Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not sure why they would edit out a direct quote...
    Some readers may see that and begin to suspect Hillary may actually be crooked...and we can't have that now can we? It's a sad, sad day for this country when our MSM brazenly lies and casually rationalizes their blatant over-the-top bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump is going to walk into court next month accused of raping a child. NO BIG DEAL MEDIA
    Look, I am no fan of Trump at all, but I'm going to ignore these rape charges as bullshit. If you've seen any of Trump's three wives, you know full well what...erm, assets he's willing to deposit into, if you know what I mean. A thirteen-year-old doesn't have that. Plus, this doesn't reflect anything else in Trump's history or things he's said. It's going to get tossed.

There are plenty of valid, realistic, and most importantly proven reasons to avoid a Trump presidency. This simply isn't any of them. It's an accusation, and near as I can tell, a baseless one at that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Look, I am no fan of Trump at all, but I'm going to ignore these rape charges as bullshit.
    No way! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why they would edit out a direct quote...
    I'm not sure they did, actually.

CNN isn't staffed with morons. They had to know the original was out there, easy to find. Why do something so obvious and easy to catch, that doesn't even get them anything? Why not leave it alone, thereby both avoiding the implication of bias, while painting Trump as throwing around childish nicknames for the thousandth time? Editing the tweet makes zero to negative sense. I'm honestly more willing to believe that they accidentally grabbed some copycat .jpg or something and didn't check the source, rather than that they intentionally altered the picture -- which, again, gets them nothing other than caught and shamed.

And yes, I would say exactly the same thing if FOX (or anyone else) did the same thing. You can be biased, without being clumsy and stupid. Faking something so easy to check is clumsy and stupid. Label me as "indoctrinated" if you want, but even if they are some kind of state-mind-control conspirators, that doesn't excuse them acting like amateurs. Not even a high school student would think they could get away with this.

Of course, if someone at CNN gets fired, I'll admit I misplaced my trust in their professionalism.

EDIT: Is there any chance at all, that Trump edited the tweet to add the word "Crooked" after CNN saw it?

EDIT EDIT: Also, some news that the Trump campaign actually did something right: those "Win a Dinner with Trump" ads you might have seen around? False, and now Trump's slapped them with a cease-and-desist letter. Good. I don't know how I would have ended up as a target for those ads anyhow, but at least I won't have to deal with them anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    No way! lol
    Yes, well, the good news is, if anyone in the Trump side says "Clinton was accused, therefore, she must be guilty" the Clinton side can throw that rape accusation right back into it. It's hypocrisy insurance, really.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-08-30 at 06:51 PM.

I'm not sure they did, actually.

CNN isn't staffed with morons. They had to know the original was out there, easy to find. Why do something so obvious and easy to catch, that doesn't even get them anything? Why not leave it alone, thereby both avoiding the implication of bias, while painting Trump as throwing around childish nicknames for the thousandth time? Editing the tweet makes zero to negative sense. I'm honestly more willing to believe that they accidentally grabbed some copycat .jpg or something and didn't check the source, rather than that they intentionally altered the picture -- which, again, gets them nothing other than caught and shamed.

And yes, I would say exactly the same thing if FOX (or anyone else) did the same thing. You can be biased, without being clumsy and stupid. Faking something so easy to check is clumsy and stupid. Label me as "indoctrinated" if you want, but even if they are some kind of state-mind-control conspirators, that doesn't excuse them acting like amateurs. Not even a high school student would think they could get away with this.

Of course, if someone at CNN gets fired, I'll admit I misplaced my trust in their professionalism.

EDIT: Is there any chance at all, that Trump edited the tweet to add the word "Crooked" after CNN saw it?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, well, the good news is, if anyone in the Trump side says "Clinton was accused, therefore, she must be guilty" the Clinton side can throw that rape accusation right back into it. It's hypocrisy insurance, really.
    CNN is staffed with morons and liars, just like how they edited the video of Slyville Smith to make a completely different narrative.

7+ Year Old Account
    No doubt he altered the tweet just to make CNN look bad. Yeah...that's the ticket! Look at you.

- - - Updated - - -

I find your worldview to be quite fascinating. Party on, Garth.

CNN is staffed with morons and liars, just like how they edited the video of Slyville Smith to make a completely different narrative.
    The fact that anyone who works on their broadcasts gets paid for doing their job causes me physical pain. I still remember their reporters resorting to jumping up and down and waving their arms frantically to try to get their producers attention while they were reporting on the Boston bombing...only for them to say that the news that was so important was that a dog was barking and a police car drove by.

Seriously, they're almost universally a bloody joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt he altered the tweet just to make CNN look bad. Yeah...that's the ticket! Look at you.
    Um, no, still saying it was carelessness. Trump and his campaign don't try to "trap" the media, they just flat-out accuse them of twisting their words and kick them out of press functions. I'm just looking for a reason this could happen, other than CNN thinking people can't read Twitter. They're a multi-billion company whose main job is to get information. They have to know that posting an altered image of a tweet is 100% likely to get caught.

