Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

I just can't get behind fel rushing on rotation :(

So i'm a little sad right now, i played an assassination rogue previously but with the changes it's kind of dead to me, no other class catches my interest except DH, but i just can't get behind fel rushing rotationally, i use vengeance over momentum so it's not a timing issue, i just can't get used to it, it feels so wrong to be using it offensively when you don't pick momentum, my problem is, it's not optional, the first tier talent fel mastery pretty much forces you into it, not using it is a HUGE loss.

I know it doesn't make sense to roll a DH when their use of fel rush was known before, but since i've tried all classes DH was all that was left, and honestly, outside fel rush momentum playstyle, i really enjoy everything else about it, it's just a shame that with 3 talents per tier, they couldn't make a spec that doesn't make use of fel rush rotationally, sure, make it do a bit less damage (Not too much)

Currently, prepared, fel mastery and momentum are all the best in their tier, pretty much forcing that playstyle, even if you don't pick momentum, you're still stuck with it.

I very much doubt this will change, i'm just a little sad that i'm not out of options and wanted to rant a bit.

I guess its time to quit
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    I guess its time to quit

I think you're right.

Such a failure in design though, what's the point of 3 talent choices in every tier when a set playstyle is still forced on you.

Just dont spec for it. I hate using mobility for dmg so Im going for nemesis. Its only a minor dps lost and not on all fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    I think you're right.

Such a failure in design though, what's the point of 3 talent choices in every tier when a set playstyle is still forced on you.
    Its not a forced style is just he optimum/highest potential dps.

A lot of dps specs and their talents are that way. If you want less buttons to push, the path is there. If you want a higher skill cap and as a result a higher performance output, that path is there.

You not liking it just means the class isn't for you. Which is fine... not everyone can be a DH... the game would fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Is it bugged? You can't unselect the momentum talent? Might want to submit a ticket for that /s

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Is it bugged? You can't unselect the momentum talent? Might want to submit a ticket for that /s
    Momentum is fine, it's ahead but not too far.

Prepared is fine, it's ahead but not too far.

Fel mastery is broken, it's way ahead, even if you pick the alternative talents instead of prepared and momentum, you will have to rotationally use fel rush because of this skill (Demon blades also doesn't help).

This isn't a complaint about momentum talent, it's about the rotational use of fel rush being rammed down demon hunters throats, or you do 30% less damage making you a dud when it comes to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Its not a forced style is just he optimum/highest potential dps.

A lot of dps specs and their talents are that way. If you want less buttons to push, the path is there. If you want a higher skill cap and as a result a higher performance output, that path is there.

You not liking it just means the class isn't for you. Which is fine... not everyone can be a DH... the game would fall apart.

I agree with you partly, momentum and prepared are fine, they're ahead but not too far, but fel mastery isn't optional if you want to raid, demon hunters are middle of the back, we can't afford to lose 30% damage by picking a build that doesn't force rotational fel rush.

@mitre27 Tell ya what...do this. Stick with it till you get to 102 and chose Felblade. Its a DPS loss from Bloodlet (at least right now...) but it might have you stem the tide.

Then, only Fel Rush when you have Felblade open...it will charge you back at the mob. And I don't know if it is me...but I see it getting reset by Demon Bite quite often.

Is this sub-optimal? Yes.
    As sub-optimal as not using Fel Rush? Nope
    Ridiculously fun to play? Hell Yea!

I'm not in a top 100 raid...we will not clear heroic on the first week before Mythics...and my Raid leader plays Frost DK cause he "F&*$#@G Likes It"

As long as I try to be the BEST Felblade/Prepared/Momentum/Demonic DH (really smooth and fun combo by the way)...I really don't care what the others are doing. As an ex-Enhancement shaman since TBC, I've had many of tiers playing a sup-par spec well to very high results.

Like what you play...and play it well and you'll exceed 80% of the people that play something they don't like but is supposed to be OP.
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2016-08-30 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not supposed to get behind, you have to get in front.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

So you don't enjoy any of the other 20-odd DPS specs in the game? Have you tried enhance and fury? They're awesome this expansion in PvE.

I find vault to be worse tbh, FR is just angling and being prepared to turn around if the hitbox is smaller than your charge lane.

But yeh, this is my exact same argument of havoc being a bit...pigeonholed.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-08-30 at 08:37 PM.

Personally i enjoy dahsing all over the place as my dps Rotation in PvP. The only time i dislike it, when it bugs and you dash 2x or 3x further in one direction than you should lol.

Then don't spec Fel Mastery...?
    there's a trait called Feast on the Souls which reduces the cd of eye beam by 5 seconds everytime you collect a soul, even the small ones from demonic appetite
    chose blind fury as first talent and look on the gold trait anguish of the deceiver, more eye beam hits -> more dmg from anguish
    together with demonic and demon reborn this should be good enough, especially when you have set bonus later on (more time to use chaos strike than in other builds).

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    So you don't enjoy any of the other 20-odd DPS specs in the game? Have you tried enhance and fury? They're awesome this expansion in PvE.
    I have, i don't enjoy them, i used to love my assassination rogue but it feels wrong now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely adore the Fel Rushing playstyle. Completely unique and so much more exciting than the usual turret 1-2-3-2-3 repeat.

What I DON'T like about Fel Rush is being DCd about 3 times every 30 mins whenever the game doesn't like the pathing. It's getting reallllly old, especially as I'm almost always dead when I relog.

I like the Fel Rush playstyle, but i don't think that should be the most optimal playstyle. It's too stressful to keep playing with your position. When raiding starts, tehre will be lots more of complains about "i was felrushing the first 5 wipes, now i'm just tired and want a more simplier rotation."
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

15+ Year Old Account
    Worst thing about Fel Rush is that it's broken. Sometimes it just stops and you have to release the move button and push it again to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Worst thing about Fel Rush is that it's broken. Sometimes it just stops and you have to release the move button and push it again to move.
    For some reason this is happening with all the rapid movement roll/charge type abilities. It is annoying as hell, even worse when you stop moving and also don't go anywhere close to the full range of the ability.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I absolutely adore the Fel Rushing playstyle. Completely unique and so much more exciting than the usual turret 1-2-3-2-3 repeat.
    Agreed, it is just fun and interesting. Especially the disengage skill into fel rush. I feel like a deadly gymnast :P

That said, what happens if you're in boss fights where you can't move, that style will be canned and Nemesis would be the only option.

Deleted
    The very first video ever released of DH combat in action showed the zipping around like an ADHD crackhead. That is the design and theme of the spec, it was intentional. You knew what was coming. You had from the 9th of august to try it out and play it. Yet you complain?

You can either reroll or spec something different - just don't expect to get the highest dps if you don't choose to optimise your talent choices.