of the big bad boss baddies up until now, and for the longest time you've received no recognition for that. In Legion yeah, it assumes you've killed them.

Final Fantasy does a better job in the story of making a smooth transition from "nobody" to "hero of legend", but you can't just kill the biggest legends of the world without gaining some recognition.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'm liking it so far. Love the atmosphere. Still think the artifacts are silly and wish they'd done certain things differently, but so far the questing is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too early to tell. Ask me in a couple of weeks.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    The launch isn't important. We are talking about content to do. You are currently leveling or grinding dungeons to get gear in preparation to raid.
    Is that any different in terms of how much content we got in WoD? No. Is it any better? Perhaps (eye of the beholder).
    All we have to compare currently is launch. Legion obviously hasn't had the time to get the "support" it's supposed to. So if you are going to make a FAIR comparison you have to compare legion launch to WoD launch. NOT Legion Launch to WoD after 2 years.

Also in a bit when we get 7.1 Legion will have more dungeons plus the mythic + dungeons which give more replay-ability than WoD ever had. So waaaay more non raid support already in the game for Legion if you include Artifact Weapons. At the moment Legion lags behind a bit on Raid content in comparison to WoD. Although we with 7.1 we are getting a mini raid to hold us over till Nighthold. Assuming we get the same number of main raids tiers as then we may actually get more raids due to the little mini raids we will likely be seeing a few of.

15+ Year Old Account
    My favorite "feature" so far is the class halls. You get to see other people who are your class in the same area as you, instead of being shut off in your garrison.

So was WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This expansion mix elements of older expansions but it also has a vanilla aura into it , i never had this feeling since vanilla , its probably the added difficulty to mobs , the main lore... , the landscapes , it really reminds me of vanilla , the dialogues make sense and the scenario has a lot of plot twists compared to wod where it was utterly shit and nonsense. I dont like the cheesiness with the artifacts even though the halls are awesome (at least the priest ones).
    This is still the leveling-up phase. Leveling was incredibly awesome in WoD too.

Blizzard does an amazing job at leveling and raiding content. It's the other stuff that falls down. We don't really have a feel for the max-level elder game yet.

Deleted
    As far as leveling up goes, I think I preferred WoD.
    But WoD had really strong leveling. It's hard to top that.
    The upside of Legion is scaling, which means that you don't pay attention to arbitrary level brackets on zones anymore. You just complete the zone.

There's also much less jumping puzzles, instead these treasures are just exploration awards. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This expansion looks like a disaster.

Its hard to fathom but they added even MORE antisocial tools with sharding and the Suramar solo questline. This one should be another MoP, where reviewers say its put together very well but the population keeps dwindling and they are puzzled as to why. Hint: You could make the best technical expansion ever but subs will keep falling if its antisocial.

The ONLY thing that matters to the survival of WoW is a strong in-game community and Legion will not have that.

If subs fall below WoD numbers (and they most certainly will), I think they will begin to layoff staff and put WoW into maintenance. The next xpac may get delayed or shuttered. Unfortunately, I think they will shut down the project before even TRYING to revive the in-game community (which is the correct fix).

I have absolutely no desire to sub to this xpac. There's no community! Why bother? I'll stick around to see if they in fact do a legacy server in the hopes that it includes a vanilla-style in-game community, but Legion looks like a disaster.
    It's impressive that you've been able to confirm all of this on the first fucking day of the expansion.
    Beta Club Brosquad

So now that were the "hero", what happens for next expansion? Titan status?

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    We've been heroes since we killed Onyxia. This is a western RPG, we like being heroes, not cogs in the machine. Yes there's a bit of cognitive dissonance in a MMO when every other player is the hero of legend too, but that's better than the alternative you see in asian MMOs. (IMO, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    We've been the hero for like 3 expansions now.
    Beta Club Brosquad

WoD was a great expansion for a couple of months. Legion has been out for 8 hours(US at least) and people are already drawing conclusions.