They have to know that posting an altered image of a tweet is 100% likely to get caught.
    It's CNN, at this point I expect gross incompetence out of them in all things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Um, no, still saying it was carelessness. Trump and his campaign don't try to "trap" the media, they just flat-out accuse them of twisting their words and kick them out of press functions. I'm just looking for a reason this could happen, other than CNN thinking people can't read Twitter. They're a multi-billion company whose main job is to get information. They have to know that posting an altered image of a tweet is 100% likely to get caught.
    You can't edit tweets. Think for crying out loud...think!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, if someone gets fired, you have an "I told you so" coming.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't edit tweets.
    Then why did you say he could literally ten minutes ago? After I literally asked that exact question?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That...or it was intentional. I'm surprised that they haven't issued a statement yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why did you say he could literally ten minutes ago? After I literally asked that exact question?
    Don't look for me to spoon feed you. I just found your mental gymnastics amusing in your attempt to make CNN a potential victim here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look for me to spoon feed you. I just found your mental gymnastics amusing in your attempt to make CNN a potential victim here.
    Hey, you have me already saying they were careless. I honestly don't want to believe any major news organization would do something that childishly easy to catch. Again, even a high school student wouldn't try that. Even a lying and/or corrupt media organization knows better than to lie about the color of the sky, or anything else it'd take 15 seconds to verify. And the original tweet was the better choice to use! Editing it adds only risk to their end, with no reward. There's no reason to do it at all.That's why I'm leaning towards "mistake".

Again, even a high school student wouldn't try that.
    I don't know, in one of my classes in high school a kid plagiarized a paper, the teacher caught him and pulled up the original on his computer, then held the printed copy the kid turned in next to the screen so you could see they matched word for word, and the kid still denied it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say the Wall gets built. Let's say it is this impenetrable behemoth that Trump says it is. What does it actually take for it to be so impenetrable?

You would need to set up security details that would make the Berlin Wall look like a crosswalk. You would essentially have to set up a mini DMZ if you want to get your monies worth out of the thing, which would mean virtually Noone getting through who isn't authorized. The only way to make the Wall work you'd need to be ruthless when it comes to keeping people from crossing. Ready to shoot those who don't respect the Wall.

Lines at the crossing would go on for miles to make sure nobody who shouldn't getting through isn't getting through. And then you'd have to increase security in the Gulf of Mexico because where do you think people will turn to get around the Wall?

Doesn't seem to feasible even before the doing the actuality numbers

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Lets say the Wall gets built. Let's say it is this impenetrable behemoth that Trump says it is. What does it actually take for it to be so impenetrable?

You would need to set up security details that would make the Berlin Wall look like a crosswalk. You would essentially have to set up a mini DMZ if you want to get your monies worth out of the thing, which would mean virtually Noone getting through who isn't authorized. The only way to make the Wall work you'd need to be ruthless when it comes to keeping people from crossing. Ready to shoot those who don't respect the Wall.

Lines at the crossing would go on for miles to make sure nobody who shouldn't getting through isn't getting through. And then you'd have to increase security in the Gulf of Mexico because where do you think people will turn to get around the Wall?

Doesn't seem to feasible even before the doing the actuality numbers
    The reason why border patrol workers support Trump isn't because of just the wall. It is the additional changes to border security along with a wall. A wall deters a lot of people (eg look at Europe as an example).

Increasing drone coverage, having more checkpoints and utitlizing natural barriers along the U.S./Mexicarn border all go a long way. Unlike Europe, the U.S./Mexcican border has many geographic features that deter crossings.

Throw in that less are crossing the border into the U.S. lately, and this is the time to prepare not 15 years later when illegal crossing rise again and resume in greater numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you have me already saying they were careless. I honestly don't want to believe any major news organization would do something that childishly easy to catch. Again, even a high school student wouldn't try that. Even a lying and/or corrupt media organization knows better than to lie about the color of the sky, or anything else it'd take 15 seconds to verify. And the original tweet was the better choice to use! Editing it adds only risk to their end, with no reward. There's no reason to do it at all.That's why I'm leaning towards "mistake".
    I hope it's a mistake as well...an honest one. The only other realistic alternative imo is that was indeed intentional...and that possibility makes me shudder.

Look, I am no fan of Trump at all, but I'm going to ignore these rape charges as bullshit. If you've seen any of Trump's three wives, you know full well what...erm, assets he's willing to deposit into, if you know what I mean. A thirteen-year-old doesn't have that. Plus, this doesn't reflect anything else in Trump's history or things he's said. It's going to get tossed.

There are plenty of valid, realistic, and most importantly proven reasons to avoid a Trump presidency. This simply isn't any of them. It's an accusation, and near as I can tell, a baseless one at that.
    While i tend to agree, do remember he made a deal withone of his ex-wives to drop the rape alligations against him for said money...

But, much like Clinton "scandals", im waiting for somereal evidence. Unlike the Dumpsters, I don't believe everything that furthers my political candidate's agendas.

I hope it's a mistake as well...an honest one. The only other realistic alternative imo is that was indeed intentional...and that possibility makes me shudder.
    Shudder? Really? For leaving out a single word that (A) does not significantly change the meaning of the message by its omission, (B) has been said so often by Trump that most people would mentally fill it in anyway when it's not there, and (C) actually makes him seem less like an angry child when it isn't included? I don't know you or your preferences, but did you shudder all the times that Fox News grossly distorted the facts and used cheap tricks (crappy graphs, putting a D next to a scandalized Republican's name, etc) to change the message in their favor, or did you give them the benefit of the doubt every single time? If leaving out 'Crooked' makes you shudder, what Fox does continuously must give you seizures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It screams small government!
    Don't forget that is what endeared him to US conservatives in the first place - he came right out the gates swinging away with "Mexicans are rapists, we're gonna make them build us a wall" and never let up. Truly presidential material.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov