Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    We've been the hero for like 3 expansions now.
    Ok, let me correct that: "super hero".

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Ok, let me correct that: "super hero".
    What makes the distinction between hero and super hero?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I feel it as well. Everything feels like 'Vanilla if technology was better' to me.
    then explain what feels like vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's impressive that you've been able to confirm all of this on the first fucking day of the expansion.
    Are you saying they removed the AMM queues? Or brought back the simple global chat? Or got rid of cross realm? Or got rid of phasing? Doesn't look like it to me. I think its a safe call on day 1 to say what I said.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I thought so too until I landed in the Garrison 2.0 Class Hall which wanted me to send people on missions and all that bullshit from before. It feels like they make this shit mandatory. I hate it so much.

It absolutely is mandatory, in that you can't advance without doing it. You reach a steady state at max level where the benefits of bothering with missions drop precipitously, but it never completely goes away. I'm actually OK with that design-- my complaint with WoD garrisons was that you made so much money doing them that you were strongly incentivized to refresh missions 2-3x per day on every max level character and that was just awful. That won't happen in Legion.

That said, garrison missions were so terrible that they should have skipped anything remotely resembling them, because even knowing that they're far less poisonous than WoD, seeing that interface still makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Also, less bad doesn't mean good.

And in the end, the mindless facebook games simply aren't fun. So why keep them? Makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    In some areas, sure.

But somehow they took the garrison 'system' and made it 10 times fucking worse than it was in WoD. They keep parroting that it's 'different' but so far the only difference i've seen is how fucking long everything takes. Whether it's missions or order hall 'advancement' which, if you make a mistake, takes two days to set right and tons of resources. And if it's something particularly important it makes your character not really worth playing until it's sorted out. For example the ability which gives an extra chance at upgrading your gear, without that it's really not worth going through the last zone since you'll miss out on tons of potential upgrades.

Honestly I'd rather be grinding the Garrison again than dealing with this gated bullshit.

Well we disagree there. For me, it's waaaaaay better than WoD. Still dislike it, don't get me wrong. But I hate it less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Are you saying they removed the AMM queues? Or brought back the simple global chat? Or got rid of cross realm? Or got rid of phasing? Doesn't look like it to me. I think its a safe call on day 1 to say what I said.
    So unless the game goes exactly back to the 12 year old systems and WC3 engine bolt-ons that made up Vanilla, it's a disaster? Vanilla is gone, bud, get over it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I wonder what people will say after 15 month of the last raid of Legion patch 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I wonder what people will say after 15 month of the last raid of Legion patch 7.3
    Give it a couple of months. People will find something to whine about.

Wod was the greatest xpac ever!....ok i can't even lie about that one >.> Legion hands down is the best

Is flight obtainable in launch patch (no matter how difficult to obtain)? if not no matter what content they added, I simply will not buy the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Is flight obtainable in launch patch (no matter how difficult to obtain)? if not no matter what content they added, I simply will not buy the xpac.
    Nope, no flight until blizz decides to put it in. Guess won't be seeing you haha

The server are goin to stop running because you won't buy the xpac.
    General chat channel is now closing, the AH stop running, all of our toons are now deleted and no more raiding and arena.
    This is the end of WoW.

Wait, how did you get through Warlords of Dreanor?
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I really like the expansion so far. It's very promising.

But I HATE that I'm an important Rogue and basically the leader of my class. I DON'T WANT TO be special. I wanna be just a dwarf rogue who venture into the big world to quest and kill monsters. I like being anonomous (toward the NPCs and games story). Hated having my own garrison and hate the idea of a class halls. Other than that, it looks good.

Maybe it's just me. But if I play like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, I don't wanna be Aragorn, Frodo or Luke Skywalker. I wanna be just another hobbit or man or a space-trader or a stormtrooper. To me that is the point of big mmo games. You are just 1 in the crowd and together with other random people, you form armies, alliances etc etc but you never become the leader etc.
    If you don't want to be special level an alt or play twinks. For a character that for 15 years has travelled three worlds, killed the Lich King, assaulted Nefarian, overthrown Garrosh, and lead the expedition to Draenor, it would be utterly stupid and nonsensical to be treated like "just a dwarf rogues who ventures in the big world". It is amazing how this argument keeps being repeated as if it was a case of bad writing from Blizzard. Actually, it would be idiotic writing if all the world continued to treat you like an average adventurer (which would have no place in the Broken Isles during the Legion invasion, btw). After 15 years of adventures, facing incredible threats and getting to the ground with the leaders of Azeroth, being treated just the average Joe would be utterly dumb and a total lack of evolution in the story of your character.

Moreover people keep exaggerating the point. Keep the Druid Order Storyline: you just become an Archdruid among others, not the supreme leader of anything. The major characters are still there moving the events. You just logically play a greater role in those events, as it should be obvious by this time.
    Last edited by mmocca8cc527ec; 2016-08-30 at 04:40 PM.

It's been amazing. I've played the last 10 hours in Azsuna, 10/10 experience for now. Sick music.

Those academy quests were hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Wait, how did you get through Warlords of Dreanor?
    WoD was a failed experiment from blizz, they made promises regarding flight that they didn't keep, prior to WoD i was a completionist, doing close to every achieve out there (rated pvp only up to 2.2k achieves, mythic raiding, 23655 achieve points and haven't done anything since halfway through hfc) , lvling all alts to max, in WoD the absence of flight and the garrison implementation made me hate doing anything apart from raiding, to the point that the game started to disgust me. So yes, absence of flight= absence of my money.

WoD was a failed experiment from blizz, they made promises regarding flight that they didn't keep, prior to WoD i was a completionist, doing close to every achieve out there (rated pvp only up to 2.2k achieves, mythic raiding, 23655 achieve points and haven't done anything since halfway through hfc) , lvling all alts to max, in WoD the absence of flight and the garrison implementation made me hate doing anything apart from raiding, to the point that the game started to disgust me. So yes, absence of flight= absence of my money.
    So basically you tell me you invested so much time and money into that game and went through such extreme length to be that special guy with "23655" points and a reasonable PVP-Rating and then the inability to fly from the get go is keeping you? ok.

Also what promises? Im not even sure if they ever promised to fly at all...
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.