Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KampKanye View Post
    I would gladly link if I could. Dungeon is BRH, Smashspite is the fight I checked since it's a patchwerk fight. The death knight is Dkurowndk the guardian's name is in Cyrillic, no clue what they're called. The DK was M+6, druid was M+7.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and that's why he ranked blood at the top, despite being the weakest tank and prot pally as dead last despite being extremely strong.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said he was good as blood. He just stated common sense and even pointed out our mobility problem wouldn't be one most of the time. A self-healing tank with crap for mitigation is going to struggle because legion fights are tailored for tanks with good mitigation. Should I mention fat boss? They gave a similar opinion.
    that was before the guardian druids nerf
    i set the parameters to all bosses
    and I got blood dk at 351k dtps and 239k hps with druids at 166 dtps and 88k hps
    still works out in bear's favour but cant really tell ilvl of the dk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    that was before the guardian druids nerf
    i set the parameters to all bosses
    and I got blood dk at 351k dtps and 239k hps with druids at 166 dtps and 88k hps
    still works out in bear's favour but cant really tell ilvl of the dk
    Only thing I know on gear is that he had enough points in Maw for UE and blood feast and the druid didn't have Skysec. One disclaimer, I went with Smashspite because it's the only fight where they both did well. Look at Lord Ravencrest and the amount of healing and overhealing done. The DK heavily pads his healing done on that fight (not that he was trying, I assume mechanics). On Ill, the druid mitigated so well that he only had to use FR four times (he was taking 800k shears to the DK's 1.4 million). There's also no data on Morrowchicken for the DK.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are these nerfs live on the beta aswell?
    Jumped back in to try and get a feel for the nerfs at 110, but tbh I dont have any problems what so ever. Feel just as strong as I did a week or two ago. Survivability wise atleast, damage is lower tho.

Talents are really a huge problem. You can't have a spec that ignores an entire character customization mechanic, that's just fucking awful.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-08-29 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KampKanye View Post
    I actually haven't mentioned our mobility besides saying Preach said it wouldn't be a problem. Are you sure you're not confusing blood with unholy? Blood only has one snare that you spec. As for mob control, the only thing we get that other tanks don't is GG, and that shouldn't be relied upon. The cooldown is way too long and it's extremely situational when kiting. At best, you'll get lucky with a caster stopping to cast so you can grip a melee pack and force them to spend a few more seconds in a DnD.

Seriously, prot pallys can do everything blood can, except GG, they do a better job at it, and any idiot can play them. The only reason blood was considered good for mythic was due to blood boil doing really good damage.
    HS snares too :/
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Talents are really a huge problem. You can't have a complete spec that ignores an entire character customization mechanic, that's just fucking awful.
    It wouldn't bother me so much, but (setting aside Soulgorge and the entire 60 tier for the moment) many of our non-viable talents are just minor number tuning away from being good. Up the DR or RP generation on Rune Tap, lower the CD/up the DR of Blood Mirror, up the healing of Blooddrinker, up the healing of Bloodworms, lower the CD of Blood Tap, up the DR on Will of the Necropolis...these are not terribly hard problems to solve. That's what annoys me the most.

Deleted
    I'm fine as long they don't mostly lie on the floor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    Some ppl are trying to convince themselves that DH is better in every way so they can reroll.
    Yep, every class forum has these people. Apparently every class is trash and the grass is always greener.

FFS, DK is far from being weak in blood/unholy, its pretty damn strong actually

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Yep, every class forum has these people. Apparently every class is trash and the grass is always greener.

MMO always reminds me of the Ctrl+Alt+Del comic (http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20090916).

Anyways, I don't understand why people just play what they want. It's only the top 1% that love (need?) to min-max to become world firsts. This game is casual enough were pretty much anything works.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    By 110 and powered artifact I hope so. Right now in 723 ilvl and 4p from heroic HFC I am coming close to dying from just doing my artifact scenario.

