No one cares you need flying.

Your opinion is a gross minority.

Don't ever come back to the game.

You bring nothing but misery to the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Firstly, I was addressing the complaint that people who prefer content designed around no-flight are "forcing" people to play "their way," and the assertion that there would be no difference if Blizz did just implement flight as it has been in previous expansions..
    You are. Without flight in the game I CANNOT FLY. With flight in the game, you can CHOOSE NOT TO FLY. See the difference? You can say "But then I'm gimping myself" at which point I'll question how committed you are to no flight if you abandon it so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    No logging in on Silvermoon-EU confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Hahaha, Khadgar taunts you.

Archmage Khadgar says: I prefer using the greatstaff Atiesh's raven form. Nothing's worse than saddle sores.
    They know players want flying and they persist in taunting them like a child. WoD had Aarakoa constantly asking what we are without the skies, and there was a Tear-Soaked Flight Manual item you get that was vendor trash. If ever there was a reason to believe that parts of pathfinder are being done out of spiteful foot dragging, it's stuff like that.

I LOVE the zone design so far, and it's great from the ground.
    Get back to me after a few months of it when you've been at level cap and grinding world quests has worn thin.

And yeah, I did read it, but simply put, it wouldn't take much dev time at all to implement flight, which is why Mafic's conspiracy theory that they're trying to get players to "accept" not flying so they can be lazy is just that, a conspiracy theory.
    The point I was trying to make is that designing a world full of quests with flight into account IS relatively harder than designing without it. I don't think it's nearly as outlandish as you might think. It would have cut dev time a little bit, and fits pretty well in line with the corner cutting Blizzard tried to pull to switch to one expansion every year.

Clearly it didn't work out so well, along with a lot of other mistakes that WoD made. I think we're not going to see flight sooner in Legion because Legion was developed under a lot of the same design theory that WoD was. It'll take them time to shift gears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersin View Post
    The amount of misery and anger being spewed into the community is about 10 times higher from people making posts hating on flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druzzy View Post
    It's already a pretty easy unlock... it's not like flying is a rare sight in Draenor. That said, sure, strip a few requirements. It just depends on what's more important, the feeling of achievement that you can finally fly, or the convenience of exploring the world from the sky.
    The propblem with Draenor Pathfinder is twofold. First, you can't do it until the content is entirely over. That alone was a big fuck you from the team to the players. "You can have flight if you work for it - now that you're done with all of the content we're shipping." Second, the tasks have nothing to do thematically with flight. They're just hoops to jump through. What they should have done in Legion is this... give us some ingame reason for why we can't fly. Have it ground ALL flight aside from a very few powerful fliers (for flight paths). Task us with getting things to overcome this reason (we have to go to places and disrupt things, etc). Make that chain last all of 7.0... give a final quest (combine the items you've found, or something) with the release of 7.1. That way we see the world a bunch, the chain would take us all over AND it's tied into the story.

But they aren't doing that which proves to me that they no longer can be really creative with things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffersin View Post
    No one cares you need flying.

Your opinion is a gross minority.

Don't ever come back to the game.

Thank you for the free bump.

Flying is what binds the WoW community IMVHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completed all quests + Loremaster in every zone and I'm 109.
    I remember them telling the Dungeon quests are optional but it seems it's not the case.
    RiP me.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The propblem with Draenor Pathfinder is twofold. First, you can't do it until the content is entirely over. That alone was a big fuck you from the team to the players. "You can have flight if you work for it - now that you're done with all of the content we're shipping." Second, the tasks have nothing to do thematically with flight. They're just hoops to jump through. What they should have done in Legion is this... give us some ingame reason for why we can't fly. Have it ground ALL flight aside from a very few powerful fliers (for flight paths). Task us with getting things to overcome this reason (we have to go to places and disrupt things, etc). Make that chain last all of 7.0... give a final quest (combine the items you've found, or something) with the release of 7.1. That way we see the world a bunch, the chain would take us all over AND it's tied into the story.

But they aren't doing that which proves to me that they no longer can be really creative with things like this.
    They've never been creative about restriction to mounts, either ground or flight.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The amount of misery and anger being spewed into the community is about 10 times higher from people making posts hating on flight.
    I love flying.

It is a great addition to the game when appropriate.

It isn't appropriate at the beginning of an expac.

That doesn't mean I hate flying.

If they had flying, I'd still enjoy the game. No more, no less.

This is clearly not your game. Sorry, just move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Thank you for the free bump.

Go play Flight Simulator 20XX then

10+ Year Old Account

What? Wait... WAT?!

How does flying binds the WoW community?!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    What? Wait... WAT?!

How does flying binds the WoW community?!
    It makes interactions out in the world meaningful unlike CRZ for example. Flying is very underrated in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I completed all quests + Loremaster in every zone and I'm 109.
    I remember them telling the Dungeon quests are optional but it seems it's not the case.
    RiP me.
    Interesting perspective. Would you elaborate on why that is not the case for you personally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting perspective. Would you elaborate on why that is not the case for you personally?
    I have no idea as to why.
    My girlfriend and me leveled together, we did all the zone quests, all the bonus objectives and even the part of the Campaign in the Exodar. We had to do the Dungeon quests to even be remotely close to get there.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes interactions out in the world meaningful unlike CRZ for example. Flying is very underrated in WoW.
    I'm sorry, but how? I don't see any relation between those whatsoever.

We can fly like an eagle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I have no idea as to why.
    My girlfriend and me leveled together, we did all the zone quests, all the bonus objectives and even the part of the Campaign in the Exodar. We had to do the Dungeon quests to even be remotely close to get there.
    Yeah they changed the XP curve recently.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, but how? I don't see any relation between those whatsoever.
    CRZ you can't interact with players often time even though you can see players. On flight paths you also see players but really can't interact with them.

A flying mount allows you to pick and choose with whom and what to interact with at any given time as you can drop down and choose what ground content to engage in with other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they changed the XP curve recently.
    Then why is everyone I talk to is not having this specific issue whilst a couple of people have to literally grind mobs to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ you can't interact with players often time even though you can see players. On flight paths you also see players but really can't interact with them.

A flying mount allows you to pick and choose with whom and what to interact with at any given time as you can drop down and choose what ground content to engage in with other players.
    Wat? You can pick and choose without the flying mount. Flying mount does not give super filter powers, mainly not where community is concerned. Unless I missing something, i do not see any social benefit in flying whatsoever.

Wat? You can pick and choose without the flying mount. Flying mount does not give super filter powers, mainly not where community is concerned. Unless I missing something, i do not see any social benefit in flying whatsoever.
    You don't see the social benefit of flying because you don't use it which is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't see the social benefit of flying because you don't use it which is fine.
    I don't see the social benefit of flying because I don't believe it exists at all. I see how it is convenient, but that's about it. I don't see that convenience spilling over to the social sphere at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pro-flight. After doing Stormheim, I honestly have to say that flying was a terrible idea. Do shit like the grapples! And hiding nodes. Something engaging, not just afk with autorun on in the air, or hovering 50-100ft above the ground and swooping down from the air on an unsuspecting bush of herbs.

At the very least it should have been introduced in a later expansion than TBC. Talk about blowing your load, 9 years later WoW's still going...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS