Appearance change question

Hey there,

Legion D-Day has motivated me to drop $15.00 on an appearance change for my toon. I've read conflicting information about how the appearance change impacts character name. Anyone ever use the service and can help answer my question?

I'm mainly interested in changing the skin color & do NOT want to change my character name; however, I keep reading information on Blizzard's FAQ and other forum posts implying I have to change the name.

Can anyone confirm? Can I pay $15.00, change my appearance, but keep my character name?

Thanks and as always, you guys rock.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can keep the character name. Done it many times because I an indecisive and hate money.

Deleted
    I'd be interested in knowing which specific passages on a Blizzard site makes you think an appearance change also forces a name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing which specific passages on a Blizzard site makes you think an appearance change also forces a name change.
    I'm at work and Blizzard's site is blocked. The FAQ about appearance change talked about name changes as being part of the process. It looked like dated information, but I wasn't certain. It mentioned 90 days of not having the name and someone else being able to take it. I was confused.

The name change is optional. I just did an appearance change two days ago and it didn't force me to change my name.

Deleted
    While waiting for your reply, I took at look at it myself.

On both the Appearance Change CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS page and the Appearance Change FAQ, the name change is listed as optional.

Conditions and disclaimers:
    This service lets you change your character’s gender, face, hair and skin color, hairstyle, name, and other cosmetic features determined by their race and gender combination. You cannot, however, change your character’s race or class.
    If you change the character’s name during this process
    FAQ
    An Appearance Change is a paid service that lets you change an existing character's gender, face, skin color, hair colour, hair style, and name as desired.

you are forced to change your name, but well... just change it to the same one...

Quote Originally Posted by animeprime View Post
    The name change is optional. I just did an appearance change two days ago and it didn't force me to change my name.
    Nice, thank you and to others who replied with the info. It's appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    While waiting for your reply, I took at look at it myself.

On both the Appearance Change CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS page and the Appearance Change FAQ, the name change is listed as optional.

Conditions and disclaimers:

FAQ
    I see the "If" and "name as desired" which confirms I don't have to change the name. Thank you.