Deleted
    I'd claim DKs are still great in the right hands, I know I would never be asked to switch to a prot warrior or guardian druid. Sure we got hit by the nerf bat but our kit is still the most versatile tank kit in the game. DKs are a bit of a Swiss army knife, you may not be the top end tank in any category, but you're able to cover for everything very well. And that's what makes them great.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    By 110 and powered artifact I hope so. Right now in 723 ilvl and 4p from heroic HFC I am coming close to dying from just doing my artifact scenario.
    Maybe there is some scaling issues still going on with that scenario at lower ilvl's? On beta a few months ago I had to take 3 pieces of gear off to not get destroyed.
    On live I am ilvl 742 and zerged right through it never dropping below 95% health.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanoth View Post
    Maybe there is some scaling issues still going on with that scenario at lower ilvl's? On beta a few months ago I had to take 3 pieces of gear off to not get destroyed.
    On live I am ilvl 742 and zerged right through it never dropping below 95% health.
    That was my experience this morning. I walked through it in about 20 minutes or so without ever really dropping below 90% at 729 ilvl.

Well, supine if they're not paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    729 heroic tier and it took all of 10 mins for my artifact quest.

There was maybe a 30 second period of downtime while I waited for AMS to come back up, but that worked in my favor as I needed to scratch my balls.

This was maybe 3 hours after US launch, so maybe there have been hotfixes?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Even on dungeons as a Blood DK im aggroing everything then DRW + RING + CONSUMPTION + DND.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanoth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubim View Post
    Even on dungeons as a Blood DK im aggroing everything then DRW + RING + CONSUMPTION + DND.
    I haven't had any issues outside of the artifact weapon scenario. Both dungeons I did we pretty much just tore through.

I was getting wrecked in the artifact scenario for blood, 700 ilvl, mostly invasion gear. Didn't even get past stage 1 or 2 (the green barrier after the guy starts walking with you. I killed the jailer, then the other 2 fel guards, but once the felguard plus the eredar caster came down, I was done for. Full HP, used DRW and Vampiric.

If it's this bad, honestly I'll reroll, I can't imagine what end game content looks like, even with the artifact weapon. I felt like even with a bone shield charge up I was taking the same if not more damage than my vengeance DH would take and heal for a lot less. I feel so out of control with blood dk after 7.0 it's just hard to enjoy it because I know I'm making it harder on healers and myself, but HEY I wouldn't know since artifact quest is so damn difficult.

Deleted
    With 740ilvl I zerged the artifct scenario without dropping a sweat. I don't really understand how someone with at least 705ilvl would die to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    I was getting wrecked in the artifact scenario for blood, 700 ilvl, mostly invasion gear. Didn't even get past stage 1 or 2 (the green barrier after the guy starts walking with you. I killed the jailer, then the other 2 fel guards, but once the felguard plus the eredar caster came down, I was done for. Full HP, used DRW and Vampiric.

If it's this bad, honestly I'll reroll, I can't imagine what end game content looks like, even with the artifact weapon. I felt like even with a bone shield charge up I was taking the same if not more damage than my vengeance DH would take and heal for a lot less. I feel so out of control with blood dk after 7.0 it's just hard to enjoy it because I know I'm making it harder on healers and myself, but HEY I wouldn't know since artifact quest is so damn difficult.
    I'm with Sugarlol. I don't understand how you were having such difficulty. At 712 I, too, breezed through it. At lower ilevels you may have to make use of all your abilities: anti magic shell, interrupts, stuns, death grip as another interrupt, gorefiend's grasp as *another* interrupt, talenting into the slow on your D&D so you can regen runes as you kite...you've got plenty of options other than VB and DRW if you're in trouble.

It also bothers me that you use the phrase "even with a Bone Shield charge up." There should be no "even" about it. You HAVE to have 100% uptime on Bone Shield, full stop. Preferable 5+ because of Ossuary and Foul Bulwark.

And speaking of Ossuary and Foul Bulwark, are you using a proper talent setup? You should be looking at this as your default for soloing content:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...ght/blood/MI10